Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2013, 02:36 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest.

Yeah, I just started Infinite Jest. Hopefully it proves... finite.
I've always wanted to read Infinite Jest, it's supposed to be one of the true contemporary classics. Maybe I'll check it out this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I've given up mentioning most books I read in this thread, but recently I read The Naked Lunch. Don't read The Naked Lunch. APS may have some thoughts on this, I know he's studying the Beat Generation to some extent, but that book is just, not right.
Burroughs is...interesting. He's probably the author I'm least familiar with as far as my studies go, but I've still read the majority of his canon and done a ton of academic research into him. An interesting figure and absolutely fundamental in progressing not just experimental literature but the postmodern mindset in America. Certainly not for everyone. Naked Lunch is pretty far out, it's early cut-up technique if I'm not mistaken. Some parts just don't make sense, but it's not unlike Thomas Pynchon in that in it's incoherent ramblings it actually offers a poignant (if heavily veiled) critique of the postwar condition.

As strange as Burroughs is, I can top him. I recently read House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski, and I can say confidently that I have never in my entire life read a text that so completely shattered my understanding of what a novel was. I'd recommend it to anyone with a taste for the weird, because it is indescribable in it's uniqueness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote