Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-07-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
If Matt Scott is there in the 4th round we HAVE to draft him. Maybe in the 3rd. Arm strength, ability, great pro day, seems to stack up well with some of the other QB's in this draft but he's not ready to play now. I really think starting this year, and the next 3 or so years we need to start looking for guys in the mid rounds we can develop even if it didn't work out previously.

We don't want to be in a situation where we go from Romo to having no choice but to spend our 1st on a QB because we just have no choice. This way we can wait for a mid round guy we are high on and have an emergency option to look at before blowing a 1st. He's got everything you want in a developmental QB.

Still a Dysert guy, but the value may not be there with him like Scott.
Agree. Scott is raw but has great developmental tools. Would love him in the 4th.
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Matt Scott is there in the 4th round we HAVE to draft him. Maybe in the 3rd. Arm strength, ability, great pro day, seems to stack up well with some of the other QB's in this draft but he's not ready to play now. I really think starting this year, and the next 3 or so years we need to start looking for guys in the mid rounds we can develop even if it didn't work out previously.

We don't want to be in a situation where we go from Romo to having no choice but to spend our 1st on a QB because we just have no choice. This way we can wait for a mid round guy we are high on and have an emergency option to look at before blowing a 1st. He's got everything you want in a developmental QB.

Still a Dysert guy, but the value may not be there with him like Scott.
I agree and this also adds to the point that we need get a cohesive unit on the offensive line. One day we aren't going to have Romo to dodge bullets in the backfield and you don't want to put a young QB in a position where their eyes are watching the pass rush instead of his WR's.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is good speed, we need a guy with some range back there, and depending on how late we wait on taking a Safety we may have to look at him because Vaccaro and Elam are going to be gone by our second rounder.

What are your thoughts on Reid? I know his film dropped off big time this year, but I just can't get over the fact that he strikes me as a guy who will just be a football player. His instincts, pedigree, awareness, whenever I watched him I always saw a good football player not a physical freak like Landry. Maybe the players around him his junior year made it easier for him to stand out and make plays, but I certainly think he's much better then where he will be drafted which is 3rd round at best IMO.

Very underrated and he's going to be a good value pick. Watch him go to New England, start, and end up a stud.
I'd have to go back to 2011 because I've only watched 2012 tape on him.

But based on what he did this last year, he struck me as a guy would is purely a SS type. I don't view him as interchangeable like I do w Vacarro/Elam/Cyprien

Oddly enough, I believe he was listed as a FS while the top 3 guys were listed as SS.

Reid looks stiff to me, without great COD. I also don't think he has the range to play cover-1. I also question his ability to cover TE's in the slot. Takes poor angles pretty frequently too, it's like he has terrible anticipation of ball carriers speed -- often ends up a step or 2 behind where the ball carrier was and tackles from behind instead of meeting them at the point.

Vacarro & Elam have plenty of good tape in the slot, Cyprien doesn't have much tape their but I believe he has the athleticism/ability to do it if you wanted to.

Basically Reid is a guy I like in run support but not so much in coverage. I honestly would probably rather take a chance on Rambo. Rambo is reckless and has his head up his ass sometimes but he's got the skill set to be interchangeable. I just question his desire to be great & stay focused.

Last edited by DrewyVuitton : 03-07-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
I'd have to go back to 2011 because I've only watched 2012 tape on him.

But based on what he did this last year, he struck me as a guy would is purely a SS type. I don't view him as interchangeable like I do w Vacarro/Elam/Cyprien

Basically Reid is a guy I like in run support but not so much in coverage. I honestly would probably rather take a chance on Rambo. Rambo is reckless and has his head up his ass sometimes but he's got the skill set to be interchangeable. I just question his desire to be great & stay focused.
what?!! unless its a defenseless reciever coming across the middle reid ain't tryin to tackle anybody
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
what?!! unless its a defenseless reciever coming across the middle reid ain't tryin to tackle anybody
He did have some boneheaded plays where he was penalized for this in the games I watched. On one, the player drops the ball, already has 2 other DB's covering him with Reid coming over the top, Reid takes 3-4 steps after the drop and lays the guy out -- 15 yard personal foul. Drive extended.

The one positive I can give him is his support in the box. As I said, he takes poor angles but at least he plays w high effort and isn't afraid to stick his face in the mix.

He is a pretty good tackler from a technique standpoint. Wraps up well. Seldom see him hit as opposed to tackle.

Solid, not spectacular.

What I can't understand is why most ppl consider him a FS. His field speed and COD isn't anywhere close to where it should be for a "coverage" guy. He just doesn't have the range.

One dimensional player in a Safety class that has quite a few interchangeable guys. Vacarro/Elam/Cyprien/Rambo/Swearinger/Williams off the top of my head are all guys that have the skill set to play both.

Although the more I watch Swearinger, the less I like him. Flash player. Very inconsistent. Doesn't play to the whistle. Consistently lets teammates finish plays. Talks way too much. Love him for a qtr, hate him for a qtr. probably the most inconsistent of the bunch.

Last edited by DrewyVuitton : 03-08-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't watched a ton on Reid, but I do know that Broaddus doesn't even have him in his top 5, I think. And that says something because Broaddus is an LSU guy.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just another name to throw in the hat as a FS option is Johnthan Banks had a solid 1st round grade this time last season. He chose to return back to school and while he was good this year he wasn't GREAT under the spotlight leading to a drop in his stock. Some Scouts question whether or not he has the deep speed to stay with the elite athetes at WR.

His momentum took another hit when he ran a sub par 40 in the 4.6 range at the combine. (he improved to the 4.52/4.55 range at his proday) While other first round bubble corners improved their stock. (Trufant with his senior bowl showing and 4.38 forty at the combine, Rhodes posted a better the expected 40 at 4.43/has elite size for the position and David Amerson ran a 4.44 40 at the combine.

Banks actually started his career at FS and has balls skills on par with Amerson, Mathieu, and Rambo. Although he has a thin frame he is scrappy and has experience playing in the box and attacking the ball carrier. He can easily add another 10-15 lbs of muscle to his 6'2 frame and adjust to a role as the deep safety in the cover 2.

Now I'm not sure that he will slide all the way to us in the second round but could certainly land in striking distance for us to make a move if he is someone we like.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Just another name to throw in the hat as a FS option is Johnthan Banks had a solid 1st round grade this time last season. He chose to return back to school and while he was good this year he wasn't GREAT under the spotlight leading to a drop in his stock. Some Scouts question whether or not he has the deep speed to stay with the elite athetes at WR.

His momentum took another hit when he ran a sub par 40 in the 4.6 range at the combine. (he improved to the 4.52/4.55 range at his proday) While other first round bubble corners improved their stock. (Trufant with his senior bowl showing and 4.38 forty at the combine, Rhodes posted a better the expected 40 at 4.43/has elite size for the position and David Amerson ran a 4.44 40 at the combine.

Banks actually started his career at FS and has balls skills on par with Amerson, Mathieu, and Rambo. Although he has a thin frame he is scrappy and has experience playing in the box and attacking the ball carrier. He can easily add another 10-15 lbs of muscle to his 6'2 frame and adjust to a role as the deep safety in the cover 2.

Now I'm not sure that he will slide all the way to us in the second round but could certainly land in striking distance for us to make a move if he is someone we like.
man i was debating between banks and amerson for my next offseason mock, im pretty sure just like amerson he was a safety in high school but they moved him to corner in college
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Read this today

Quote:
the buzz around the Illinois Pro Day was that guard Hugh Thornton was going to be one of this springs big risers, similar to Kevin Zeitler, and could work his way into the high second round. There were three offensive line coaches there to meet with Thornton and put him through the paces and he did not disappoint. Not only did he display excellent flexibility and very good all-around movement skills in the workout, but he competed with the intensity, aggressiveness and edge that line coaches’ love. A naturally powerful man, Thornton showed explosiveness in his movement and impressed with his ability to maintain base while moving around so easily during the workout. Thornton looked so athletic Thursday that sources at the workout told us they would not be surprised if he were tried as a right tackle before being tried at guard in the NFL (He played left tackle primarily in 2012 and as a freshman).
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ersion-20.html

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Glenn Foster, DL (6-foot-3 5/8, 286 pounds) — Foster ran the 40-yard dash in 4.82 and 4.79 seconds, had a 4.45-second short shuttle and a 7.15-second three-cone drill. He recorded a 39 1/2-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-9 broad jump. He also had 29 lifts of 225 pounds on the bench press. Foster was not invited to the NFL Scouting Combine. Foster had a fantastic workout, and he would have been the top performer in his position group at the combine in the vertical jump and broad jump. Foster will have a lot of scouts scrambling back to the film room to see why he didn’t have a better draft grade and wasn’t invited to the combine.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/03/07/glen...Twitter_brandt

Another interesting prospect from Illinois, lower body explosion is off the chart. Looks like he could be a very good option as a developmental 3 tech option in the mid rounds. Started career as a 250 lb DE and bulked up to play inside next to Spence.

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 03-08-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was bored last night, so I looked at YouTube videos of Warmack and Cooper. I like Cooper a lot better based on those. I love quick linemen a lot, and although Warmack has some good quickness Cooper has incredibly good agility and burst getting to the LB level. I'd love to see him and Tyron on the same side causing a lot of problems for defenses. I saw some of Warford against Floyd too, and I like him as well. The bottom line is that I am hoping like hell that the OL is addressed this offseason.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Calvin Watkins reporting the team has interest is Chance Warmack but Cooper is higher on board because of positional versatility. Team doesn't think either is going to be available at #18.

Broaddus reporting team might be incorporating more of a zone scheme this season.

Both reports lean toward Cooper being the top guard on our board come draft time.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Calvin Watkins reporting the team has interest is Chance Warmack but Cooper is higher on board because of positional versatility. Team doesn't think either is going to be available at #18.

Broaddus reporting team might be incorporating more of a zone scheme this season.

Both reports lean toward Cooper being the top guard on our board come draft time.
I think if you're just looking for a road grader, than Warmack is your man. If you're looking for a guy that's steady in the run and good against the pass rush, Cooper is your guy.

I'm elated if we get either.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad they at least are looking at linemen.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I'm glad they at least are looking at linemen.
Just because they are looking doesn't mean they will bite

If they are looking to move to a zone blocking scheme I really like Kyle Long as a guy who can play RT or has the versatility to kick back inside to guard.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the word on Tank Carradine? Just watching a little tape on him, kind of intriguing.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:50 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
What's the word on Tank Carradine? Just watching a little tape on him, kind of intriguing.
Rumors are he is healing faster then expected and might be able to work out at his pro day. If that is the case he might slide back into the first round, he is a steal in the second if he falls IMO. At the combine he he checked in at 275 lbs which would be ideal as a base side end behind Spencer while he gets back to full strength.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:11 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Was overrated during the season (calling him top 10) got injured and is underrated based on current projects (2nd round).

The main issue for him will be how many quality DEs there are in this draft class.

Jones, Werner, Ansah, Jordan , Mingo, Jones, Moore, Okafor, Montgomery, Hunt, Carradine, Simon, Goodman, and Taylor.

Bunch of quality names behind even them with Lemonier, Bass, and Washington. Regardless of where you target a pass rusher in this draft you are going to get one at better value than most years.

I already like one of the prospects we are bringing in for an interview: Stansly Maponga. He's got a ton of tools and is VERY good with his hands. Projected as a 7th rounder but I wouldn't be shocked to see him in the middle rounds by the time the draft comes around.

I mean who doesn't want to see Maponga do this again to RGIII?

After watching full games of TCU vs KSU, WVU, Virginia, and KU I'm coming away thinking he has the necessary athleticism to play SDE but lacks the height needed. He has a knack for forcing fumbles though. I believe in every single game he forced at least one.

Issues I see with him though his lack of height is certainly the major one that will knock him off some teams' boards entirely. While he has the necessary quickness to come off the snap like a missile it is inconsistent some plays he's behind the tackle before they can kick-step other times he is the last one moving. He needs technique work in his bend as he gets upright and will get absolutely worked by a strong RT that gets his hand to Maponga's chest.

No question about his power and ability to use his hands. He also had a very sexy spin move he showcased a few times for a sack.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:31 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have they said anything on where Crawford projects in the new defense? If he's gonna play End I think we can hold off on the position early in the draft. Maybe take on swing on one of the high upside guys in the mid-rounds like a William Gholston, but with Spencer back I'd rather use those early picks on OL, DT or S.

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Trogdor again.
Good mention with Moponga. I was high on him coming into the season but IIRC he had a really tough time with injuries. I didn't even know he declared, he had everything to gain by going back for his Senior year. That's an intriguing day 3 option.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 03-09-2013 at 08:38 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Have they said anything on where Crawford projects in the new defense? If he's gonna play End I think we can hold off on the position early in the draft. Maybe take on swing on one of the high upside guys in the mid-rounds like a William Gholston, but with Spencer back I'd rather use those early picks on OL, DT or S.
Nothing in stone but he is going to have to play base end imo, although Jerry commented that he thinks he can play three tech in this scheme. Either way he is still a project and will need to continue to develop. He doesn't have the pass rush repertiore to be the center piece in the middle of the line. I think he would be better on the outside where he can bull rush and use his motor to get around RT's. Getting back to his natural playing weight of 275 that he played in college before should add to his explosion getting around the edge as well.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

I saw an article that said the Cowboys have a heavy interest in Vacarro. Guess I need to come to grips with the idea of him as the teams 1st pick.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I saw an article that said the Cowboys have a heavy interest in Vacarro. Guess I need to come to grips with the idea of him as the teams 1st pick.
I sure hope not. This draft is deep with Safetys. OL or DL only I hope

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year on here we never talked about Mo because we never dreamed he would be an option. Who is that guy this year? Jarvis, Star, Werner? Any chance one of these guys fall to 18? Any one or all of them no brainers if they do?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Last year on here we never talked about Mo because we never dreamed he would be an option. Who is that guy this year? Jarvis, Star, Werner? Any chance one of these guys fall to 18? Any one or all of them no brainers if they do?
I am intruiged by Jarvis, if he falls I would snatch him up in a second. I legitimately think he can play SOLB even in a 4-3 defense. Then on third you have the flexibility to have him rush as a LB, put his hand in the dirt to spell on of the ends or spy in zone coverage.

Star is an ideal 1 tech IMO, especially with the uncertain health of Ratliff. If Ratliff returns to form it would be interesting how they attempt to split time between a first round pick and a vet with a big contract. I'm assuming they could play together with Jay spelling Hatcher at the 3.

Of the three the most likely to fall would be Werner. He is a VERY solid prospect who plays with exceptional power on the strongside and a relentless motor but I think he might get lost behind the athletes. Guys like Mingo, Jordan, Ansah have the higher potential factor due do their extraordinary physical gifts and possibly push him down the board. He fits perfectly behind Who appears to be a one year rental.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I saw that too, I honestly don't think he'll be there anyway. Anything can happen but a bunch of teams needing a Safety pick before us. Though the fact that we need a Safety so bad may push him up our board which I don't like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote