Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 02-27-2013, 08:47 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

If Philly selects him at #4 it will be the worst draft mistake they've made in the past 10 years.

Yes, worse than selecting Danny Watkins in the first round in 2011 and worse than picking Jerome McDougle in the first round in 2003.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Yes, he did. He was amazing in drills. Great agility and balance that defies his physical dimensions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
If Philly selects him at #4 it will be the worst draft mistake they've made in the past 10 years.

Yes, worse than selecting Danny Watkins in the first round in 2011 and worse than picking Jerome McDougle in the first round in 2003.
Wow. This is all I get?

Black Bolt, thank you.

AcheTen, why?
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:57 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ansah didn't hire a combine trainer.

Never ran a 40 before. Again, he has the type of talent that can't be taught and will only get better with coaching.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...in-for-combine
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Never ran a 40 before. Again, he has the type of talent that can't be taught and will only get better with coaching.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...in-for-combine
The link said Ansah's agent is the one who reported that Ziggy had never run a 40yd dash before the combine.

If this is true, I hope someone close to Ziggy tells him to FIRE HIS AGENT.

How are you going to represent a college prospect before the biggest predraft testing of his life and NOT hire someone to get him ready for the combine???

Either his agent is lying or he's an idiot.

I easily could see someone in the top 10 falling in love with Ziggy.
He profiles soooo close to JPP in terms of raw physical tools.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
The link said Ansah's agent is the one who reported that Ziggy had never run a 40yd dash before the combine.

How are you going to represent a college prospect before the biggest predraft testing of his life and NOT hire someone to get him ready for the combine???

Either his agent is lying or he's an idiot.

I easily could see someone in the top 10 falling in love with Ziggy.
He profiles soooo close to JPP in terms of raw physical tools.
I'd (By "I'd" I mean the Raiders) take him in a heartbeat. As far as not running a 40, it is very strange; however, he does have a track background. He may have not run that specific distance in the past. By yeah, if true, his agent should have been fired yesterday.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post

Or if you read the report, it indicates Ziggy was taking classes instead of preparing with "outside help," but still preparing. Maybe not for the 40 itself, but doesn't say anything about other tests. And there are training staffs that don't focus on the 40 for their clients as it is.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My guess is Ansah focused on other areas since he knew he'd already do well in the 40 with his track background. The agent is just putting this story out there to attempt to convince people that he would have clocked an even better time if he had trained specifically for it.

I remember when Joe Thomas was training before his draft he stated that he was not training specifically for combine events, just to become stronger and a better overall football player. Obviously a little different situation for him as he was a consensus top 5 player, but I respect the idea that it's more important to be a good football player than it is to have a good combine.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

How old is Ansah though. He looks to be in his mid 20s at least. I wouldn't touch him in the first three rounds.
raphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael View Post
How old is Ansah though. He looks to be in his mid 20s at least. I wouldn't touch him in the first three rounds.
Ed Reed looked like he was in his mid 30's in high school.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hes 23 or 24 IIRC. But watch his 40, it looks like he's accelerating through the 40 yard mark, or at least thats what i saw...anyone else see it or is it just me?
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman57 View Post
Hes 23 or 24 IIRC. But watch his 40, it looks like he's accelerating through the 40 yard mark, or at least thats what i saw...anyone else see it or is it just me?
He has to be older than that. He was 19 when some missionary "discovered" him playing soccer in Africa. Means he had to be at least 20 before he got into a U.S. college on scholarship. He has been in school here for five years.
That is assuming that he didn't lie about his age to have a better chance of being accepted on scholarship. We'll probably never know for sure, but I think he is as old as Margus Hunt at least.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He has to be older than that. He was 19 when some missionary "discovered" him playing soccer in Africa. Means he had to be at least 20 before he got into a U.S. college on scholarship. He has been in school here for five years.
That is assuming that he didn't lie about his age to have a better chance of being accepted on scholarship. We'll probably never know for sure, but I think he is as old as Margus Hunt at least.
The guy could still be good for a solid 8 seasons.
ph90702 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
The guy could still be good for a solid 8 seasons.
Except he hasn't been good yet. I think last season was his first as a starter in college. Pedestrian stats, no awards. Was very up and down at the Senior Bowl. He isn't likely to get much better, either. Damontre Moore is five years younger than him and has a ton of college production, along with All America status.

This whole thing about Ansah is loopy. So far it's just a media driven, I don't know if he has much credibility on the team level.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he is 23 and turning 24 in May.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I think he is 23 and turning 24 in May.

I'm always a little leery of the age thing with BYU players.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

If Ansah gets drafted highly with a big signing bonus, that's probably the last you hear about him. Look at his history. Became a Mormon for a scholarship. Dabbled at three or four different sports and lost interest after awhile. Took up football on the promise of being able to make money and hated it for the most part. I don't think a team uses a first round pick on him. I wouldn't take him at all.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yikes, I didn't realize he was that old. I've had him as a top 3 player in this draft, but that hurts him a little bit in my eyes.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Yikes, I didn't realize he was that old. I've had him as a top 3 player in this draft, but that hurts him a little bit in my eyes.
Yeah when I guy has his first year as a starter in college in his mid 20s, he isn't going far from there. Danny Watkins comes to mind. Brandon Weeden. Chris Weinke. At least they had previous backgrounds in the sport. Ansah has to be 25 at least.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The age is definitely not ideal but you can't deny the talent. Drafting a guy who will be a 24 year old rookie is not ideal, but Dion Jordan will be a 23 year old rookie and has similar question marks. You can't deny his raw talent and upside. If ******* 27 year old Danny Watkins can be a first rounder as a guard then someone will take Ansah no later than top 20.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
The age is definitely not ideal but you can't deny the talent. Drafting a guy who will be a 24 year old rookie is not ideal, but Dion Jordan will be a 23 year old rookie and has similar question marks. You can't deny his raw talent and upside. If ******* 27 year old Danny Watkins can be a first rounder as a guard then someone will take Ansah no later than top 20.
I think the difference here is that Ansah is being hyped largely on the basis of upside and untapped potential, though. He has done practically nothing at the college level. If he was 19 or 20 and just off the boat from Ghana, then you might be inclined to roll the dice on the basis of big upside. Watkins, I think was a three or four year starter in college after playing the game for a number of years before he entered college. He was drafted with the expectation that he could step right in to an NFL lineup. Weeden as well. Ansah is described as "extremely raw".
Old 03-28-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
BlueFunk96
Rookie

BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He is 23, will turn 24 sometime this year.

By the way, BYU's pro day was today. I don't have enough posts to post a link, but it's on the Deseret News website sports section right now, if you're interested. There's an article and interview with Ziggy.

Ziggy's graduation ceremony is the same day as the 1st round of the NFL draft. He initially declined the invitation to be at the draft, wanting to walk at his graduation, instead. He only changed his mind after a bunch of people talked him into it, and after confirming with the school that he could walk at a later ceremony - probably in August.

Remember, he came to BYU on an academic scholarship, and he's graduating with a degree in statistics and a minor in math.

Regarding the 40 at the combine. What I've been able to glean is that Ziggy chose to focus on schoolwork rather than combine preparation, so he could graduate this spring. I do recall being surprised during the weeks leading up to the draft that he was in Provo training, instead of at one of the draft preparation facilities. Also, he was not going to run the 40 at the combine, which is why he didn't really prepare for it. He made the decision himself at the last minute to run it. I'm sure his agent was not happy with the decision (until after he ran the 4.63), but the pre-combine preparation was Ziggy's choice, not his agent's.

Don't take this to mean Ziggy's not serious about football. The coaches ran him to death when he first started with the team. Nobody (probably even Ziggy) expected him to last.

He's really smart. And he knows where his bread is buttered. Skipping combine preparation to play video games might be a red flag; skipping combine preparation to focus on classes isn't an indication that he's going into the NFL half-assed.

The thing that I kept hearing commentators mention about him over the season was his motor. Yeah, there were times he got a little tired (and at least in the Utah State game, he was sick - I think even throwing up before and during the game), but he was relentless on the field. And to go from never having seen a football game to dominating major college football teams in 3 years strongly indicates a good work ethic.

The thing about Ziggy is he has no red flags. He's got all the athletic ability in the world, he shows a good motor and work ethic, he's really smart, he's coachable, he's never had a whiff of being in trouble, he has no history of injury, and he's explosive and physical. Kind of the perfect storm for a football player. The only knock on him is his lack of experience and technique, and that's going to be overcome pretty quickly.

I've got two favorite plays Ziggy made. The first was against Boise State on a fake punt where he threw the 240-lb. defender 5 yards to the side like a rag doll (look at the video - not an exaggeration), recognized the fake punt, and destroyed the guy with the ball behind the line of scrimmage.

The second was against Utah State where he fought through a double team, chased the QB around for a couple seconds, and when he caught up with him, picked him up and body slammed him for the sack.

Okay, I guess the third was also against Utah State, I believe, where he started his rush, sensed a screen, spun around on a dime and located the running back, and then chased him down for a loss.

I think those three plays really show what a team's going to get with Ziggy.

I'm guessing he'll be a Lion. He took to the defense their coaching staff brought to the Senior Bowl really well.

Last edited by BlueFunk96 : 03-28-2013 at 07:38 PM.
BlueFunk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
BlueFunk96
Rookie

BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Ansah gets drafted highly with a big signing bonus, that's probably the last you hear about him. Look at his history. Became a Mormon for a scholarship. Dabbled at three or four different sports and lost interest after awhile. Took up football on the promise of being able to make money and hated it for the most part. I don't think a team uses a first round pick on him. I wouldn't take him at all.
That's a completely false and biased characterization. I don't know where you got that information from.

He joined the Church in Ghana. After that, in fact I think even after the missionary who baptized him had returned home, knowing that Ziggy dreamed of being in the NBA, he suggested that he go to BYU and try out for the basketball team. Ziggy managed to secure an academic scholarship (how many NFL draftees can claim that?) You don't get a scholarship for becoming a Mormon.

He tried out for basketball his first year, but didn't make the team. He tried out again his second year, but didn't make the team. Since he wasn't having success at basketball, he went out for track and joined the team for the indoor season. He did pretty well, but because he was so big, he was having trouble on the indoor track staying in his lane and kept bumping runners in the adjacent lanes.

The track coach, a former BYU track star who is also from Ziggy's home town of Accra, Ghana (Leonard Myles-Mills) decided that with his size and bulk, football might be a better fit for Ziggy, actually walked him down to the football offices to introduce him to the coaches. If I remember the story correctly, it was shortly before this that Ziggy went to his first football game and was intrigued. So he gave it a try.

He didn't make it through the first few workouts, but he kept with it and learned the game. He spent two years primarily on special teams and became a special teams legend. One of his teammates said in his first game, he ran down on kickoff coverage, destroyed three players on the other team on his way down, but didn't get to the ball carrier. He was surprised when his teammates were freaked out about what he had just done (running through three opposing players) because he hadn't made the tackle. He was generally the first guy down on kick coverage and was a key component of an unusually good kick coverage team.

A guy who's only concern is getting that big paycheck isn't going to complete a difficult degree (statistics with a math minor), skip combine preparation to focus on classes, and have to be convinced by multiple people to skip his graduation to go to the NFL draft.

You've got something against Ziggy, and it's clouding your reason.
BlueFunk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BlueFunk droppin knowledge.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFunk96 View Post
That's a completely false and biased characterization. I don't know where you got that information from.

He joined the Church in Ghana. After that, in fact I think even after the missionary who baptized him had returned home, knowing that Ziggy dreamed of being in the NBA, he suggested that he go to BYU and try out for the basketball team. Ziggy managed to secure an academic scholarship (how many NFL draftees can claim that?) You don't get a scholarship for becoming a Mormon.

He tried out for basketball his first year, but didn't make the team. He tried out again his second year, but didn't make the team. Since he wasn't having success at basketball, he went out for track and joined the team for the indoor season. He did pretty well, but because he was so big, he was having trouble on the indoor track staying in his lane and kept bumping runners in the adjacent lanes.

The track coach, a former BYU track star who is also from Ziggy's home town of Accra, Ghana (Leonard Myles-Mills) decided that with his size and bulk, football might be a better fit for Ziggy, actually walked him down to the football offices to introduce him to the coaches. If I remember the story correctly, it was shortly before this that Ziggy went to his first football game and was intrigued. So he gave it a try.

He didn't make it through the first few workouts, but he kept with it and learned the game. He spent two years primarily on special teams and became a special teams legend. One of his teammates said in his first game, he ran down on kickoff coverage, destroyed three players on the other team on his way down, but didn't get to the ball carrier. He was surprised when his teammates were freaked out about what he had just done (running through three opposing players) because he hadn't made the tackle. He was generally the first guy down on kick coverage and was a key component of an unusually good kick coverage team.

A guy who's only concern is getting that big paycheck isn't going to complete a difficult degree (statistics with a math minor), skip combine preparation to focus on classes, and have to be convinced by multiple people to skip his graduation to go to the NFL draft.

You've got something against Ziggy, and it's clouding your reason.
He must of earned a scholarship considering that free schooling you just game him.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think the difference here is that Ansah is being hyped largely on the basis of upside and untapped potential, though. He has done practically nothing at the college level. If he was 19 or 20 and just off the boat from Ghana, then you might be inclined to roll the dice on the basis of big upside. Watkins, I think was a three or four year starter in college after playing the game for a number of years before he entered college. He was drafted with the expectation that he could step right in to an NFL lineup. Weeden as well. Ansah is described as "extremely raw".
Ansah is far more talented than Weeden and Watkins. Why you are comparing him to them in the first place, I don't know. Ansah is 23, not 26 or 28