Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-05-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Where Do You Have E.J. Manuel Now?

How do you like him after his Combine workouts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably near the end of the QB rankings right before Landry Jones. Too mechanical of a release, and can't adjust his motion. Can't make any of the throws consistently with accuracy unless everything goes right which rarely happens in the NFL.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

Everyone hammers Manuel on accuracy, but I think his career % is right there with Sam Bradford. Better than Ponder on the same team. I think he was up around 67% for his career. Matt Stafford was under 60%.
raphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael View Post
Everyone hammers Manuel on accuracy, but I think his career % is right there with Sam Bradford. Better than Ponder on the same team. I think he was up around 67% for his career. Matt Stafford was under 60%.
Completion percentage does not at all equate to accuracy, especially at the college level.

I have Manuel behind Geno, Wilson, Dysert, Barkley and Glennon.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And that's great, but the point is he can't adjust his throwing motion when he is on the run or when he gets pressure on him and throw accurately. You can get away with that in college, but you won't be able to in the NFL.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Completion percentage does not at all equate to accuracy.
Accuracy IS competion percentage.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
And that's great, but the point is he can't adjust his throwing motion when he is on the run or when he gets pressure on him and throw accurately. You can get away with that in college, but you won't be able to in the NFL.
Well, I imagine that it would be tougher for him to do those things at the pro level, but he will also be older, better coached, more experienced, etc. It's the same game. No different than for anyone else. You can say that Smith won't be able to do the same things as a pro, or Barkley, or any one of them. They all will have to get quicker, smarter, and make adjustments.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No it isn't. Tim Tebow completed two-thirds of his passes in college and is the most inaccurate QB in NFL history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am actually liking the Manuel option more and more as the process goes on.

After Smith and Barkley all of the quarterbacks in this class have big question marks. If I'm going to go out on a limb I'm not so sure I wouldn't rather just swing for the fences with Manuel.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
No it isn't. Tim Tebow completed two-thirds of his passes in college and is the most inaccurate QB in NFL history.
So what makes him "the most inaccurate QB in NFL history"? The fact that he has a sub 50% COMPLETION RATE, perhaps? Can't have it both ways.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Well, I imagine that it would be tougher for him to do those things at the pro level, but he will also be older, better coached, more experienced, etc. It's the same game. No different than for anyone else. You can say that Smith won't be able to do the same things as a pro, or Barkley, or any one of them. They all will have to get quicker, smarter, and make adjustments.
For me I guess it's just one of those things that he has been doing it for so long that I don't see someone having the patience for him or him even being able to naturally adjust his motion and adapt. And we haven't even covered that he has only been healthy for one full season in college.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I am actually liking the Manuel option more and more as the process goes on.

After Smith and Barkley all of the quarterbacks in this class have big question marks. If I'm going to go out on a limb I'm not so sure I wouldn't rather just swing for the fences with Manuel.
I think the average starting QB salary is about double the average for the next highest paid position. E J only has to be "half as good", or "double the risk", to justify the same draft pick as a player from another position. Triple in some cases.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
So what makes him "the most inaccurate QB in NFL history"? The fact that he has a sub 50% COMPLETION RATE, perhaps? Can't have it both ways.
The accuracy stat is really just a numerical value to try and help gauge the effectiveness of a QB. It does not in any way tell the whole story. The only way to know is to watch the film. Tebow is one of the most inaccurate QB's in NFL history. Watch one game that he played in it will tell you that more than any numbers can.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's the 2nd best QB in the draft to Geno Smith and I've said that before combine and the senior bowl (far more upside than Matt Barkley). I've seen him play at Bayside for years prior to going to the NFL. He was a member of the elite 11 along with Glennon, Luck, Jones, Jacory Harris, Sean Renfree, Dane Crist and Blaine Gabbert. I find it a little curious how so many people here claim they never heard of him.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, I know he is horribly inaccurate because of passes like this.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 03-05-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Apparently you have not watched him play. Here let me help you this is a good starting point...

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
The accuracy stat is really just a numerical value to try and help gauge the effectiveness of a QB. It does not in any way tell the whole story. The only way to know is to watch the film. Tebow is one of the most inaccurate QB's in NFL history. Watch one game that he played in it will tell you that more than any numbers can.
Whatever. Numbers lie, but you guys see all with unprecedented clarity.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Apparently you have not watched him play. Here let me help you this is a good starting point...
If I was bored and had nothing better to do, I'd search out a hundred or so great plays and passes Tebow made in his career and post them for you. But I'm not that bored.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Found some more

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 03-05-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please God don't make this a Tebow thread.

To get back on topic, the one thing I do really like about Manuel is the fact that he has all of the tools you want in a quarterback. Prototypical size, arm, athleticism, seems to have a good head on his shoulder. He throws a beautiful ball, thanks in part to his great release. The only question is how that translates to actual play.

Ideally, I'd take him in the third, but realistically I see him going in the second.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EJ Manuel is nothing more than a project QB. This is the only year that he has stayed healthy during his time at FSU. People thought this was the guy who was going to set them over the top. Very robotic release, he hasn't had to throw any timing routes during his time at FSU....all of his throws are to stationary targets which I can still complete for **** sake. He is very mediocre and I would not touch him till the late 3rd or the 4th.

If someone takes him with the mindset that this guy is going to be the face of their franchise down the road they are going to be quite upset. This guy doesn't have the tools that "project" qb's like Kaepernick had...Kaepernick had elite tools to work with and landed on a team with a guy who has never failed in developing a QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Found some more

LMAO! That's him.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top 40 player. Won't get past Buffalo in the 2nd round. Wouldn't be surprised to see someone trade back into the first to take him.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Top 40 player. Won't get past Buffalo in the 2nd round. Wouldn't be surprised to see someone trade back into the first to take him.
Thats right Hurricane fan...THAT...IS...RIGHT!

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote