Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-04-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How About a Junior GM Game?

Okay, since we all know that we are the real experts and the teams are foolish to pay GMs large sums of money since we could do the job more successfully and for half the cost, let's show everyone some of our greatest picks. And to show how ballsy we are, let's be candid and list some of our failures. List the following:

A. A prospect you was a pro bowler in waiting and would have been picked much higher if teams just listened to you.

B. A prospect thought to be taken too high, but proved to be worthy of the pick and you were all over it.

C. A prospect who was both rated and taken far too high who you knew beyond a shadow of a doubt would be a bust.

D. A prospect that fell and became a "steal" on draft day, but only on draft day just as you predicted.

Here's mine to start things off:

A. Anquan Boldin- excellent at finding spot spot in coverage, attacked the ball and then bullied the defender. Also, I couldn't understand how Ed Reed wasn't picked in the top ten over Roy Williams. The guy did the exact same thing he does now in college but apparently no one noticed.

B. Nnamdi Asomougha- Everyone was like "huh?" I was like, yeah! Loved his size, wheels and smarts coming out. I'll throw in Lamar Houston in the high as well.

C. Cade McNown- Honestly, I couldn't begin to see the attraction to this bum. I wanted to say Vernon Gholston but I have mentioned him too much already, so I'll make Heath Shuler my runner up.

D. Antajj Hawthorne- As a Raiders fan, I wish I was wrong on this one, but when a "first round talent" falls all the way to the 4th because he smoked weed, he probably can't ball.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 03-04-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

I picked Jones-Drew, Mike Wallace, Rob Gronkowski, DeMaryius Thomas, Kyle Rudoloph. Still waiting to cash in on Gabbert, but he will turn out to be the best of that class I think.

No misses. That I remember at least. :)
raphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael View Post
I picked Jones-Drew, Mike Wallace, Rob Gronkowski, DeMaryius Thomas, Kyle Rudoloph. Still waiting to cash in on Gabbert, but he will turn out to be the best of that class I think.

No misses. That I remember at least. :)
What categories are they in? Also, you gave 5 responses.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These threads always just result in everyone lying.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was right about ray rice you can all suck it and i'm a genius, the end
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A- Jamaal Charles

B- Demaryius Thomas

C- Jamarcus Russell

D- Dontay Moch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i was right about ray rice you can all suck it and i'm a genius, the end
This post is ******* solid. + rep.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
What categories are they in? Also, you gave 5 responses.
Just guys I thought might become the best players out of a draft who weren't taken at or near the top. I usually pick out a couple players I really like from a draft regardless of where they are rated and eliminate guys I don't. So if I was a G.M. the guys I like would go 1-2-3-4 etc. Even if they end up being taken in the seventh round or something. This year I like Joeckel, Moore, Hopkins, Allen, McDonald, Devin Taylor, Marquess Wilson. A lot of the top rated guys I wouldn't touch regardless of where they fell. I go a lot on how they come across in interviews. Also college production as a function of age when they did it. My perspective is that bright guys are going to keep developing and not get sidetracked, and that younger guys have more upside.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A Clinton Porits, B Bruce Irvin, C Alex Smith (idc that he's mildly successful now, he was brutal for ~5 years), D Tony Pape
Old 03-04-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
A Clinton Porits, B Bruce Irvin, C Alex Smith (idc that he's mildly successful now, he was brutal for ~5 years), D Tony Pape
Oo, you gotta come stronger than that! The book is out on Irving and I don't know who Tony Pape is.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
fatso
Rookie

fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A DeSean Jackson (Marcus McNeil would be my pick pre injury. Or Aaron Rodgers)
B Bruce Irvin (know it's already taken but it just fits too well)
C Mark Sanchez
D Taylor Mays

PAC 12 REPRESENT

I was also wrong a ton of times, though. I liked Cedrick Ellis. Loved Prince Amukamara. Thought Reggie Williams (WR) was gonna be a stud. I'm really nervous Alshon Jeffery is gonna burn me, too. Love that guy.

Last edited by fatso : 03-04-2013 at 05:05 PM.
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
SilentJaguar
Rookie

SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.

A. Mike Wallace - Wanted him so bad that draft and we went and took Terrence Knighton and traded back up for Derek Cox in the 3rd.

