Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-02-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OMG...

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/hots/landing/

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my school grades will suffer....

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:07 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I noticed the Starcraft battle chest is on sale on Amazon for $16 and SCII is on sale for $30. I might pick both of those up. I've played the original a lot over the years, each time losing my disks in a move. I kind of want to start fresh just for the sake of nostalgia.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I got an Elementalist and Warrior to 80. Elementalist wasn't my cup of tea but it was my first character. Warrior was a lot more fun, imo.

The game got really boring though. I can't stand getting to max level in an MMO and have there be nothing to do except dungeon runs. If an MMO releases without any sort of raid content then I'm bored rather quickly.
EXACT same thing here. Leveled an Ele to 80 right off the bat, but once at 80 something about that playstyle just didn't click with me. Next character was a warrior, straight to 80. He just felt soo much more OP when solo leveling...less flash, more substance to him. The game started losing its luster pretty quickly afterwards though. One of my friends just started playing and that's the only thing currently keeping me around.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
****. I have to get caught up on SC2 and then I have to get play through both Bioshock games. How will I accomplish this?! :(

And I've been leveling a Thief on GW2.

Last edited by nepg : 03-02-2013 at 03:16 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am just so pumped for SimCity on Tuesday.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, I know I could look this up, but I tried on the SC2 site and couldn't figure it out for some reason, so I'll just ask here. I don't have SC2 WoL or HoTs, but I want to get digital version of each . How would I buy them if I want them now? Do you have to get them in one package? Are they still sold separately? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Ok, I know I could look this up, but I tried on the SC2 site and couldn't figure it out for some reason, so I'll just ask here. I don't have SC2 WoL or HoTs, but I want to get digital version of each . How would I buy them if I want them now? Do you have to get them in one package? Are they still sold separately? Thanks in advance.
Pretty sure they're separate and you can only get them after registering a Battle.net account.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/
Old 03-02-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Pretty sure they're separate and you can only get them after registering a Battle.net account.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/
Just bought WoL for $20. Thanks.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Just bought WoL for $20. Thanks.
That is a sweet deal... I might jump on that.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Anyone know of a place I can get a good deal on GW2?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:48 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I honestly think you'll be throwing money away, but I remember it being decently cheap on Amazon a week or so ago. I dunno about now tho.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Not at the moment. I did a bit of searching before I bit the bullet.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:32 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those of you who picked up SimCity are we planning on making a shared region?

Add me on Origin: iDaedalos

I started a private region on Reflection Atoll (7 players) that I can open up if you want to join there or we can select a bigger map if we have more people interested in playing.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:44 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
****. I have to get caught up on SC2 and then I have to get play through both Bioshock games. How will I accomplish this?! :(

And I've been leveling a Thief on GW2.
Bioshock Infinite looks pretty bad ass.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those wanting to play DayZ mod right now...ArmA 2 pack is on sale for 20 bucks on steam.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
For those of you who picked up SimCity are we planning on making a shared region?

Add me on Origin: iDaedalos

I started a private region on Reflection Atoll (7 players) that I can open up if you want to join there or we can select a bigger map if we have more people interested in playing.
I bought the game, but Origin is ******* ******** and I can't download it.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I bought the game, but Origin is ******* ******** and I can't download it.
It's a normal EA launch anyhow. It worked great for maybe an hour and then I haven't been able to get back into the game thanks to their servers being down.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

I knew I should have purchased it elsewhere. First time I've used Origin in over a year.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I knew I should have purchased it elsewhere. First time I've used Origin in over a year.
Unless you had it boxed it wouldn't of mattered. I downloaded from Origin right when it opened and it was fine. Their servers got rocked and haven't recovered since this morning. :(

Supposedly it's something with Origin and not something with SimCity so we'll have to see how long it takes them to get the servers back in working condition.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it was working well all day. I've played it for a few hours and loved it. I'm still get used to the game and have been a few cities to get the kinks worked out.

My biggest struggle is traffic. I feel like you have to use high density avenues from the start for your main strip of road or you end up screwed when you get bigger.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Yeah it was working well all day. I've played it for a few hours and loved it. I'm still get used to the game and have been a few cities to get the kinks worked out.

My biggest struggle is traffic. I feel like you have to use high density avenues from the start for your main strip of road or you end up screwed when you get bigger.
After some trial and error you mainly need to avoid putting an intersection anywhere near the highway entrance. Adding a park and ride by the highway spur is excellent as well.

Most success I had this morning with traffic was getting two distinct lines of traffic: one for local; and one for tourists. Game is insanely addictive though.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
After some trial and error you mainly need to avoid putting an intersection anywhere near the highway entrance. Adding a park and ride by the highway spur is excellent as well.

Most success I had this morning with traffic was getting two distinct lines of traffic: one for local; and one for tourists. Game is insanely addictive though.
Indeed it is. I added you on Origin, we must play.

What do you mean by avoiding intersections? I'm not quite sure how that is possible haha.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Indeed it is. I added you on Origin, we must play.

What do you mean by avoiding intersections? I'm not quite sure how that is possible haha.
Just near the highway off-ramp. You need to keep traffic moving coming off the highway or it'll backup for miles.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Just near the highway off-ramp. You need to keep traffic moving coming off the highway or it'll backup for miles.
Gotcha. It's frustrating how if you don't build avenues straight away you can't upgrade to them. Pretty much has screwed over my city. Can't really fix it without completely destroying expensive buildings.