Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Where will Alex Smith be next season
Buffalo 5 4.63%
Cleveland 10 9.26%
Kansas City 47 43.52%
Jacksonville 6 5.56%
Arizona 25 23.15%
NY Jets 10 9.26%
Other: Who 5 4.63%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Another funny thing is, the only difference(to me) between Kaep and Smith last season is that Kaep added his ability to run. Defenses respected him due to that. Passing the ball wasn't any different.
I know this isn't the main point, but I'd just like to say that Kaepernick did have a much better knack for connecting on the deep ball than Alex Smith did. I think ESPN or PFF had an interesting metric that showed Kaepernick had the best deep ball completion among starters beyond 30 or 40 yards. Kaepernick also has more velocity on his throws which has helped and hurt him at times.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's take another way of looking at it...

Smith has a beautiful face. It's proportionate, the eyes are sparkling and a tremendous color, his smile is weak for this specific picture but he's shown elite smiling intangibles before so I believe this is an anomaly. Overall, a fantastic looking human being and could get any girl or guy out there regardless of career, choice, definite 8/10 at worst, could easily pass for a 9.

Seems like he has a gentle face, but Kaep really has some issues here. First of all, that nose. It's absolutely a monster, way bigger than any natural nose should ever be. Instead of going to his solid to above average smile, you notice that nose immediately. It's distracting and costs him big time, huge negative. He has really overrated facial hair as well, not helping his facial structure's weaknesses or distracting from them as well. Would I sleep with him just based on his face? That's the key question here, and I honestly couldn't say yes or no because of the weaknesses. Overall, a 6/10 at best, more inclined to go to 5/10.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i thought it was impossible to take a thread that has been pushed to the ground and push it even further, but it has.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can get behind that kind of scouting Brody.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What Brodeur also fails to mention is Alex Smith has a much better sounding name for a QB. If anything, it's almost too common, but Kaepernick? That's so tough to spell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Smith will prove most of you wrong and have a big year.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the hell? Superman and Captain America? Way to pick Dc's and Marvel's most boring characters. That certainly hurts Smith's case here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everytime I glance over this thread I read it as "Alex Smith is a Child" and then do a double take. Someone edit the thread title, please.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys. He just looks like a pro bowl QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking forward to the big screen adaptation of Alex Smiths life starring Ryan Gosling. It will be Drive meets football.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Looking forward to the big screen adaptation of Alex Smiths life starring Ryan Gosling. It will be Drive meets football.
Drive is a godtier movie, so I'm excited.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-03-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
What the hell? Superman and Captain America? Way to pick Dc's and Marvel's most boring characters. That certainly hurts Smith's case here.
The mediocrity is being stressed so much, but I just can't shake the feeling that this will either go really well a la Brees in New Orleans or (more likely) Alex will struggle and **** will get really bad while the Raiders take Geno and cruise to a 9-7 to 11-5 season.

With the receiving weapons the Raiders have, an "on" QB could easily take them to a high level. This **** just doesn't sit right. Definitely feels like the Chiefs really ****** up...like they were trying to figure out how to **** up worse than any team in NFL history.

Oakland really just needs a TE and a RB on offense. WR depth would help, but they're a pretty loaded offense if they take care of the former. With ~6 picks in the first 4 rounds, they can really load up. Eifert/Ertz in the second then grab a Michael Ford or Jonathan Franklin at RB with one of the other picks and spend the rest on defense.

FML

Last edited by nepg : 03-03-2013 at 10:42 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post

Guys. He just looks like a pro bowl QB.
Ryan Gosling can QB my team any day.

Any by QB I mean have sex with.

And by team I mean anus.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm one of those guys that wants almost all prospects to pan out, unless they are Titus Young level dumb.

I hope Smith does do well, wishing ill on other men is pretty low. I just wouldn't bet the house on it.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brodeur, Alex Smith or Brady Quinn?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:53 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
They should make it so that Gosling's acting ability reflects Alex's production throughout his career.

For the first 90 minutes of the film, Gosling can only communicate using crude grunts and clicks. He'll constantly walk into stationary objects and fall down. For the last ten minutes, he can speak at a high school graduate level and only stub his toe when he walks into ****.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Brodeur, Alex Smith or Brady Quinn?
I guess I'll do a Brady Quinn scouting report while at work here...

Let us get this out of the way: Brady Quinn is an incredibly handsome man. He has a face chiseled out of stone almost, and the structure is perfection. He has had blemishes on his face in the past, but I cannot let that take away from his general incredible face. However, there's two flaws that come into play when looking at his face, at least in comparison to Alex Smith: his hair and his eyes. At times, his hair has looked terrific and suitable for a 10/10 tier QB. But far too often he has a 9 year old boy's haircut, and it detracts severly from his well mannered face. Finally, there is his eyes. Now look, I can't deny that I'm an eye man. I go straight for a person's eyes and if they have beautiful eyes, I'm mush. The problem with Quinn is simple, his eyes are bland. They don't jump out at you, and they're just a boring brown. I can't call something like that any other way. Contrast that to Alex Smith, who has amazing eyes that just sparkle wherever you go. Because of this, I have to knock him down to an 8/10.

Current rankings:
Alex Smith
Brady Quinn
Colin Kaepernick

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-04-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Quality post
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:57 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Everytime I glance over this thread I read it as "Alex Smith is a Child" and then do a double take. Someone edit the thread title, please.
I always see it as "Alex Smith is a Chef."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I fixed the title for you guys.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I fixed the title for you guys.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

If someone finds a shirtless pic of Alex Smith, I'll do full extensive scouting reports on all of those 3 as well as Matt Cassell. It will help determine the ultimate winner of those 4 (probably Quinn but we shall see).

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-04-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, so close...

10 seconds later, Kaepernick took Smith from behind. You can tell with the way they're looking at each other.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
If someone finds a shirtless pic of Alex Smith, I'll do full extensive scouting reports on all of those 3 as well as Matt Cassell. It will help determine the ultimate winner of those 4 (probably Quinn but we shall see).
These scouting reports are redeeming you in this thread for me. You should contact Scott about taking over his scouting report duties, I feel like your insight would give us a different approach to things. Also, I think Quinn over takes Smith here. Quinn has the commercial endorsements going for him, "NOW IM DONE!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFLDraftGay.com by Brody