Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A set of reliable hands for third downs can't hurt a team that has had so many problems extending drives because of key drops over the past several years.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
asham27
Rookie

asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
We could have cut leach and had the space we wanted to save with Boldjn. If we cut leach we would be at roughly 15 million. That should be enough for Ellerbe the draft picks and Rfa. And maybe offer reed a competitive offer.
Your looking at probably $5 million in tenders, $2.5 million for draft picks and realistically $5-6 million for Ellerbe and I think Ellerbe could get more than that. That leaves only $2 million for Reed, Mckinnie and anyone else the Ravens are targeting through free agency.
asham27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal3518 View Post
Like this trade for the Niners. giving up a 6th rounder is nothing. Bolding has some good hands to catch Kaeps heaters that he throws. And he is one of the best run blocking Wrs in the league something that cant be over looked when it comes to the read option.
I like this trade as a well. We have so many picks in the draft it's good to get another playmaker at WR even if he's 32 and is more so a TE that lines out wide at this point. Boldin was really annoying to play against in the Super Bowl. I wonder what this means for Mario Manningham, who looked good last season until he got hurt. AJ Jenkins looks like he's headed for another redshirt year.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I like this trade as a well. We have so many picks in the draft it's good to get another playmaker at WR even if he's 32 and is more so a TE that lines out wide at this point. Boldin was really annoying to play against in the Super Bowl. I wonder what this means for Mario Manningham, who looked good last season until he got hurt. AJ Jenkins looks like he's headed for another redshirt year.
No, this means AJ will be needed NOW, more than ever. Boldin doesn't help us significantly because he doesn't compliment Crabs like Moss and MM did. And he's definitely not worth 6 million in cap space. But it made sense to give up a draft pick that more than likely would have never even made the roster for a solid player at a position that was thin. AJ is really is the only vertical threat on the roster until the draft rolls around. No way can we afford to sit him next year, by choice. I think they're going to cut MM and free up some cap space. Don't know the ramifications of how much we'll save and if it would be cost-effective. But we still need a FS and if I know Baalke, he wont rely on some rookie. The Boldin trade and re-signing Williams leaves us with virtually no cap room. They have to create cap room and cutting MM and restructuring some guys seems most logical.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC West just keeps getting nastier.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
No, this means AJ will be needed NOW, more than ever. Boldin doesn't help us significantly because he doesn't compliment Crabs like Moss and MM did. And he's definitely not worth 6 million in cap space. But it made sense to give up a draft pick that more than likely would have never even made the roster for a solid player at a position that was thin. AJ is really is the only vertical threat on the roster until the draft rolls around. No way can we afford to sit him next year, by choice. I think they're going to cut MM and free up some cap space. Don't know the ramifications of how much we'll save and if it would be cost-effective. But we still need a FS and if I know Baalke, he wont rely on some rookie. The Boldin trade and re-signing Williams leaves us with virtually no cap room. They have to create cap room and cutting MM and restructuring some guys seems most logical.
I think it remains to be seen how well Boldin will play out in the offense. Personally I think he can do a good job opposite Crabtree if he gets significant playing time, which I have a feeling he might. Manningham might be cut to save some space, but I would love to still have him around for another season. Don't be surprised if AJ Jenkins sees little playing time again this season. I don't see him suddenly getting more targets and opportunities ahead of Manningham and Boldin unless he is able to turn the corner and look like a megastar and/or someone ahead of him gets hurt.

Quote:
Old 03-11-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn the 49ers know how to get it done! Great move by them.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
A set of reliable hands for third downs can't hurt a team that has had so many problems extending drives because of key drops over the past several years.
Crabtree was money on 3rd downs this year.

From PFF :

Quote:
When his team has needed it most, few receivers have produced as Crabtree has this season. Only four players saw more than Crabtree’s 49 targets on third and fourth down, and his 32 third-down receptions were bested only by Marshall, Calvin Johnson, and Wes Welker. Twenty-four of those catches converted into first downs or touchdowns for San Francisco, and Crabtree’s five scores on third down were tied for the most in the league.

There are times when a quarterback, either by design, faith, or sheer desperation, needs to rely on his receiver to pick up a first down. This is where Crabtree separated himself from his peers. There were 32 plays this season (second-most in the league) where Crabtree caught a pass short of the first-down marker, yet still managed to get enough yardage to move the chains. Seventeen of those came on third or fourth down, by far the highest number of any player in the NFL. Welker and Ray Rice were behind Crabtree with 12 and 10 such catches, respectively. No other player had more than seven.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
ugh, hey AFC stop letting the 49ers rape you
Literally, so much of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings offered a 7th rnd for him apparently. That means there was not much of a bidding war for him I guess. Still awesome value for what he will bring to their team next year for a 6th rnd pick that most likely would have been a PS squad player or inactive on game day.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great trade for the 49ers. They have a boatload of draft picks and certainly won't miss a 6th rd pick. It does however leave them at just $4.4m under the cap. Their next move could be releasing Mario Manningham which creates a further $3.95m in cap space and hope Jenkins takes a big step forward from a washout rookie season.

