Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
Jonny Jolly just got reinstated think we give him another shot?
Not at 2.5 mil, which is apparently the choice they have to make: absorb 2.5 million or release him. I say release him and give him a chance to make the team at the vet minimum.

Last edited by TimmG6376 : 02-27-2013 at 09:52 PM.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm now seeing that once he is officially re-instated on Monday they will have until March 12th to re-negotiate a contract if they want to retain him. So in theory he could renegotiate down to the vet minimum of just over 700K. Under those circumstances I'd say that is a low-risk/high-reward situation provided he is in reasonable physical condition.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jolly was always decent against the run, and provided nothing in terms of getting to QB's.
He also had a lack of discipline.

Don't hold your breath folks.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone on vacation this week here?
Old 03-02-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Free agency is the most boring time to be a Packer fan.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:35 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There's not much to talk about right now unless you wanna be like Cowboy fans and talk about the same topic till it cycles through and we talk about it all over again.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Free agency is the most boring time to be a Packer fan.
Good point.... that's why the "news" that Chris Canty is scheduled to "visit" us next week is actually the top headline at the moment.

I still think, and hope, that Clay Matthews needs a new deal ASAP.
That should be 1st on the list.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron's deal is the most important and should get done first. If Aaron gives us a team friendly deal like Tom Brady then we'll have more flexibility and if commands more than Flacco then more money management will need to occur.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:23 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I trust Aaron to not be a total douche. If he really wanted to he could probably demand $25M and what could we do? We'd HAVE to pay him. If we get him for about the same as Brees and Flacco, he's being generous.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I trust Aaron to not be a total douche. If he really wanted to he could probably demand $25M and what could we do? We'd HAVE to pay him. If we get him for about the same as Brees and Flacco, he's being generous.
I think Aaron will be looking more for a big guaranteed number (70 or 75 million) rather than a huge yearly salary like Flacco's deal

Old 03-03-2013, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

I really wanna sighn Canty u can never have enough big guys up front.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
I really wanna sighn Canty u can never have enough big guys up front.
Canty phuqed us over 4 years ago, using us for leverage to get this $ from the NFC East team he wanted to play for.

I don't trust him.

Chris Canty

Canty reportedly hopes to return to his hometown and play for the Carolina Panthers.
Playing in nine games in 2012, the defensive end made three sacks after getting four in 2011

Cullen Jenkins

The 32-year-old defensive tackle started every game the last two seasons for the Eagles and had 5 1/2 sacks in 2011 and four in 2012. He was due to make $5.5 million before Philadelphia cut him.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2MUALNe8N

How bout that.
Jenkins missed nothing in 2 years after leaving our strength & conditioning program, while his replacements like Worthy & Neal both suffered serious injuries, along with half of our front 7.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 03-03-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

A league source with knowledge of the situation expects the Packers to extend Aaron Rodgers' contract "soon," and that it will "set a new benchmark that will stand for several years."

Old 03-06-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

With free agency starting up soon one guy that I really want and think would take our offence to another leavel is Reggie Bush. Hes had two pritty decent seanson in Miami and he can catch the ball. He's by far way better than ne RB we have. What r ur guys thoughts
Old 03-06-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With free agency starting up soon one guy that I really want and think would take our offence to another leavel is Reggie Bush. Hes had two pritty decent seanson in Miami and he can catch the ball. He's by far way better than ne RB we have. What r ur guys thoughts
I am a huge Reggie Bush fan, but I feel like he has priced himself out of Green Bay. It had been reported that TT was a huge fan of his during the draft and there was a botched trade with NO for Javon Walker. I personally would like to see either Ced Benson back or Stephen Jackson for cheap. I might be in the minority, but I like our RB's. I just freaking wish Starks would stay healthy. He is a quasi-AP type RB where he wants to put the hurt on the defense. I also think he is going to feel the pressure as this season is do or die for him. I think there is enough competition within our RB group that we will finally have a solid run game next season.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Remember, the MAIN reason McCarthy was thrilled to get Cedric Benson was his DURABILITY... long track record.
Then poof, Packer uni meant injured.

Steven Jackson is similar...... I can see him in Green Bay, a good fit. But would our soft-jinx hit him too?

It would be GREAT to add a threat at RB, but not at a high $ cost.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Quote:
Remember, the MAIN reason McCarthy was thrilled to get Cedric Benson was his DURABILITY... long track record.
Then poof, Packer uni meant injured.

Steven Jackson is similar...... I can see him in Green Bay, a good fit. But would our soft-jinx hit him too?

It would be GREAT to add a threat at RB, but not at a high $ cost.
I think we should spend on a RB if we had a legitimate threat back there it would help out our play action soo much. And if that happens big plays happen
Old 03-08-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Dolphins just re-signed Hartline for $31 million and there has been talk that their top target is Wallace not Jennings. I wonder how much interest Greg is really getting if Philbin,who knows him better than anyone, has basically said he doesn't view him as a #1 anymore. Could this be another James Jones situation where he ends up back in Green Bay?
Old 03-08-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Dolphins just re-signed Hartline for $31 million and there has been talk that their top target is Wallace not Jennings. I wonder how much interest Greg is really getting if Philbin,who knows him better than anyone, has basically said he doesn't view him as a #1 anymore. Could this be another James Jones situation where he ends up back in Green Bay?
It's a possibility. Greg has stated that he wants to play somewhere warm or end up back in Green Bay.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I'm honestly not sure how excited I'd be to have Jennings back knowing he wanted to leave..... I used to love the guy.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm honestly not sure how excited I'd be to have Jennings back knowing he wanted to leave..... I used to love the guy.
Why? It's not like he pissed on a picture of Lombardi or something. The Packers weren't going to offer him what he wanted. If nobody else does, then what's the harm if he comes back?
Old 03-08-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Why? It's not like he pissed on a picture of Lombardi or something. The Packers weren't going to offer him what he wanted. If nobody else does, then what's the harm if he comes back?
If his heart is on the team, and not the money... of course.
But way too many times I have seen players become too focused on the money/business end of things.
Have you not seen this in sports, many times?
Old 03-08-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
But way too many times I have seen players become too focused on the money/business end of things.
I find it endlessly adorable when people pretend that playing professional sports should be some sort of honor instead of a job. When Aaron Rodgers gets the biggest contract in the history of the NFL sometime in the next year, will you call him out, too? I mean, ****. By this rationale, they should just play for room and board.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:58 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'm sorry, but you may not value your body as much as the other.

I bet it's really nice being Collins, Murphy, etc...

Owners use GMs to build them a pile of money, GMs find athletes to preserve the pile of money.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Reportedly the team has shown interest in San Fran DL Ricky Jean Francois