Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-09-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are rumours that we are interested in WR Danny Amendola
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants are also rumored to be interested in Josh Cribbs.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cribbs sounds like a STer, which I'm fine with. Amendola sounds like a backup plan to Cruz leaving if someone bites and takes him from us.

I don't like the idea bc while I do like Amendola a lot (he reminds me of Steve Smith), he's way too fragile. The guy is always hurt. It's a shame, bc if he was able to stay healthy he'd be a hell of a player, but the guy can't stay healthy.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cribbs will replace Hixon. That will allow us to use Cribbs and JJ on kickoffs and punts I am guessing. Focus RR and Wilson at their regular full time positions.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually want Wilson on special teams. Why can't he do both? Sometimes you have to take risks. Look at the Patriots, they used Welker on special teams all the time, was never afraid of him getting hurt. The Eagles used Jackson all the time.

You want your explosive players on special teams. I rather keep Wilson there. It's not like Wilson is a 30 carry a game guy anyway, it won't hurt his stamina.

The only reason why you take him out of that role is bc you are afraid of him getting hurt. But you can't be afraid. Players can get hurt on any play. What Wilson did for our special teams this year was huge. I don't want to take him out of that role bc he was so effective in it.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Cribbs could replace Cruz from the slot. I think a QB like manning would be a big plus. It all depends on $$
Old 03-09-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Our interest in vet WRs seem to indicate we are making contingency plans if Cruz leaves.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Aaron Ross released by the Jaguars. Ouch. After 1 year.

I wouldn't be shocked if we bring him back.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn;t waste my time. He looks to be about done. Let him enjoy his reality tv show now. I don't think he is worth anything to anyone. He was a first round pick who was average at best. Only real flashes I remember of him, was in Spag's system where he blitzed from the slot.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Would you guys be interested in bringing in Steve Smith back again for like dirt cheap, considering outside our system he has been useless? Pitch to his agent, it's a chance to revive his otherwise dead career.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Random thought: If we lose Cruz, bringing back Unicorn is that much more important. Bc I think we can try a 2 TE set if we lose our slot. I think the 2 TE set is probably gonna be more effective for us if we lose Cruz vs forcing the 3 WR set with Jernigan in the slot.

Robinson apparently has promise, although who knows if that's just offseason chatter, and Bennett has potential in our offense. He looked very good before he hurt his knee halfway through the season.

With Brown/Wilson in the run game, using more 2 TE sets might be a good idea, especially with Coughlin saying he wants to get back to the ground game more.

2 TE set with Bennett and Robinson/whoever Pope is eying in the draft, with Randle and Nicks on the outside could work.

Obviously I want Cruz back, I'm just throwing ideas out there for alternative solutions to losing him.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:57 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Random thought: If we lose Cruz, bringing back Unicorn is that much more important. Bc I think we can try a 2 TE set if we lose our slot. I think the 2 TE set is probably gonna be more effective for us if we lose Cruz vs forcing the 3 WR set with Jernigan in the slot.

Robinson apparently has promise, although who knows if that's just offseason chatter, and Bennett has potential in our offense. He looked very good before he hurt his knee halfway through the season.

With Brown/Wilson in the run game, using more 2 TE sets might be a good idea, especially with Coughlin saying he wants to get back to the ground game more.

2 TE set with Bennett and Robinson/whoever Pope is eying in the draft, with Randle and Nicks on the outside could work.

Obviously I want Cruz back, I'm just throwing ideas out there for alternative solutions to losing him.
I think this would be an awesome fix. A big pass catching, play-making TE(think Shockey) to help open up the pass offense with JJ or Cribbs in the slot in 3 WR sets. Invest the money we would have given Cruz to an OL and draft Fluker, run the ball more, give Eli more control over the offense with two TE sets. Clearly e have shown interest in athletic TEs like that in the past with Beckum and Shockey. But of course the best option would be KEEP CRUZ!!!

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:28 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I think Pascoe can be a solid #2 TE in two TE sets

Another option might be to use Hynoski a little more in a H-Back style of role.

i want Cruz back, but if it doesn't then we will adapt and still be effective.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:38 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:

Coughlin said he wants to run the ball more? When did he say that? In a passing league, I think we are fine in what we are doing. Sure, running the ball is great, however if we are ineffective running the ball then we have to throw it.

If we had the 2007 OL, I think coughlin would be right in wanting to run it. But we are not good at running the ball as we were back then.

On BBI, it said we were engaging talks with MB and we and boothe are still far apart in contract terms, which makes me want to say screw him. It's not like we are losing an all pro at LG.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Coughlin said he wants to run the ball more? When did he say that? In a passing league, I think we are fine in what we are doing. Sure, running the ball is great, however if we are ineffective running the ball then we have to throw it.

If we had the 2007 OL, I think coughlin would be right in wanting to run it. But we are not good at running the ball as we were back then.

On BBI, it said we were engaging talks with MB and we and boothe are still far apart in contract terms, which makes me want to say screw him. It's not like we are losing an all pro at LG.
I'm just thinking of alternatives. I obviously want Cruz back bad, but in the event we do lose him, you have to look at alternative solutions. I don't want to see us fitting square pegs in round holes to try to just force the current scheme to work with different parts.

If our current personel without Cruz is better in a 2 TE set that we run out of more often, then why not? Adapt to your personel. If NE can throw out of it why can't we? They run option routes too.

Just thinking of alternatives that's all.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Oh ok, that's fine. I thought this was what Coughlin would want to do in general, which would annoy me. Nothing made me happier then opening our offense up from the I formation family when Toomer and Amani were here. My break downs documented this.

I pro left, Right, Ace-Double Tight, I Pro off set left, off set right, I pro wing left, wing right.

It was very run intensive the formations we ran. I remember thinking, can we please open it up please? When your franchise QB is throwing for an amazing 131 yards, it bothered me greatly.

I do think the 2 TE set would be interesting at times. Let's see if AR is developed to play full time. But we need another 2 way TE. I don't think bear is a weapon enough for that role. Would you be interested in drafting someone like Erzt or Eifert?

I don't see the TEs to do this, and we don't have depth. What happens if both get dinged up? You want extra depth because 2 TEs are playing in a lot of formations.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants sign Cullen Jenkins to a 3 year, $8 million contract, $3 million guaranteed. Nice signing. Not expensive. Like it.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI View Post
Giants sign Cullen Jenkins to a 3 year, $8 million contract, $3 million guaranteed. Nice signing. Not expensive. Like it.
Great signing

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

an amazing signing. now we can focus on LB, DE, DB and OT. beautiful
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry f'in Reese ladies and gents! Awesome to have a good GM!

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

So now we have:

Jenkins
Rodgers
Kuhn
Austin
LinJo

I guess we can go rookie during this draft and invite UFA. That should help us big time.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:18 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whats our cap at? do we still have the fire power for Cruz? Also did they get rid of the 1st and 3rd round tender?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:22 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Not sure, around 10 million. Yeah I am sure we do. We wouldn't sign someone like that and risk losing Cruz for a 32 year old DT, lol. At least I hope not.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why don't we ask Tuck to take a pay cut? hes been playing like trash. Snee and Diehl ditto.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:31 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Well we have a lot of those guys in Tuck, Snee, Rolle, and D.D.