Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Richard Sherman

Going after Skip Bayless personally...."In my 24 years of life, I'm better at life than you."

http://thefakeespn.lockerdome.com/articles/106637557

Last edited by America : 03-07-2013 at 09:05 PM.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man - he had an agenda and that was to tear up Skip.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Daaamn. He went balls deep into Skip, That was beautiful. Richard Sherman is now my favorite non-Colt

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the guy, but he came off ignorant and stupid to me. Skip was right. Sherman said he was letting the numbers speak for themselves, but he wasn't. He was ranting on first take, twitter and anywhere else that he could get his name and face out there. Guy doesn't have a chip on his shoulder, it's a friggin' boulder.

It doesn't seem like he'll ever get over being passed over so many times in the draft. But At some point he needs to chill out and get over it. He made it, he's the top corner in the NFL (IMO). Move on.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Telling Skip he has accomplished more in his career in 2 years than Skip has in whole career was a little much.

I know Skip is all for rating/devil advocate now on ESPN 2- but he has a ton of credentials with the media since covering SMU back in the 80's.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sherman will have people gobbling his jock because he's a good NFL player, but he's making an ass of himself and proving that Skip Bayless is good at getting a rise out of people.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richard Sherman is a total knob.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perfect example of two guys who deserve each other.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always loved the way Sherman plays, just thought he talked a little much. However, I LOVED this. Skip is dumb ****, and Sherman said what just about every NFL player outside of Tim Tebow would love to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Smith's reaction.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it pretty hard to like this guy. He talks about how intelligent he is but only a total moron actually takes Skip seriously. Literally falls victim to a troll and then talks about how he is much more accomplished than said troll. Great move
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Maybe Sherman likes playing the bad guy. What if it's all an act. Like a heel on pro wrestling. If so, he's a genius.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richard Sherman is a massive jackass.

But he's Seattle's massive jackass, so I can see why they like him.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This First Take dialogue looks like Trollception. Trolls trolling trolls. It's trolls all the way down.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sherman is the best heel in sports. Also, awesome on the whole.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not a heel god damnit. That is a wrestling term. In football he's just a jackass.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Maybe Vince should give him a call.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear Mr. Sherman

Youre right in many ways about Skip Bayless, and yes Skip Bayless is a joke. I often wonder if Skip can seriously mean the things he says or if hes just playing a character that he knows will get ratings by pissing people off. He was right in that Skip Bayless' opinion is irrelevant, because he is a joke and he doesn't really know **** about football and nobody who is actually intelligent about football or who works in football would ever take what Skip has to say as anything but entertainment.

You are a great young player, one of the leagues top rising stars, a graduate from Stanford so you are obviously very smart, but you need to just cool out. I love that you wasnt afraid to light into Skip Bayless, but cmon dont let him look more intelligent than you. you are right that he is a hack, but dammit you fell for his ****!!! Whatever he said about you, you should have laughed it off, and not let him get to you. When you said you were going to let your play do the talking and the film be your resume, you should have left it at that. You didnt have to point out that your an all-pro and have 12 picks, 4 FF in 2 years a thousand times. If his opinion is irrelevant, you dont need to try to argue with him about how good you are, all you need to say is Im an all-pro and my play speaks for itself. When he asks you about the Revis comments, all you need to do is say that you are a competitor and you are confident in your abilities and believe youre the best.

But a few things you should realize

-Nobody was calling Revis the best CB in the league after 2 years either. He had to work on his craft for years and shut down the best receivers in the league with consistency and help his team make deep runs in the playoffs to earn his nickname and his reputation as best in the league. You are quite honestly having a better start to your career than he did, but if you can't humble yourself and work on getting better, youll never evolve into the player he has become. Ask any QB in this league what CB you are most afraid to throw at, and Id be shocked if less than 90% of them said anyone other than Revis.

-Stop saying things like "get your picks up", youre better than that. If that was the thinking, DeAngelo Hall and Dre Bly would be considered two of the best corners of the recent era. Everyone knows a lot of the best corners dont get opportunities for picks, and some of the worst corners get lots of picks because they get thrown at so much. As it turns out, that isn't you. You dont let QBs pick on you, you break up a lot of passes, youre physical at the line of scrimmage, and your an opportunistic playmaker. And go ahead and say that if you want, but plz dont just say how many picks you have like that makes you right. But dont count on continuing to get this many picks as your reputation grows and QBs start watching more film on you and gamplanning against you. Thats why you will need to evolve your game if you want to be an elite player in the long run. You will learn that it is not just the number of balls that are thrown your way, it is the KIND of balls that are thrown your way, and that it is very difficult to consistently get large amounts of interceptions.

-Why are you going after Revis anyways? You have been in the league 2 years, I dont care how good you are, nobody is going to be willing to call you the best there is. Put Revis to to the side for a sec, Charles Tillman forced 10 fumbles and also had 85 tackles, 3 INT and 3 TD this year, a strong case can be made that he was the best corner in the NFL thi year. Back to Revis, you can never be as good as he is until you put together a body of work that can at least compare to his. No matter what happens from here, Revis will go down in history as one of the best shutdown corners the NFL has ever seen. What will be said about Richard Sherman? Maybe an all-time great, maybe just some guy who had a couple great years early and faded away. Revis is not some old guy who is past his prime, so its not some hes just living off his rep scenario (which is probably the case w/ someone like Champ Bailey, who many still falsely consider to be better than you), hes still in his prime. So really the only leg you have to stand on when trying to say youre better than Revis is that he was hurt last year and who knows how strong he will come back. And to go after him like that is completely classless. You may have a point there, but he could also come back stronger than ever like AP, and you should be rooting for him to do so, not rooting for him to come back weak so you can call yourself the best corner in the league.

-And just stop going after great players. Saying things like Roddy White is a "system" player, and the Pats run a "gimmick" offense just makes you sound dumb and is disrespectful to the league as a whole. If thats all it was, the rest of the league would have figured it out by now, you are not that far ahead of the curve. Be proud of your hard-fought victory over the Pats and be proud you picked one of the best QBs ever off in crunch time, and if Brady told you to see him after the game yea go ahead and give him some healthy trash talk, but no need to disrespect the guy and invalidate his success.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
He's not a heel god damnit. That is a wrestling term. In football he's just a jackass.
You are a heel when you get under people's skin by not actually doing anything all that wrong.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

It's funny how people say that Skip doesn't matter, yet he's always being talked about by pro athletes, on message boards, etc.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Telling Skip he has accomplished more in his career in 2 years than Skip has in whole career was a little much.

I know Skip is all for rating/devil advocate now on ESPN 2- but he has a ton of credentials with the media since covering SMU back in the 80's.
Not really. He was a shock writer, and now he's a shock TV personality. He went from outing Troy Aikman in his book to competing with Glenn Dickey, Ray Ratto, and Lowell Cohn for King Bay Area troll.

That said, Sherman came off like an idiot. "You're cretin." There are arrogant players like Sherman all over the NFL. Yet people think Terrell Owens is arrogant.
JordanTaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn Sherman, no need to rip Skip. Thats Terrell Suggs job, and he does it better than anyone :-)

Lolīd hard at the "Im better than YOU" line.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sherman and Bayless are both just trolls.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im a Sherman fan but I can't help but think he's going to have a let down year this coming season. Seems like it's all getting to his head.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote