Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-10-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

interesting you list Brown as an OLB, I think he could be some teams ILB (Giants?!? :) ) also surprised you have Gooden over Greene.

And logan so low, but it's a deep as hell CB class
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I think Reid has a tad more upside. I don't trust Elam as a cover safety, and Cyprien is behind Reid instinctually. Now, Reid is not an elite player (2nd rounder IMO,) but he is a good athlete who shows instinctual promise. Can tackle and cover more than Cyprien/Elam. More complete basically.
Interesting. When I watch Reid he seem's to lack the ability to cover at the next level. I had him pegged as a pure SS in the NFL. Looks slow to react, avg COD, sort of lumbering in a coverage roll.

My opinion on Elam and Cyprien is they're also better suited at SS because of their physical nature but have the athleticism and skill set to be effective in coverage. I just don't see that with Reid.
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cordarrelle Patterson, he seems to be ranked really low. His potential is as high as they come for this draft, maybe second to only Justin Hunter. But how inexperienced he is and how much better he could be. Tall, quick, shows good speed and has good height, and that make you miss quality after the catch. I would be surprised if he was no the 1st receiver taken off the board.

Bills, Browns, Chargers, Dolphins all could be in the mix for him in that early part of the 1st round I think.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Cordarrelle Patterson, he seems to be ranked really low. His potential is as high as they come for this draft, maybe second to only Justin Hunter. But how inexperienced he is and how much better he could be. Tall, quick, shows good speed and has good height, and that make you miss quality after the catch. I would be surprised if he was no the 1st receiver taken off the board.

Bills, Browns, Chargers, Dolphins all could be in the mix for him in that early part of the 1st round I think.
I agree, he'll be the first WR off the board. But I have some major fears. Development will be super crucial with him

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Shane P. Hallam

I agree, he'll be the first WR off the board. But I have some major fears. Development will be super crucial with him
His run after the catch ability though, sure might have pure route running issues but with the ball in his hands he is as dangerous as anyone. Rare combination for a guy that size, however I was a little disappointed he came in measuring only 6-1 and 7 inches instead of 6-3. But still, not sure about his character though but he did have one hell of a breakout season for Tennessee.

Where they got all of those receivers, I have no clue but with him, Hunter and Rogers who was on Tennessee last year, you have arguably three receivers that will all be gone by the 2nd round all from one school. It would be getting a lot more talk if Rogers never left Tennessee because of the suspension and leaving, that is for sure.

All three of those guys have tons of potential down the road.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:05 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
Interesting. When I watch Reid he seem's to lack the ability to cover at the next level. I had him pegged as a pure SS in the NFL. Looks slow to react, avg COD, sort of lumbering in a coverage roll.

My opinion on Elam and Cyprien is they're also better suited at SS because of their physical nature but have the athleticism and skill set to be effective in coverage. I just don't see that with Reid.
Reid's ranked wrong. He's not as good as the other two and I'd be shocked if he's drafted before the 4th. He's always late. No plays. You touched on it. He was an average S in college in an ideal situation.

Darnell Bing.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
JBScouting
Rookie

JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBScouting is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Haha, I learn from the best Josh! But really your list has been my starting point, and the sleepers you had for Pro Days, etc :)

I like Manase Foketi a bit more than you. Hasn't been the best offseason for him, but I think he is definitely draftable and I think he could develop.

Not sure I have JJ Wilcox as high as you. Safety position is always hard for someone like me without coach's tape, but even at 10 for me, that puts him outside the 2nd day.
I would not say that but thank you!

I like Manase but remember that my rankings are how I project them to come off the board. I would draft Manase but I have a feeling he may be a late 7th round pick or go undrafted.

Wilcox is one I have graded out lower than his projection. I see him as a 5th-6th round caliber player but I think he goes top 100 for sure based on buzz.
JBScouting is offline   Reply With Quote