Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-07-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how this just became a Jake Locker vs Cam Newton thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
See this is what bothers me. Why cant we just say Cam Newton has had a great year and Jake Locker hasnt played per Tennesse's strategy. Why does a positive have to be offset by a negative?
Don't blame me. I mentioned it amongst many other names, but people chose to pick that one out. Guess it's a sensitive subject....
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Don't blame me. I mentioned it amongst many other names, but people chose to pick that one out. Guess it's a sensitive subject....
No, it's because you used Locker v. Newton as an example in a post about ceiling vs. floor, which makes no sense at all.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be fair, I was only putting Tannehill at #4 on my chart and I really have no idea how he will respond to the combine testing. There are no guarantees any of them will reach their ceilings just that Tannehill has a longer route to follow which is why he is #4. He could just as easily end up at #2 behind Luck if he blows the combine up.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You have a really interesting way of making 1 + 1 = 2. What you said was neither here or there, but I'll make it simple. When Jake Locker fails, I'll remember to call you out on it every chance I get like you do with me and Reggie Bush. k? hahaha.
Actually with Reggie playing in a new offensive system with Miami, he has a legit shot to reach 1000 yard season.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
No, it's because you used Locker v. Newton as an example in a post about ceiling vs. floor, which makes no sense at all.
Newton was more NFL ready than Locker. I'm sorry that doesn't make sense for you.

BTW, I know you created that fake keak account, so who were you before? A previously banned member?
Old 12-07-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Actually with Reggie playing in a new offensive system with Miami, he has a legit shot to reach 1000 yard season.
http://www.pro-football-reference.co.../gamelog/2010/
Old 12-07-2011, 06:26 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
can you be a little less vague in what you're trying to say?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
can you be a little less vague in what you're trying to say?
1000 yards is a nice target, but just because you get 1000 yards, doesn't mean you are worth anything near a top 2 pick. Reggie Bush will never be anything other than a bust. People viewed him as a more dynamic Marshall Faulk.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
1000 yards is a nice target, but just because you get 1000 yards, doesn't mean you are worth anything near a top 2 pick. Reggie Bush will never be anything other than a bust. People viewed him as a more dynamic Marshall Faulk.
i guess what iamcanadian said could loosely be tied to that but he didnt really say that.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barkley's my clear #2 and very close to Luck on my personal board. Barkley's intangibles are off the charts. He understand passing concepts extremely well, is a great team leader, gifted intellectually. This is a guy who started from day one in his college career, unheard of at USC. 2 games later he leads a game winning drive on the road at Ohio State. He deserves a lot of respect and praise in guiding his program the past two years while his team was sanctioned and going through regime change.

If he declares he's an ideal fit in many NFL systems and teams like KC, MIA, WAS, CLE, JAX, and SEA should be looking to move up into the top 3 to secure him. It's a damn shame he was snubbed as a Heisman finalist...
Old 12-07-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Newton was more NFL ready than Locker. I'm sorry that doesn't make sense for you.

BTW, I know you created that fake keak account, so who were you before? A previously banned member?
It makes sense, but if you're going off pre-draft analysis of both it's splitting hairs. Yes, most people underrated how NFL-ready Newton was. But we're still talking about two incredibly raw prospects who were seen as all-ceiling/no-floor by pretty much everyone. There was a group of high-ceiling guys in Newton, Locker, Gabbert, and Kap and a group of high floor guys in Ponder, Dalton, and Mallet.

I mean, I guess if you want to compare the floor of Newton vs. Locker, go ahead. It's a bit of a non-sequitor and comes off as hypocritical since the entire premise of your post was people drumming up Tannehill vs. Barkley as a future "I told you so"...and then lead into an "I told you so" that's not even really comparable to the discussion at hand.

And I am Keak's spiritual successor.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't remember Keak knowing what non-sequitor meant.

You need to mention "MJD's thick thighs" or De La Salle every third post.

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 12-07-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
It makes sense, but if you're going off pre-draft analysis of both it's splitting hairs. Yes, most people underrated how NFL-ready Newton was. But we're still talking about two incredibly raw prospects who were seen as all-ceiling/no-floor by pretty much everyone. There was a group of high-ceiling guys in Newton, Locker, Gabbert, and Kap and a group of high floor guys in Ponder, Dalton, and Mallet.

I mean, I guess if you want to compare the floor of Newton vs. Locker, go ahead. It's a bit of a non-sequitor and comes off as hypocritical since the entire premise of your post was people drumming up Tannehill vs. Barkley as a future "I told you so"...and then lead into an "I told you so" that's not even really comparable to the discussion at hand.

