Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I used to not be a fan of Le'Veon Bell, but now I am a huge fan and hope he's still around in the third day so we can take him. I wouldn't be mad if we drafted two RBs this year.
I like Bell a lot too, been mocking two RBs for us for a while (mostly Lacy and Bell, in the second and fourth) but with the new interest in Bell he'll likely not last that long. Sucks, I'd love to get both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Sounds like Big Play William *** is back in the Burgh!

Meh, but he's good depth and a pretty good special teams player.
Hopefully just insurance in case Lewis leaves, because if he stays I don't think he could be anything more than the #4 (Taylor, Lewis, and Allen all before). I also think this indicates the team isn't very high on Brown or Vitorian.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think lewis is gone, and im not that upset by it.

Not that *** excites me, but hes a good nickel corner, im like pissed that curtis brown hasnt shown anything, i was real high on all 3 of those longhorn DBs and i thought brown was the best DB of the bunch
Old 03-03-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not giving up on Brown yet. Lewis had a very similar start and turned it on. I also think *** coming back doesn't mean Lewis is gone.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*** is cheap veteran depth and good on ST. doesn't hurt to bring him in. I think Lewis is probably gone, but I don't think the reason is because they signed Willie today
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think lewis played well, but imo hes just a body at #2 CB....*** and mcfadden had decent years too....i dont think hes going to want the money he should get. I think cortez could step in just fine

itll be interesting to see what cary williams gets
Old 03-03-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i think lewis is gone, and im not that upset by it.

Not that *** excites me, but hes a good nickel corner, im like pissed that curtis brown hasnt shown anything, i was real high on all 3 of those longhorn DBs and i thought brown was the best DB of the bunch
Yeah, I'm not too sure about Lewis staying (financial reasons of course), but what irks me is we're letting the younger talent go by keeping older guys who probably will all be gone within the next two, three years. Harrison, Foote, Keisel, Hampton, probably Clark, maybe even Taylor and Polamalu too. I'd rather keep Lewis for a while and lose a combination of the older players than vice-versa.

At this point, I'd take Lewis over both Keisel and Hampton based on depth and level of play, let alone the injuries. In any case, who knows, it'll be interesting what the team does.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:31 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

saw that jim wexell thinks that jarvis jones would be a perfect fit for us a ILB and doesnt think he can play 3-4 olb

honestly - the man can probably play any of our 4 LB positions at a high level

jones / timmons inside would be beastly...

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3 years for Gai. Probably means that Lewis is gone now...

Edit: Or what they think of DVD and/or Curtis Brown. I'd still give Brown a shot. He's our best STer and still can develop into something at corner. Not sure about DVD.

Last edited by Hines : 03-04-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Hines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
saw that jim wexell thinks that jarvis jones would be a perfect fit for us a ILB and doesnt think he can play 3-4 olb

honestly - the man can probably play any of our 4 LB positions at a high level

jones / timmons inside would be beastly...
he doesnt believe he can play OLB? he was born to play OLB for us.

Wexell didnt think harrison could, but he thought timmons could...so.....lol
Old 03-05-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

to be fair about 34 teams didnt think harrison could play for them - and thats counting teams like us who cut em more than once at first

timmons would still be a freak in a 4 - 3 at any of the LB positions, and well hes finally close to a freak asa ilb in our system

i always figured they drafted him to play inside but were hopeful he could play outside

Old 03-05-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

1. Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia

After seeing Decastro fall into our laps last season, heres the next best thing. Jarvis Jones is the best player in this draft, a borderline elite prospect. Would absolutely thrive in replacing harrison and be able to have much more range in coverage. He falls to 17, but the steelers shouldnt be shy on taking a shot on him. his spinal condition may be bothersome for him later on in his life, but that will happen regardless if he plays football or not. if hes good to go, we'll get some quality years out of him even if others were scared away/

Other Picks: Chance Warmack, Jon Cooper, Keenan Allen, Cordarelle Patterson, Xavier Rhodes, Tyler Eifert, Barkevious Mingo, Kenny Vaccaro, DeAndre Hopkins

2. Justin Hunter WR Tennessee

I absolutely love this pick. Hes 6-4, 200 pounds, with 4.4 speed. hes a big WR that ben craves, hes physical enough, and should be getting very comfortable on his knee. he was a top prospect before he got hurt and he was good last year, but you could see the hesitation on his knee. That passes with time. I LOVVVEEEE Patterson as a prospect, but i wouldnt be surprised in the littlest bit if Hunter is the better pro, and he was no slouch in workouts, even though Patterson was amazing.

