Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well lights out.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

This is Case In Point as to why we can't immediately claim that guys like Aldon Smith and Jason Pierre Paul are elite DEs just yet. Just because you have a great year or two in your first few years in the league (one great year with JPP and one year and a half for Aldon Smith) does NOT mean that you will go on to be a great player for your entire career.

After the first three years of their career after being drafted in the 2005 draft, Shawne Merriman looked like a Hall of Famer while DeMarcus Ware looked merely like a good player. Eight years later, Ware is a lock for the Hall of Fame and Merriman hasn't done anything since 2007.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
JHasley10
Rookie

JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
If I remember right he played for months on a torn ACL instead of going on IR. It was a really stupid move. I don't know if he thought he was invincible or what. But he was not just a roid product. Roids do not turn scrubs into elite players. They enhance what is already there.
He played 1 game so he could be guaranteed the contract for the year.

He became to hollywood after all the success. The CHEAPSHOT titans ruined his career
JHasley10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Supposedly, he had 1 good year without steroids. He got hurt and that was basically his career.
More like 2 years. People forget that it was before the 2006 season when he tested positive. He then tore it up in 2006 before he got suspended and afterwards until the Titans cheapshotted him and ended his career. It didn't help that he tried to forgo surgery.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll never forget Jones Drew almost ending his life on a blitz pickup.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHasley10 View Post
The CHEAPSHOT titans ruined his career

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=vj6XuXMvYa8

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-06-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really hold the roids against him honestly. Half the league is juicing.

I'll bet my house that Mario Williams is a juicer. Balding, girly voice, brittle. He's an obvious juicer.

There's tons of juicers in the NFL. Merriman just got caught.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:30 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

I'll bet my house that Mario Williams is a juicer. Balding, girly voice, brittle. He's an obvious juicer.

Hey man, do you have to attack the 1 marquee FA signing that Buffalo has had in over a decade.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-06-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Hey man, do you have to attack the 1 marquee FA signing that Buffalo has had in over a decade.
For Buffalo's sake, he better step up next year.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

How quickly you forget Tyler ThigpenzZzZz
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll never forget Jones Drew almost ending his life on a blitz pickup.
Merriman was so humiliated about what happened that he basically took out his anger on Willis Mcgahee the following week.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure he retired a few years ago. Sure did fool me.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:37 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I ever get a sack in pickup football I'll do the lights out dance in his honor.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
If I ever get a sack in pickup football I'll do the lights out dance in his honor.
I prefer the Barry Cofield "I tase myself" dance if we are talking about electric dances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZdVuckaxXs

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-08-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Exhibit A of why you shouldn't juice. It's not sustainable over a long period of time.
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
Exhibit A of why you shouldn't juice. It's not sustainable over a long period of time.
Unless he never would have made it without the juice. He made himself a ton of money because of the juice. Its better to flame out quickly than never matter at all.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:40 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

True, but I happen to think Merriman has been taking illegal PEDs since before he entered UMD.

If the NFL was truly opposed to PEDs in the game, they'd have random blood testing year round for every single player.
But the owners are too greedy to ever do that because the testing protocol for almost 1800 athletes is 'too expensive'.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:28 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
This is Case In Point as to why we can't immediately claim that guys like Aldon Smith and Jason Pierre Paul are elite DEs just yet. Just because you have a great year or two in your first few years in the league (one great year with JPP and one year and a half for Aldon Smith) does NOT mean that you will go on to be a great player for your entire career.

After the first three years of their career after being drafted in the 2005 draft, Shawne Merriman looked like a Hall of Famer while DeMarcus Ware looked merely like a good player. Eight years later, Ware is a lock for the Hall of Fame and Merriman hasn't done anything since 2007.
Any players career can be derailed by injuries. That goes for Demarcus Ware as well.

Last edited by SunTzu_22 : 03-09-2013 at 08:35 AM.
SunTzu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So basically from that trade, Rivers and Kaeding are the only guys left? Everyone else is gone or retired?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
So basically from that trade, Rivers and Kaeding are the only guys left? Everyone else is gone or retired?
Kaeding is very close to being out of the league.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
Kaeding is very close to being out of the league.
Is he still with the Chargers? So basically only guy left is just Rivers? Wow years later, that deal really changed in terms of getting return on ones investment.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Is he still with the Chargers? So basically only guy left is just Rivers? Wow years later, that deal really changed in terms of getting return on ones investment.
Nope, he got cut by the Chargers late october. Got picked up by the Dolphins late december and made 1 of 3 FG attempts for Miami. And yeah, time sure does change a lot.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
Nope, he got cut by the Chargers late october. Got picked up by the Dolphins late december and made 1 of 3 FG attempts for Miami. And yeah, time sure does change a lot.
So basically Rivers is the only guy left. Except for individual accolades like pro bowls and all pros, they really didn't get a great return on their investments. One can make the case that AJ Smith after that drove that franchise down. I am sure being difficult to work with is another aspect which made things worse.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm just amazed at how far Rivers has fallen. He was never as good as his #s indicated, but he's not as bad as his current #s indicate as well.

But this is a make or break year for him. If he puts together 3 terrible years in a row, you have to question his ability. I'm giving him 1 more year to turn it around.

I'm a Rivers fan, I think he's a very good qb. So I have faith he'll become good again, but I can't figure him out right now. His fall from grace is a little puzzling.