B. Don't recall any off the top of my head.

C. Jason Smith - HATED him coming out. Gabbert would be another one.

D. Mike Thomas - Didn't really "fall", but I thought he was going to open up the offense so much. One decent season and nothing disappointment afterward. BLEH.
SilentJaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oo, you gotta come stronger than that! The book is out on Irving and I don't know who Tony Pape is.
I have no idea what you mean about Irvin, he fits that category perfectly. D is kind of hard since the point is that the player was a late rounder that went on to be irrelevant. Pape was like a top ~8 OT according to Scott that went undrafted because he sucked.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
I have no idea what you mean about Irvin, he fits that category perfectly. D is kind of hard since the point is that the player was a late rounder that went on to be irrelevant. Pape was like a top ~8 OT according to Scott that went undrafted because he sucked.
Irving has played one year and it's not like he dominated. Too early is all I am saying.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
A- Jamaal Charles

B- Demaryius Thomas

C- Jamarcus Russell

D- Dontay Moch
Thomas is a great pick.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A. Brandon Flowers - felt he was the best CB that year, taken in 2nd rnd after 4 CB's were already taken. People were worried about lack of speed, but you watch his tape and you saw how solid he was at VTech.

B. Antonio Cromartie - A lot of people thought that#19 was too early for a guy that was coming off missing his whole junior year with Torn ACL, and didnt even start his soph year. As FSU fan, knew this kid was just a straight playmaker and perfect build for a lock on CB. Also terrific at making babies.

C. Aaron Maybin- Saying Vernon Gholston is too easy because I believe anyone that knew football knew that kid sucked and didn't deserve top 20 let alone top 5 pick. So I go with Maybin who i thought was a borderline 2nd rnd pick and my Bills decided #11 was the right time to pick him. I was pretty despondent after we took him because I knew we just wasted another year.

D. David Clowney - I thought teams would rue the day they let Clowney fall to the 5th rnd. Good speed for his size and seemed to be a playmaker. And I just ended up being the Clown....damn it.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 03-04-2013 at 08:41 PM.
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
A. Brandon Flowers - felt he was the best CB that year, taken in 2nd rnd after 4 CB's were already taken. People were worried about lack of speed, but you watch his tape and you saw how solid he was at VTech.

B. Antonio Cromartie - A lot of people thought that#19 was too early for a guy that was coming off missing his whole junior year with Torn ACL, and didnt even start his soph year. As FSU fan, knew this kid was just a straight playmaker and perfect build for a lock on CB. Also terrific at making babies.

C. Aaron Maybin- Saying Vernon Gholston is too easy because I believe anyone that knew football knew that kid sucked and didn't deserve top 20 let alone top 5 pick. So I go with Maybin who i thought was a borderline 2nd rnd pick and my Bills decided #11 was the right time to pick him. I was pretty despondent after we took him because I knew we just wasted another year.

D. David Clowney - I thought teams would rue the day they let Clowney fall to the 5th rnd. Good speed for his size and seemed to be a playmaker. And I just ended up being the Clown....damn it.
Forgot about Cromartie and his 37 children. The year before he got injured, he looked as freaky as a human could get for a given position.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatso View Post
A DeSean Jackson (Marcus McNeil would be my pick pre injury. Or Aaron Rodgers)
B Bruce Irvin (know it's already taken but it just fits too well)
C Mark Sanchez
D Taylor Mays

PAC 12 REPRESENT

I was also wrong a ton of times, though. I liked Cedrick Ellis. Loved Prince Amukamara. Thought Reggie Williams (WR) was gonna be a stud. I'm really nervous Alshon Jeffery is gonna burn me, too. Love that guy.
I'm with you on Alshon. He will be fine, just got hurt. Took a couple of years for DeMaryius Thomas to get healthy and show what he could do as well. Jeffrey is very similar person.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:38 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFL Draft Master69 View Post
Stop making so many threads, what do you think this is a forum.
Don't take you butt-hurtness out on me. I didn't lock your thread.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Irving has played one year and it's not like he dominated. Too early is all I am saying.
Okay, fine, though that's kind of the opposite of what you said in the first place. We'll re-visit IRVIN (ehem) in a couple years.

I don't really have another good one. I was a fan of JPP and Demaryius Thomas, though I don't really remember what the consensus was on them.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

D. Antajj Hawthorne- As a Raiders fan, I wish I was wrong on this one, but when a "first round talent" falls all the way to the 4th because he smoked weed, he probably can't ball.
Lol, completely forgot about Hawthorne. Thought he would turn out to be a monster steal... Also loved Gabe Watson..