I'm surprised Baltimore couldn't find a way to bring back Boldin as they were only $2m apart and Flacco's new contract only counts for $6.8m against the cap in 2013.

The Ravens will still be hit with over $1.5m in dead money next season from Boldin's contract. They created $6m in cap room with the trade and now have approx $18.5m in cap room for next season. Keeping Boldin would've left $12.5m in cap room which was more than enough to bring back Ellerbe and others. I would've kept Boldin, paid him the $6m then let him walk as a free agent in 2014. I just hope for their sake they don't have another Lee Evans moment in a crucial game which leaves them regretting this move.

Prediction: Baltimore will draft DeAndre Hopkins.

Last edited by boknows34 : 03-11-2013 at 08:03 PM.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the Ravens wanted him back. Ozzie Newsome is that kind of GM. He lets people walk too early instead of too late.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it remains to be seen how well Boldin will play out in the offense. Personally I think he can do a good job opposite Crabtree if he gets significant playing time, which I have a feeling he might. Manningham might be cut to save some space, but I would love to still have him around for another season. Don't be surprised if AJ Jenkins sees little playing time again this season. I don't see him suddenly getting more targets and opportunities ahead of Manningham and Boldin unless he is able to turn the corner and look like a megastar and/or someone ahead of him gets hurt.
Jenkins will definitely get a chance to shine. Right now, no defense is going to fear Crabtree and Boldin on the outside. Neither has the foot speed to make any safety or DC worry about the deep ball, and that will shift all focus to VD, intermediate to deep and bogged down the offense. Boldin is just a year rental. Baalke obviously views AJ as the future on the outside. He'll get an opportunity to shine.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Ravens cut him it's "ah, guess they couldn't afford to pay him, they'll miss him though". Instead they trade him for a 6th round pick and it's "OMGZZZZZ, the Ravens got raped!!!".

It makes no sense.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks vs Niners should be a very, very interesting match-up this year. Can't wait to watch those two teams play

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Vikings offered a 7th rnd for him apparently. That means there was not much of a bidding war for him I guess. Still awesome value for what he will bring to their team next year for a 6th rnd pick that most likely would have been a PS squad player or inactive on game day.
Everybody knew he would be cut tomorrow because Baltimore simply didn't have the money to retain him. That's why the they settled for practically nothing. What choice did they have?
Old 03-11-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Jenkins will definitely get a chance to shine. Right now, no defense is going to fear Crabtree and Boldin on the outside. Neither has the foot speed to make any safety or DC worry about the deep ball, and that will shift all focus to VD, intermediate to deep and bogged down the offense. Boldin is just a year rental. Baalke obviously views AJ as the future on the outside. He'll get an opportunity to shine.
I think Crabtree will receive a ton of attention because of his ability to move the chains. That should give Boldin more leverage. Not that he'll smoke defensive backs on the outside, because he won't, but he'll be a big target and win his fair share of matchups. I'm hoping we keep Manningham to give us even more options.

As for AJ, we'll see. I'm not necessarily holding my breath.

Quote:
Old 03-11-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrible trade damn it .49ers . Ur suppose to get younger players not old players . Gonna be another Moss type player . Waiste of a trade depending on how he performs . But I dont like it .
Old 03-11-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Terrible trade damn it .49ers . Ur suppose to get younger players not old players . Gonna be another Moss type player . Waiste of a trade depending on how he performs . But I dont like it .
I hate waiste trades too.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:20 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I hate waiste trades too.
Well, I bet they get more value from the sixth round pick they spent on Boldin than they do from the first round pick they spent on Jenkins.
raphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael View Post
Well, I bet they get more value from the sixth round pick they spent on Boldin than they do from the first round pick they spent on Jenkins.
I was being a smartass.......
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I was being a smartass.......
No, you were being a dumbass. You spelled wasted wrong.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael View Post
No, you were being a dumbass. You spelled wasted wrong.
He did that on purpose because he was being a smartass. Did you read the initial post he quoted?

Quote:
Old 03-11-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think Crabtree will receive a ton of attention because of his ability to move the chains. That should give Boldin more leverage. Not that he'll smoke defensive backs on the outside, because he won't, but he'll be a big target and win his fair share of matchups. I'm hoping we keep Manningham to give us even more options.

As for AJ, we'll see. I'm not necessarily holding my breath.
And where did he work from, to move the chains? Out of the slot. Where does Boldin do his best work from? The slot. Like I said, its not a real good mesh. Boldin had Torrey Smith to help give him space to work. Crabs had Moss and Manningham. Now they're both together and expected to be bookends and create space for each other? I just don't see it.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 03-12-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:00 AM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

Quote:
He did that on purpose because he was being a smartass. Did you read the initial post he quoted?
Now I'm confused, I don't know whether I'm being the smartass here or the dumbass. I think I'll just go to bed.