Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 things I don't understand and maybe somebody can answer:

1) Why are the Broncos threatening Dumervil to take a pay cut or they cut him when they can just do the same restructure every other team has done this off-season? I don't see why that wouldn't make more sense, it's not like he didn't play well last year, and he has no reason to take a pay cut because he would get the same thing on the market.

2) Why is it that when a player is tagged you always hear "they have until July 15th to hammer out a contract extension"? What does that even mean? Because last I checked, can't you re-sign a player mid-season, or at the end of the franchise tag season? We are still in the same situation with Anthony Spencer right now and have a chance to re-sign him, so I never understood why they mention that date like if you don't do it by mid July then you will never be able to resign them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
2 things I don't understand and maybe somebody can answer:

1) Why are the Broncos threatening Dumervil to take a pay cut or they cut him when they can just do the same restructure every other team has done this off-season? I don't see why that wouldn't make more sense, it's not like he didn't play well last year, and he has no reason to take a pay cut because he would get the same thing on the market.

2) Why is it that when a player is tagged you always hear "they have until July 15th to hammer out a contract extension"? What does that even mean? Because last I checked, can't you re-sign a player mid-season, or at the end of the franchise tag season? We are still in the same situation with Anthony Spencer right now and have a chance to re-sign him, so I never understood why they mention that date like if you don't do it by mid July then you will never be able to resign them.
You can't resign a tagged player from july 15th to after the superbowl i believe.
Justone2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, this didn't last long... Per PFT: Chiefs are releasing RT Eric Winston, per league source.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Well, this didn't last long... Per PFT: Chiefs are releasing RT Eric Winston, per league source.
He must have failed a physical...badly. If he's cut, they only save 700k of his 7M cap hit. He has 6.3M in dead money.

He was pretty damned good last season, too. Can't be anything normal. Maybe he mouthed off?

Last edited by Monomach : 03-06-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Joeckel! Joeckel Its a move for Joeckel! lol.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
He must have failed a physical...badly. If he's cut, they only save 700k of his 7M cap hit. He has 6.3M in dead money.

He was pretty damned good last season, too. Can't be anything normal.

I half suspect that this is a stupidly wrong report.
It saves them $5.5 million in cash, $3.5 in cap space
http://t.co/4J3tWBC2hJ

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does cutting Winston open the door even a little bit for an OT at #1 for the Chiefs?
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, now I'm pissed we blew all our available money damnit. This has got to be down to Joeckel and Fisher at this point and no one else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It saves them $5.5 million in cash, $3.5 in cap space
http://t.co/4J3tWBC2hJ
It only saves 700k in cap space. He had a 7M cap number and has 6.3M in dead money that now hits them this season. The cash savings is 4.9M.

Chiefs fans can now justly accuse their owner of being a cheap **** who isn't willing to spend a little to put the best possible team on the field. This move freed up no cap and opens a hole in the depth chart; they just cut one of the best RTs in the league to put a little money right into Clark Hunt's pocket. This is disgraceful.

Winston's performance was well worth what he was getting paid.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am disgusted with John Dorsey right now.This move makes absolutely ZERO sense.I will barf if we WASTE out #1 overall pick on either Fisher or Joeckel both would be just wastes
Old 03-06-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really have no idea why they would do that. That just shocks me. That's more shocking than trading for Alex Smith. What the ****?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I really have no idea why they would do that. That just shocks me. That's more shocking than trading for Alex Smith. What the ****?
Just throwing away a good player. I'm disgusted.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* hell. This makes absolutely ZERO SENSE. He was our best offensive lineman last year and his contract wasn't bad at all. What the **** is this franchise doing to me?

Old 03-06-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
******* hell. This makes absolutely ZERO SENSE. He was our best offensive lineman last year and his contract wasn't bad at all. What the **** is this franchise doing to me?
Seriously, bro. The Bears are right here waiting for your support. We may acquire a bunch of crappy players, but at least we don't go cutting the good ones.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

His contract was manageable and he was a GOOD player. There is no ******* way to justify this move. No way at all. Christ, **** this ******* god forsaken franchise right up their collective asses.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

My brain hurts from trying to make sense of this. This is how you build a bad football team. He better have cancer or something. If he plays next season, this is probably the worst cut I have ever seen in three decades of watching football.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

now all the Luke Joeckel to KC idiots will come back out of the woodwork.Just sickening
Old 03-06-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Admittedly, he wasn't good against the pass. At all. And passing is a big deal to Reid, but he was on a 4 year/$22m contract. That is PEANUTS compared to what some other guys are making, and he was GOOD.

Christ. What the ****.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winston has now been cut two off-seasons in a row after putting solid play. Something must be off about this guy, don't get it.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

9th-best RT in the league hits the streets for no reason. Why didn't they just let Albert walk and have a ton more cap room? One more option on the market makes it cheaper for my team to get one, so that's nice...but my sensibilities are offended.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-right-tackle/

Albert's ALREADY said he's not having any of that right tackle ****. That was quick, lol.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Albert is the only LT that I've seen that has to constantly defend himself from position changes, haha. Poor guy.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs. wat r u doin. Chiefs. Stahp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Seriously, **** this. I'm a Packers fan now. At least WE (we as in the Packers) have a STUD RT! GO BULAGA!

Old 03-06-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Seriously, **** this. I'm a Packers fan now. At least WE (we as in the Packers) have a STUD RT! GO BULAGA!
Now I have to dislike you. Have fun with your new BFF J-Mike.

Last edited by Monomach : 03-06-2013 at 08:32 PM.