Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You 2 guys don't remember what happened to Javon Walker do you, once his main focus became the money instead of performing?

Ted has the right philosophy.

He knows guys give their best effort when they are playing for contracts. All players dream of getting that 2nd NFL contract.

What he does good is he does a better job than most of getting guys who get their 2nd contract to keep laying their bodies on the line.

A lot of players, as you have all seen, get a bit more worried about protecting themselves and their investments ONCE they get that 2nd contract, which is usually the fat one.

He did a good job with Jones, Jordy, and Jennings on their 2nd deals.... but now Jennings wants to break the bank...... he won't get anywhere close to 12-14 million a year like he wants.
He will be lucky to get more than 8 per.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Reportedly the team has shown interest in San Fran DL Ricky Jean Francois
He's been a better value than former LSU teammate Tyson Jackson has.
I'd love to get RJF into the Packers.
Good size.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
You 2 guys don't remember what happened to Javon Walker do you, once his main focus became the money instead of performing?
Money: blowing out receivers' knees since 2005.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:13 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Here's a good list of the top 85 Free Agents:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...best-available
Old 03-10-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Here's a good list of the top 85 Free Agents:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...best-available
Of all the potential fits as a 3-4 DE on the market, I hope the teams targets Jason Jones. He's a more disruptive player than anyone we have at the end position right now and he has proven to be a quality player during his time in Tennessee and Seattle.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Of all the potential fits as a 3-4 DE on the market, I hope the teams targets Jason Jones. He's a more disruptive player than anyone we have at the end position right now and he has proven to be a quality player during his time in Tennessee and Seattle.
I really wanted Jones when he was let go from the Titans.
He's an Eastern Michigan product, and we have seemed to have some good look from those secondary Michigan schools with Jennings, Cullen Jenkins, TJ Lang, etc.

He's about 6'5", 280.... not quite prototypical size but very good.

He's still only 26.

It makes me wonder why he's potentially going to change teams for a 3rd time already at that age.
I wonder what type of person he is.......I bet he can be had for a pretty good deal, not break a bank.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers reportedly have no interest in bringing back Cullen Jenkins.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Packers reportedly have no interest in bringing back Cullen Jenkins.
Cullen Jenkins deal with NYG: 3 years, $8 mill total, $3.15 guaranteed.

Bargain city for the Giants, a player here who makes plays, and missed NO GAMES the past 2 seasons.
Once he left GB, he became durable.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

The team has yet to tender CB Sam Shields

Old 03-11-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The team has yet to tender CB Sam Shields
WTF? Why not.... what does this mean? Nobody can sign him can they if he isn't tendered? WTF is going on!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe the people on other Packer forums! After the two trades this afternoon, people are screaming that the sky is falling. For the love of GOD people free agency hasn't even begun!

Sorry for the rant...
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
I can't believe the people on other Packer forums! After the two trades this afternoon, people are screaming that the sky is falling. For the love of GOD people free agency hasn't even begun!

Sorry for the rant...
The Packers aren't dumb enough to overreact to another contending team's moves.

San Francisco's move is the more wise move given the minimal compensation and the lack of a long term financial commitment.

Seattle's move is easily more risky given the draft pick compensation and the amount of money he'll command against the cap.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shields, as expected, got the 2nd round tender
Old 03-12-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see some action on that second round tender after how well he played last year.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:55 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Honestly this scares me. I think they shoulder have used a first round tender. I get a bad feeling about this. Im scared other teams will try and go for him which I really rather not have to contend with.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 03-12-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with you guys. We'll see
Old 03-12-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really expected Shields to get a first round tender. The way he played last year, I'd happily give up a 2nd for him.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Shilds got a second round tender.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
Shilds got a second round tender.
Thank you for the update.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

It's a huge risk by the Pack IMO, especially when taken into account all the former GB people around the league. Guys who could use some good CB's. You have Dorsey in KC, McKenzie in Oakland, Schneider in SEA, and add in Philbin as the coach in Miami, which is where Shields is from and went to school

add in that you just don't know if a Miami kid will want to stay in GB
Old 03-12-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Well he does have a huge GB neck tat and we can match any offer.
.. so hopefully it means he wants to stay here and we want him to as well.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 03-12-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

looks like the team is giving Jolly a shot

we're currently 18 million under the cap

Old 03-12-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I'm confident that GB has probably already had talks with his agent

teams aren't really going after RFA's lately as much, so perhaps TT has a beat on things.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
looks like the team is giving Jolly a shot

we're currently 18 million under the cap

Doesn't hurt. If anything, just adds a bit more healthy competition at the DL in camp

would be nice if he can somehow return to form or close to it. He wa really emerging as a good 3-4 DE back in 2009, and was GREAT at batting down passes at the LOS

Cap situation is looking good. Once again, I'll be expecting very little out of FA. The cap space will be used to lock up their own studs(Rodgers, Clay) and they'll look to the draft to add talent/depth. Need to get faster on D. Adding young players will do that

Last edited by BloodBrother : 03-12-2013 at 12:42 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Winfield cut, Nnamdi cut today as well

there's a lot of CB's/Safeties that available right now in FA, so I think the Pack must feel good about that 2nd round tender on Shields