And I am Keak's spiritual successor.
That's cool Eric.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Quote:
That's cool Eric.
Amazing detective work, Officer D. Did you have to go through peoples' PMs and rep comments, or did a simple IP scan work?
Old 12-07-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
i guess what iamcanadian said could loosely be tied to that but he didnt really say that.
I wouldn't rate Bush a bust, his best years may still be ahead of him. New Orleans used him in a way that opened up passing lanes for their other receivers, Miami is choosing to have him carry the ball a lot more. Now that they have a partially functional QB, we will get to see what Bush can accomplish as a runner. If he can put 1000 yard seasons back to back, he'll open a lot of eyes from those who labeled him a flop. Faulk didn't really bloom till he was traded to St. Louis, maybe that's all Bush needed.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Amazing detective work, Officer D. Did you have to go through peoples' PMs and rep comments, or did a simple IP scan work?
Look, I know your exodus didn't work, but I'm glad you guys are making it back.

That said... I don't dislike Tannehill. I just like Barkley better. In fact, Tannehill might go in a draft spot close to where the Cowboys will be drafting and I would welcome a developmental project like him.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:49 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Quote:
Look, I know your exodus didn't work, but I'm glad you guys are making it back.

That said... I don't dislike Tannehill. I just like Barkley better. In fact, Tannehill might go in a draft spot close to where the Cowboys will be drafting and I would welcome a developmental project like him.
It's the internet, the magical land where everyone takes themselves way too seriously (myself included).

I don't dislike Barkley, either. If I was picking in the top ten, I'd select him before Tannehill. That being said, I greatly favor Tannehill's skillset to almost every QB prospect in this class. I said earlier in the year that I think he's the prospect Locker should have been.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:47 AM    (permalink
deepthoughtlife
Rookie

deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a big fan of USC, I always have to be careful rating prospects from there; it would be easy to gloss over their flaws if I wasn't careful. That said, there is very little wrong with Barkley's game. His footwork is excellent. He has a nice, tight throwing motion. He hits his target almost every time, though a bit less so on the deep balls. He is careful with the ball, but still makes the big plays. He sees just about every eligible receiver. There is almost never a reason to scratch your head, and wonder why he did something.

He does have two amazing talents at receiver in Robert Woods and Marquise Lee, but they are just a Sophmore, and a Freshman, which showed in their play at times. Many times, Barkley would throw them a perfect pass, and they would drop it. Neither is amazingly fast, nor amazingly strong. They would consistently beat their guys, but rarely were they wide open.

Sometimes, a QB will come out of a big time school having seen almost no pressure, but that isn't the case with Barkley. The offensive line did not do a good job protecting Barkley most of the time, and he had to get the ball out in short order.

In his mock, Scott Wright claims Barkley isn't elite, but I completely disagree. Barkley is a better prospect than any QB in the last several drafts. He is just unlucky enough to have Luck in the same draft.

There are legitimate reasons an individual could decide they would take Barkley before Luck. Luck's footwork is not that good, though it isn't horrible. Luck hasn't quite lit the world on fire like you might expect. Barkley has often been more spectacular. He has done more with less, and a year less in the program, than Luck has. At this point, I'm probably 60-40 on taking Luck before Barkley, but it isn't crazy to go the other way. Luck is a legitimate first overall prospect, but so is Barkley. My opinion of Barkley actually went up after scouting him, as opposed to just watching.

Barkley is by far the best QB USC has had since I started watching them (admittedly, that only goes back to the Leinart days). The size of that gap is as large as the difference between a Peyton Manning, and a Jon Kitna (who, don't forget, could put up big numbers, but is a long time journeyman for a reason.) He is what made USC great this season. Obviously, I don't want Barkley to go pro, since he won't end up on one of my teams (that would require an epic fall)(go niners!), but he should. There is nothing left for Barkley to prove at the college level.
deepthoughtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bump

Interesting to see the general opinion on Barkley last year as opposed to this year.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:07 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

I don't know that the pro scouts opinion of Matt has changed all that much over the year. If his shoulder tests out O.K. he'll be at the same spot on their lists. I think they base their opinion on about five years worth of research on each player, going right back to their high school days. It's only on media boards and mocks that players rise and fall dramatically.
raphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
cajuncorey
Rookie

cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

barkley is the american dream, and will fail as such.
cajuncorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not convinced that Barkley was ever as highly regarded by pro scouts as he was by the national media and fans.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Bump

Interesting to see the general opinion on Barkley last year as opposed to this year.
Honestly, Barkley has regressed. I usually am a firm believer that players that aren't ready should return to college so I thought it was a good move for Barkley, but it seems he didn't learn anything from it.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm also not sold on Barkley does it have to do with not trusting USC prospects? Slightly but I'm unsure on his skill set namely arm strength for starters..

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote