Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-04-2013, 12:27 AM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

I think Damontre Moore ends up at linebacker. Maybe even ILB. He would be beast.
raphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Kase1
Rookie

Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.Kase1 is a cocksman.

Ogeltree, Sio Moore, and Khaseem Greene are 3 guys who I would LOVE to have on the Giants

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!
Kase1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arthur Brown Jr.
Khaseem Greene
Sio Moore
Jaime Collins
Gerald Hodges
Trevardo Williams

If we ran a 3-4 in Seattle -- a guy I'd like very much in a James Harrison role:

John Simon

I guy I would cry if he was a 4-3 LB tasked with cover responsibility:

John Simon
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
kingdomcome
Rookie

kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I love him too. Think he's the best Inside Linebacker in this draft.
I like Kevin Reddick as well. He is solid all around. Good against the run and pass.

I also like A.J. Klein
kingdomcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

LBers are only as good as their DL.

If you draft stud DL, then you can put almost anybody behind them and have a good defense.

Even if you have stud LBers, if your DL is below-average your defense will suck in both the run game and the pass game.

Case in point: 49ers the past two years. Best ILBs in the league, but when Justin Smith goes down, their defense hemorrhages yards. Similarly, when their DL is beasting, and Patrick Willis misses a game, they plug in Larry Grant and don't miss a beat.

If I were a GM I would never draft a non-pass-rushing LB higher than the 3rd round, ever. LB position is to the defense what the RB position is to offense.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
kingdomcome
Rookie

kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kingdomcome is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
LBers are only as good as their DL.

If you draft stud DL, then you can put almost anybody behind them and have a good defense.

Even if you have stud LBers, if your DL is below-average your defense will suck in both the run game and the pass game.

Case in point: 49ers the past two years. Best ILBs in the league, but when Justin Smith goes down, their defense hemorrhages yards. Similarly, when their DL is beasting, and Patrick Willis misses a game, they plug in Larry Grant and don't miss a beat.

If I were a GM I would never draft a non-pass-rushing LB higher than the 3rd round, ever. LB position is to the defense what the RB position is to offense.
With all respect, I disagree with some of this. You cant put anyone at LB. A LB needs to be able to tackle, shed blocks, play their gaps and not over-pursue plays. I do agree with the last part about non-pass-rush LB being taken higher than the 3rd round. Especially with the LB having to do more in pass coverage.

RB is more of a skill position where a team can have more of a rotation at that position then LB due to specialization.

Last edited by kingdomcome : 03-07-2013 at 11:56 AM.
kingdomcome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome View Post
With all respect, I disagree with some of this. You cant put anyone at LB. A LB needs to be able to tackle, shed blocks, play their gaps and not over-pursue plays. I do agree with the last part about non-pass-rush LB being taken higher than the 3rd round. Especially with the LB having to do more in pass coverage.
I realize that you can't put anyone at LB. But you don't need anyone really special. You just need someone competent; and 6'2" 230-240lb guys who are competent are basically almost a dime a dozen. As I said, if I were a GM, all my LBers (that do not rush the passer - 34 OLBs are different) would be free agents or 3rd round - 7th round picks.

Quote:
RB is more of a skill position where a team can have more of a rotation at that position then LB due to specialization.
My point is that LB and RB are both heavily affected by the DL and OL they play in front of, respectively, and that they are highly interchangeable parts that should not be invested in with premium picks.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I wouldn't use the SF analogy. While yes that was somewhat true, that team had/has absolutely zero depth. 13 players played 90% of the defensive snaps. By the end of the season they were all worn out across the board.

Their fade down the stretch should be pretty predictable. And that defense as a whole isn't particularly youthful.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

Or how about the Ravens analogy?

There was a stretch in the mid 2000s when Ray Lewis started to look really bad. Offensive linemen were blocking him with ease, he wasn't making plays in the backfield, and the team defense was mediocre.

Then they drafted Haloti Ngata, and what do you know? Ray Lewis looks awesome again. The defense improves.

I think the Baltimore defense being great the past handful of years has more to do with the linemen - i.e. Ngata, Pryce, Redding and Suggs (pass rushing 3-4 OLB that plays in a lot of 4-3 DE looks) than with the interior linebackers.

Last edited by AcheTen (Thumper) : 03-07-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

That's a good analogy.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Or how about the Ravens analogy?

There was a stretch in the mid 2000s when Ray Lewis started to look really bad. Offensive linemen were blocking him with ease, he wasn't making plays in the backfield, and the team defense was mediocre.

Then they drafted Haloti Ngata, and what do you know? Ray Lewis looks awesome again. The defense improves.

I think the Baltimore defense being great the past handful of years has more to do with the linemen - i.e. Ngata, Pryce, Redding and Suggs (pass rushing 3-4 OLB that plays in a lot of 4-3 DE looks) than with the interior linebackers.
I remember when Ray Lewis publicly pleaded for the Ravens to draft Ngata or any form of D-line help before that draft.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barkevious Mingo. <3 I friggin love this guy!

Others I am very high on are Sean Porter, Brandon Jenkins, Jarvis Jones, Kevin Minter and Nico Johnson.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Check out Jordan Campbell. Former USC Trojan, but was forced to transfer due to sanctions. Killer work ethic. Went to USC to play RB, but he converted to LB.

http://www.youtube.com/user/COSXCEO/videos