Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 02-23-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd draft him just for the sexy beard.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:30 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am starting to come around on Floyd. I watched his plays vs. Georgia (not great) and FSU (looked very good), and a 2011 game vs. OSU (not the best competition but he looked athletic).

I think 4-3 teams especially have to like what he offers. For a DT his motor seems very high and I love that. He's very good knifing into the backfield. I like his array of moves. He uses his hands well, but will sometimes stop moving his feet and handfight too much. Might be when he's tired. He can stand his ground and shed his blocker to tackle the ball carrier, but sometimes he does penetrate too far past the ball carrier. He can lose ball awareness and take himself out of the play.

I think his best fit will be as a 1 gap 4-3 undertackle where he doesn't have to read and react too much. I think his value to 3-4 teams, especially those that 2 gap significantly, will be lower. He can do it but I don't think it's his biggest strength.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL Films' Greg Cosell believes Florida DT Sharrif Floyd is "without question" the player Kansas City should draft at No. 1 overall. Cosell went so far as to compare Floyd to J.J. Watt. "I think Sharrif Floyd is going to be an All-Pro type player right from Day One," Cosell added. "Iíve spoken to people in the SEC who say heís as good a kid as he is a player, and thatís really important when you draft someone No. 1."
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:32 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
I'd draft him just for the sexy beard.
I second this. It's a thing of beauty
Old 03-08-2013, 01:41 AM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
I'd lock him in to the #2 or #3 pick right now. I think Jax snaps him up with the second pick, as I have indicated in my newest mock.
Jaguars have Tyson Alualu, C.J. Moseley, Terrance Knighton, and D'Anthony Smith at defensive tackle. It is one of the deepest positions on the team, so I really doubt that they would take Floyd. He hasn't done anything special to deserve such a high pick in any case.
raphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:00 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael View Post
Jaguars have Tyson Alualu, C.J. Moseley, Terrance Knighton, and D'Anthony Smith at defensive tackle. It is one of the deepest positions on the team, so I really doubt that they would take Floyd. He hasn't done anything special to deserve such a high pick in any case.

The Jags DTs as a group are nothing special. Floyd upgrades that unit instantly and improves the entire defense. THis is a case where I think a team should go BPA and if that's Floyd, you grab him.

Deep doesn't mean good.

When the Lions drafted Nick Fairley, DT was their deepest and best position.
Now they might have the best DT rotation in the NFL.
There's something to be said for making a team's strength not only good but dominant.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not a fan of drafting players with low college production with elite picks. Floyd has 4 career sacks. If he's so athletic why didn't he produce?

compare him to Nick Fairley, ok but Fairley had 11 sacks his final year including a defensive player of the game performance against Oregon in the BCS champ game.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Last edited by bitonti : 03-08-2013 at 02:32 PM.
bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
The Jags DTs as a group are nothing special. Floyd upgrades that unit instantly and improves the entire defense. THis is a case where I think a team should go BPA and if that's Floyd, you grab him.

Deep doesn't mean good.

When the Lions drafted Nick Fairley, DT was their deepest and best position.
Now they might have the best DT rotation in the NFL.
There's something to be said for making a team's strength not only good but dominant.
Yeah doing that at the expense of their secondary has worked out great for the Lions.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-08-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gus Bradley.

Alualu will play 5-technique. Knighton is a FA. And the other two are better NTs.

There is a gaping hole waiting for Floyd at 3-technique.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Gus Bradley.

Alualu will play 5-technique. Knighton is a FA. And the other two are better NTs.

There is a gaping hole waiting for Floyd at 3-technique.
There are gaping holes all over the Jaguar team. DT isn't a high priority position at the best of times. Maybe later in the draft.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anytime you can get an impact player on the defensive line it's an opportunity you don't pass up on. Look at what the Giants have been doing. Great DLs are the keys to a great defense. If they can get Floyd to play with Alualu, then another big time edge rusher they'll be on the right track.

My point is you can't go wrong drafting a star DT with a high pick, especially if you have a hole at the spot. Floyd at #2 is a better value than anyone else they can get too.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
fatso
Rookie

fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fatso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Anytime you can get an impact player on the defensive line it's an opportunity you don't pass up on. Look at what the Giants have been doing. Great DLs are the keys to a great defense. If they can get Floyd to play with Alualu, then another big time edge rusher they'll be on the right track.

