Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-09-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Julian Draxler has really been taking off since Holtby's move, the kid's amazing and playing in the middle has really brought out his best.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Julian Draxler has really been taking off since Holtby's move, the kid's amazing and playing in the middle has really brought out his best.
How long until Bayern snaps him up?
Old 03-09-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
How long until Bayern snaps him up?
I doubt it's any time soon. He's still just a teenager and Schalke are still in good position to qualify for the CL. Plus Bayern still are stacked in the attacking band with Ribery, Kroos, Mueller, Shaqiri, and Robben so their need isn't too great and they've been avoiding pilfering league rivals for guys they don't need badly. Staying at Schalke for a few more years to play with Max Meyer is best for his development, so i doubt he plays for Bayern before the WC, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him still there come the next Euros as well.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 03-09-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I figure he will stay a while as well. It makes sense. The comment was more tongue in cheek than anything.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I probably should've realized that, but with Bayern's history it's very easy to treat that concern seriously. Damn money bags!

Anyway I've never really liked Schalke but Draxler and Meyer are two of germany's top teenagers right now, watching the two of them develop for them will be so much fun, both are great shooters of the ball, who's movement and interplay is very clever, with great technique on the ball the sky is the limit for them. That team really needs a boost at FB, a boost in goal, a better backup for Hunter, and to keep their heads out of their asses so they can avoid going all Schalke.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-09-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
High school and college soccer teams are the problem with the MLS youth development. No player who's to be a high level pro benefits from playing in college when compared to joining an academy in europe. That's why I think that the way to improve the US NT is to establish some programs with a handful of european academies for top american young players to go develop together. Have the american FA set up some barracks for the players to stay at with some cultural adjustment coaches.
That is what is happening. Academies for every MLS team have sprouted up and are being well attended. However, they still are not to the level of having their own schooling.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I know the US is having clubs develop their own academies, but it'll take a long time til there's a number of world class academies in the US. That's why I'd have worked on sending the best of the best youths to europe, while focusing on fewer, regional academies at home for the guys that don't go abroad.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-10-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suarez!!!! What play by Coutinho to set it up, he looks a real player IMO.

(I've also had a bet on a 2-1 Spurs win with Suarez scoring first, slightly worried it may come true!)

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uh oh... :( think I jinxed it!

Old 03-10-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Coutinho so damn much

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stevieeeeeeeeeeeeeee

#MoncriefArmy
Old 03-10-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I still don't get why Inter let Coutinho go.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Big win !!!!

Suck it Gareth.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 03-10-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Once he gets Prem League fit (at the moment he is fading around 60 mins in) and gets a bit of strength he is going to be special. Genuinely excited about our attacking potential now with Suarez, Coutinho, Sturridge and Sterling, just got to work out how to fit them all in :)

Old 03-10-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, nice feet by de Gea. Was thinking Chelsea would take it right there.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chelsea was so dominant in the second half. Some weak hits and good saves in the last 10-15. Replay should be fun. Anxious at the draw.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

That was a great save. DeGea is top class as a shot stopper.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

newcastle win :)

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
newcastle win :)
So dreamy.

Old 03-10-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't even see either of the goals, gonna have to watch them later. Nice that Papiss is getting back into the swing of things as well, think he has 5 in 10 or something like that.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do any of you NYC area guys follow the Red Bulls? They lost in a pretty dramatic way last night
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
Do any of you NYC area guys follow the Red Bulls? They lost in a pretty dramatic way last night
Haha yeah. First part of any MLS game I watched in maybe a year or two. Nothing much else on Sunday night. Granted I haven't been watching soccer as long as a lot of you, but I've never seen that in a match.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roy Miller also encroached on a penalty during the final stages of their last home game last season. He negated what would have been the game tying goal.

I don't understand why they play him when they have Heath Pearce, who is a top 5 LB in the MLS. Instead they have Pearce playing CB and don't play Holgersson, who was a rock during the second half of last year.

I'm assuming they'll change it up now that they've conceded 4 goals in 2 second halves this year, blowing 2 leads.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Buy high, sell low philosophy?

I'm not quite sure either, you can just see that talent oozes from this kid when he plays. His ball control and vision are superb. Very bright future.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Same reason AC let Zlatan and Silva go while slashing their wage bill in the summer. The Milan clubs are really broke and their benefactors haven't been flushing too much money into them, although Berlusconi's strong showing in the election and the Super Mario purchase seem to signal a shift for AC. Inter meanwhile is mega-******.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: