Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-07-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
The Irvin "rise" kind of bugs me because it was kind of obvious. Good stats, good triangle numbers, good tape. You take that type of guy every day of the week and twice on draft day.

Irvin might bust yet, but he was always going to be a high pick. I'd like to know what type of scuttlebutt was going through the professional draftnik community to make people think the way they did.
Well that all depends on your definition of good tape. The tape also showed how bad he was against the run. Usually situational pass rushers don't go in the top half of the first round.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:46 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Per Ian Rapaport, the Chiefs are continuing to work with Branden Albert on a new contract, and view him as the long term answer at left tackle, not right.
beat me to it.I along with Branden Albert are happy about this
Old 03-08-2013, 12:51 AM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
You can absolutely see the appeal on tape. He's just so gifted. And apparently everyone likes the intangibles. He plays all three downs WELL - many DTs can't do that. Endurance. These are things we don't consider that teams do.

Like I said, the ":rise" came from Jeremiah via scouts and a high-ranking executive (I'd guess from the Ravens) guaranteeing a top-10 pick. He was always ranked high. We just didn't know it.

This reminds me of Bruce Irvin - his stock "rose" the day of the draft. He was getting first round hype for the first time ever on that day and everyone was skeptical. Then they all screamed reach. He was always ranked high - we just didn't know it.

Sometimes we don't have the full story for guys.

I highly doubt that the NFL scouts and Cosell are all in the wrong and our stock watch on him is catching something incorrect.

EDIT: Maybe some of you don't watch NFLN or don't have it. Their coverage of Floyd has been pretty consistent. He's been universally regarded as one of the top prospects in the draft since before the combine. And he had a great combine.
LOL, Cosell is a goof. Check his track record since he started poking his nose into college players. Gruesome. I guess it gets boring down in the basement watching film all day courtesy of Uncle Howard.

Floyd is unremarkable in every way. Average sized, short arms, nothing exceptional about his combine workout, checkered past, and has had major knee procecure already. College stats are pedestrian. Only managed some third team All America votes in his draft year.
raphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:56 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael View Post
LOL, Cosell is a goof. Check his track record since he started poking his nose into college players. Gruesome. I guess it gets boring down in the basement watching film all day courtesy of Uncle Howard.

Floyd is unremarkable in every way. Average sized, short arms, nothing exceptional about his combine workout, checkered past, and has had major knee procecure already. College stats are pedestrian. Only managed some third team All America votes in his draft year.
I like Cosell. WHen he gets enough film on a player and really breaks them down, he's usually uncanny. I don't know how well he evaluates Dlineman, but he's not a hack at player evaluation.

You can call Floyd whatever you want, but unremarkable isn't a word I'd associate with him.
With his speed, quickness and strength, you'd like to see him put it together more on the field.

Floyd reminds me quite a bit of former Bear Tommie Harris before his knees fell off.
If Floyd isn't in a one gap system, I think he never really becomes the player he can be in the NFL.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 03-08-2013 at 10:09 AM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie

findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
Tyson Jackson all over again. Here we go.
yup, but jackson at least has prototypical size to handle the strongside. Floyd is miscast in a 3-4.
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
NMfootball85
Rookie

NMfootball85 is a cocksman.NMfootball85 is a cocksman.NMfootball85 is a cocksman.
Default KC SURPISE PICK: Tavon Austin

Reid drafted Desean Jackson in the Second, Tavon is similar but has more up side. but he no longer has a 2nd so he will trade down to the bottom or middle of the first or just use his number one pick on Austin .. I think Austin is the reason for Smiths success and why 33% of Geno's passes were screens and why he had a higher completion % and a decent YPA..
NMfootball85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMfootball85 View Post
Reid drafted Desean Jackson in the Second, Tavon is similar but has more up side. but he no longer has a 2nd so he will trade down to the bottom or middle of the first or just use his number one pick on Austin .. I think Austin is the reason for Smiths success and why 33% of Geno's passes were screens and why he had a higher completion % and a decent YPA..
All these QBs threw a ton of screens in college.
DOn't act like Landry Jones didn't have targets to throw to at OU.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
NMfootball85
Rookie

NMfootball85 is a cocksman.NMfootball85 is a cocksman.NMfootball85 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
All these QBs threw a ton of screens in college.
DOn't act like Landry Jones didn't have targets to throw to at OU.

Jones had three receivers get suspended last year and had to start over with only Stills.. Stills is good but only had 952 yards last year out of 4200 passing

Landry only had 20 percent of his passes were Screens. geno 33%

Geno had Austin had 1289 yards on 114 receptions 11 yd av.. and Stedman Baily who had 1600 yards accounting for 66% of his passing yards.

But A higher than normal screen pass number can raise a comp % by several points. Barkly I think had close to 30% screens.

Broyals in 2010 had 1600 out of 4700 passing yards.. who were the rest of the yards going too... Jones spread it around pretty good but Geno did to more than i thought... Point is Austin is freakin amazing will be better than Desean Jackson and could see Reid getting him in the first...

Last edited by NMfootball85 : 03-08-2013 at 01:28 PM.
NMfootball85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie

findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs signed CB dunta robinson. He is a depth signing...maybe can compete for the #2 spot and at FS.

this signing probably makes Dee Millner a little less likely.
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just can't believe the Chiefs payed so much for Alex Smith. That is just way too much to pay for a stop gap QB.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMfootball85 View Post
Reid drafted Desean Jackson in the Second, Tavon is similar but has more up side. but he no longer has a 2nd so he will trade down to the bottom or middle of the first or just use his number one pick on Austin ..
This thread gets better every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reid won't risk losing out on Tavon Austin by trading down. At this point I think Austin is a lock to go 1 overall.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:05 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Reid won't risk losing out on Tavon Austin by trading down. At this point I think Austin is a lock to go 1 overall.
I assume you're joking, but I can never be sure.

And honestly, Milliner #1 overall was a ridiculous thought to begin with.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:08 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After the Alex Smith fiasco and letting Winston walk I guess it has to be Joeckel or Fisher.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:10 AM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
I just can't believe the Chiefs payed so much for Alex Smith. That is just way too much to pay for a stop gap QB.
Smith is only 28 though. Younger than Brandon Weeden. If he keeps it together the way he did the past couple of seasons, he could be the starter for another 10 years. Remember he had the natural talent to be the first overall pick of the draft. Ahead of Aaron Rodgers.
raphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I remember is that scouts obviously whiffed on the Alex Smith vs Aaron Rodgers debate.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:47 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs dug themselves in a whole where they have to hope a team is open to a trade down.

They should have kept the 2nd, took Geno and gotten better value with the second round pick than Alex.

At least you take a chance with Gino, because there isn't any value for what they need.

Hell, could any of the top pass rushers play inside at ILB? Like a Jordan?
Old 03-09-2013, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
unclebucketts
Rookie

unclebucketts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Joeckel - from TheFantasyFootballAuction

KC has to take the surest bet in the draft with this pick and I'm still confident it's this OT even though Albert was franchised

posted from the website TheFantasyFootballAuction .com
unclebucketts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
What I remember is that scouts obviously whiffed on the Alex Smith vs Aaron Rodgers debate.
My memory might be a bit fuzzy, but I remember Rodgers being the clear-cut #1 guy going into draft week, then everybody went fullretard when they saw this:

I also swear that I heard somebody on ESPN reporting that Smith was being more flexible in contract negotiations, and that was swinging things in Smith's direction at #1 overall for the 49ers. I might have imagined it though, because I can't find anybody else who remembers hearing that.

Last edited by WCH : 03-09-2013 at 09:31 PM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:01 AM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by findthedr View Post
Chiefs signed CB dunta robinson. He is a depth signing...maybe can compete for the #2 spot and at FS.

this signing probably makes Dee Millner a little less likely.
I hope not. I lost track of Dunta some over the years. But at his age I hope the Chiefs are not thinking he's the solution opposite of Flowers. They should still be in the market for a younger, longer-term answer.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
I hope not. I lost track of Dunta some over the years. But at his age I hope the Chiefs are not thinking he's the solution opposite of Flowers. They should still be in the market for a younger, longer-term answer.
I agree with this. I expect them to be a major player for Sean Smith.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 03-11-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
The Chiefs dug themselves in a whole where they have to hope a team is open to a trade down.

They should have kept the 2nd, took Geno and gotten better value with the second round pick than Alex.

At least you take a chance with Gino, because there isn't any value for what they need.

Hell, could any of the top pass rushers play inside at ILB? Like a Jordan?
I actually think Jarvis Jones would convert extremely well to ILB in a 3-4.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:43 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael View Post
Smith is only 28 though. Younger than Brandon Weeden. If he keeps it together the way he did the past couple of seasons, he could be the starter for another 10 years. Remember he had the natural talent to be the first overall pick of the draft. Ahead of Aaron Rodgers.
and Jamarcus Russell had the natural talent to be the first overall pick of the draft. KC should give him a call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
and Jamarcus Russell had the natural talent to be the first overall pick of the draft. KC should give him a call.
David Carr is also a free agent, he went #1. Bring him in!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote