Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still hope we use our sixth on marquess wilson, i think if he comes into the right place he can still play like that top 10 pick he was after his true sophomore year

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly would love a trade down to mid 20s, pick up a extra 2nd personally. Especially since Jordan and Jones should be gone by then. Even in the late 1st I think we could make a run at a player like a CB like Rhodes or Amerson, a LB like Minter, Brown, coughTe'ocough, a OT like Fluker if he falls.... So many possibilities
Old 03-05-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
I still hope we use our sixth on marquess wilson, i think if he comes into the right place he can still play like that top 10 pick he was after his true sophomore year
If the current forum mock resembles where he will go, he won't be there by the 6th.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
If the current forum mock resembles where he will go, he won't be there by the 6th.
I just drafted Tavarres King in the 5th in the forum mock. That value was too good to pass up.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with his bad combine, is there any chance Damonte Moore will be available and should we draft him ?
I like him but I'm not sure he will slip.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He will be late 1st now.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Almost finished with the forum mock including offseason. Here's what I've done so far (still have a final free agency period to do):

Signed as UFA's:
NT Aubrayo Franklin
OLB Victor Butler
QB Jason Campbell

Drafted:
1st - DE/OLB Bjoern Werner, Florida St
3rd - OT Terron Armstead, Arkansas Pine-Bluff
4th - TE Dion Sims, Michigan St.
5th - WR Tavarres King, Georgia
6th - CB Brandon McGee, Miami

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-07-2013, 06:08 AM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Naga114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice offseason, I'm a little surprised by the Franklin pick up but realy impressed by the fact you were able to draft Werner. I'd be happy if this happened.

Who did you let go ?
Old 03-07-2013, 06:36 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga114 View Post
Nice offseason, I'm a little surprised by the Franklin pick up but realy impressed by the fact you were able to draft Werner. I'd be happy if this happened.

Who did you let go ?
Will Smith, Jonathan Vilma, Chris Chamberlain, and Will Herring. I plan on re-signing Smith and Vilma in the 3rd wave of free agency.

This offseason also took place before the Saints restructured all those players so I would have had even more to work with if it had occurred beforehand.

And the reason I signed Franklin was to use as a back-up NT. He's 32 and should come fairly cheap if signed and the Saints could use a back-up NT.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-07-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Just finished up the Saints draft in the forum mock. Here was my haul:

1st - Bjoern Werner, DE
3rd - Terron Armstead, OT
4th - Dion Sims, TE
5th - Tavarres King, WR
6th - Brandon McGee, CB
7th - David Bass, DE

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-08-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not a bad haul at all

the forum mock im doing (different site) ive started with Mingo and then Poyer in the third

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 03-11-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
not a bad haul at all

the forum mock im doing (different site) ive started with Mingo and then Poyer in the third
Added Malliciah Goodman in the fourth and Shawn Williams in the fifth. Dont really like going with big school guys but the value was just too good

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 03-11-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Im not a big Werner fan personally. Is there any inclination he can play 3-4 OLB?
Old 03-13-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Chase Daniel now in K.C., do you see us drafting a QB and if so, who and in what round?

Old 03-14-2013, 05:07 AM    (permalink
Naga114
Rookie

No, I know Sean Payton loves his QBs but we have so few draft picks I'd be pissed if we drafted a QB when LB-DL-DB-OT-TE-WR are better choice.

I know our draft strategy is BPA, but that was because we signed FA to fill our needs. Since we won't be much involved in FA, we should draft the best player by need, and QB isn't a high priority.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I don't think we have enough picks to draft a quarterback. Most likely, we end up with some sort of "veteran" back-up. Possibly Luke McCown or someone similar.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I think we're going to bring in a UDFA like we did with Chase Daniel. I'm hoping that guy is Ryan Griffin from Tulane. He flashed a lot at Texas vs the Nation and has a lot of tools for Payton to work with and develop.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-16-2013, 12:52 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I went back to look at numbers from the scouting combine and compared those to to pass rushers from years past. The one thing that stood out to me when comparing Bjoern Werner to the pass rushers from this class and those of year's past is how eerily similar his numbers to to Paul Kruger.

Check this out:
Bjoern Werner Paul Kruger
Height: 6'3" - 6'6"
Weight: 266 - 265
40 Yard Dash: 4.83 - 4.83
Bench Press: 25 - 24
Vertical: 31 - 32.5
Broad Jump: 111" - 108
3 Cone: 7.30 - 7.52
20 Yard Shutte: 4.40 - 4.47

Also, they possess similar scouting reports. The two differences I have noticed is that Kruger is mentioned as having a better motor and more powerful while Werner is more explosive and better vs. the run.

These numbers, and the scouting reports, are why I think Werner would be a great fit as a ROLB in a 3-4.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-17-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still hoping for Mingo personally because I know Ansah and Jordan will be long gone.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

1. Jarvis Jones/ Keke Mingo
3. Zavier Gooden
4. Oday Abushi
5. TJ McDonald
6. Corey Fuller

This to me, is my favorite draft as now.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

fuller kinda suprises me as he is just a lazy sack of crap to me. id rather have someone at least as talented with more diva like issues instead of just laziness. A big ego can be whipped into shape, lazy players will always be lazy to me (talking marquess wilson as a late round flyer here)

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 03-20-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Here's my latest. I plan on writing this up and sticking it on the Saints site I wrote for in a couple of days. I figured I'd get you fellers a sneak peek.

1. DE/OLB Bjoern Werner
3. NT Brandon Williams
4. OT Xavier Nixon
5. WR Chris Harper
6. ILB Vince Williams

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by diabsoule : 03-20-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
3. Zavier Gooden
4. Oday Abushi
5. TJ McDonald
6. Corey Fuller

I don't think McDonald will be there in the 5th.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:10 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I don't think McDonald will be there in the 5th.
The way people talk, he shouldnt be drafted. I would pick him in the 4th over Obushi.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
3. Zavier Gooden
4. Oday Abushi
5. TJ McDonald
6. Corey Fuller

I like this list but now that Jones has had a lousy Pro Day any way he drops like a stone and we follow suit by trading down for some later picks?
I'm cool with Mingo as well, I'd just like to see us get a great defensive player ready to contribute but also pick up some later round picks.