Other Picks: Giovanni Bernard, Matt Elam, Shamarko Thomas, Davis Amerson, Robert Woods, Zach Ertz, Corey Lemonier, Manti Teo, Kevin Minter, Margus Hunt, Terrence Williams

3. Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford

This is assuming mendenhall wont be brought back, but it fills a need and maybe can lift the run game out of the basement. he was productive at stanford, and he will welcome being reunited with Decastro as Decastro takes the next step.

Other Picks: TJ Mcdonald, Montee Ball, Dennard Robinson, Mike Gissellie, BW Webb, Brandon Jenkins, Chase Thomas

4. Brian Schwenke C Cal

This only works if they move Pouncey to Guard, which ive never been opposed to. hes a top 7 center, but would be a top 4 guard and it would take some stress of his ankles. Schwenke can move people off the line and has had a producitve career at a school with a decent pedigree

5. Landry Jones QB Oklahoma

Was a long time hater of his when he got any first round hype...just another OU QB, but still has good size, was accurate, and is experienced. Not the prospect he was supposed to be, but will be one hell of a backup with some starter potential.

6. Rontez Miles S Cal-PA

Hes a lock pick imo being all inked up with a steeler logo on his arm. Hes a little known player but they have a soft spot for players who were fans growing up (See: Mike Adams, one of my lock picks last year). Developmental safety prospect and a local product.

7. TJ Barnes DT Georgia Tech

Hes a mammoth AT 6-7 369, He lost weight from 378 and wants to play at 350...hes got some trouble with technique because hes so tall, but a late round flier could be worth it because he can certainly take up blockers once he starts to play lower and he can knock down passes. You take a flier on him because theres only a handful of people on the planet that big, see if he can be someone
Old 03-05-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

im mikehoppe and i approve of this draft ^

Old 03-06-2013, 07:44 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Butler worked out Lemonier in LB drills at their Pro Day. I can see him being a second round selection for the Steelers.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:05 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

if one of the top(ish) quarterbacks falls to round 3/4 like nassib/glennon would you hate us taking them?

i think id actually be in favor of it

Old 03-08-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I wouldn't be mad.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
AgentM
Rookie

AgentM hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Do you guys know where to get a list of all of the players that the Steelers interviewed at the Combine?
AgentM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
Do you guys know where to get a list of all of the players that the Steelers interviewed at the Combine?
i know the ppg usually puts out something when it comes a bit closer to draft time - other than that i dont know

Old 03-09-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
AgentM
Rookie

AgentM hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
i know the ppg usually puts out something when it comes a bit closer to draft time - other than that i dont know
Cool thanks!

Does anyone else think that after round one we have to draft multiple skill position guys? We are thin at WR and God awful at RB right now.
AgentM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Harrison is officially gone.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PFT said he refused 30% pay cut with a chance at earning it back through incentives. Apparently made decision without consulting agent on market for him. May find out he's not going to get the money he thought he was going to get.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burden View Post
PFT said he refused 30% pay cut with a chance at earning it back through incentives. Apparently made decision without consulting agent on market for him. May find out he's not going to get the money he thought he was going to get.
id be very surprised if he got paid again like that
Old 03-11-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Foster signing is a good thing. The way these guys get injured I'd rather have him start and put Beachem on the bench as depth. Gilbert's inevitably gonna go down.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Probably more than guarantees that Colon is either taking a pay cut or getting cut come June 1 (so they don't have such a large dead money cap hit next year).

Also I saw that Beanie Wells got cut. Is that a cheap option for the Steelers backfield?
Old 03-12-2013, 07:33 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

steelers linked with steven jackson...would be soooo awesome
Old 03-12-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

No on beanie. He blows. Sjax is not coming to Pittsburgh although I'd love it.

Dan Connor is visiting this week and I expect him to be signed if he passes a physical.