My point is you can't go wrong drafting a star DT with a high pick, especially if you have a hole at the spot. Floyd at #2 is a better value than anyone else they can get too.
Bingo.

Jacksonville hasn't been the same since they lost Marcus Stroud and John Henderson. If anyone understands this point, you think it'd be them.
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

DT is the fourth highest salaried position on average. Bunched together with CB, LB, WR. Behind QB, DE, OL. When you draft #2 overall, you have to take from one of the premier value positions, I think. QB, DE, OT. There is a clear seperation between those positions and the next level which includes DT.

Even if Floyd was exceptional at the position. Which he hasn't been. Even if he didn't have character concerns, which he does. Even if he didn't have a questionable knee, which he does.

Last edited by raphael : 03-08-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Even if he didn't have character concerns, which he does.
This is the first negative thing I've heard about his character, could you elaborate please? I've heard nothing but praise about his character.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No thanks on Short'Arms McGee.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
This is the first negative thing I've heard about his character, could you elaborate please? I've heard nothing but praise about his character.
When you have to bargain a four game suspension down to two, on the basis of personal hardship, there are "character concerns". He might be the nicest guy in the world, but there is obviously some instability there.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
No thanks on Short'Arms McGee.
This is one of the reasons I think he's better off in a 1 gap defense playing the 3 technique.

I like Floyd but I think we also have a little bit of Hot Office Girl syndrome happening in this draft.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-09-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When he gets drafted he should call Geno Atkins up and thank him. He reminded the league what a truly disruptive defensive UT can do.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There are gaping holes all over the Jaguar team. DT isn't a high priority position at the best of times. Maybe later in the draft.
The draft is not the only way they can fill those gaping holes....free agency comes first. And up front in the trenches where games are often won or lost, they have a hole that Floyd would fill well given their defensive scheme.

Quote:
DT is the fourth highest salaried position on average. Bunched together with CB, LB, WR. Behind QB, DE, OL. When you draft #2 overall, you have to take from one of the premier value positions, I think. QB, DE, OT. There is a clear seperation between those positions and the next level which includes DT.

Even if Floyd was exceptional at the position. Which he hasn't been. Even if he didn't have character concerns, which he does. Even if he didn't have a questionable knee, which he does.
Jacksonville does not need to address LT as they have one who is likely going to be extended soon.

Geno Smith would be a reach at #2.

The Jags could go DE here but it will depend on what their board looks like and whether a DE will actually grade out higher than Floyd does and what they do with the free agent market. The Jags defense will be a lot like the Seahawks defense, thus a little unusual and puts a little spin on premier value positions.

There are also plenty of teams who have not selected a premier value position at #2 in the draft....sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. You cannot draft solely on the positional value at #2, you have to account for the big board and how each player grades out overall.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why does Jeremiah continue to insist that Floyd is a great fit for KCs 3-4??
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
T-Bag
Rookie

T-Bag hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The next Ryan Sims
T-Bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I certainly agree in principle, however, there isn't a QB or a DE who has any value that high and Jacksonville has a solid LT, so what choice do they have left??? Floyd, Milliner or perhaps Jones if he passed his physical.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I certainly agree in principle, however, there isn't a QB or a DE who has any value that high and Jacksonville has a solid LT, so what choice do they have left??? Floyd, Milliner or perhaps Jones if he passed his physical.
Dion Jordan and Ezekiel Ansah could be in the discussion for the LEO role on that defense. But I don't think they'll pass on Floyd for either of those two or even Werner/Moore/Mingo if Floyd is rated higher on their board.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Knighton is a NT and a free agent. I have no idea why you even mentioned Smith. He's done nothing on the football field. Mosely is a very good backup. Alualu is okay, certainly capable of being upgraded. He actually might fit best as the 5 tech like Red Bryant was in Seattle. So, none of those players should stop you taking a DT.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see the Jags interested in Ansah. Gus loves versatility and Ansah can play inside and outside. And they need an edge rusher in the worst way.