Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-22-2006, 10:52 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

I really don't follow basketball much but I've been hearing so much about Wade that I just want to hear from some of you basketball fans who do you think is better.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:53 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

james by far, although i think ivoted for wade by accident.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

That's a really tough question. I think James is more talented and has the potential to be better but at this point I have to go with Wade.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:56 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You really gotta ask?

LeBron is the most gifted player possible ever. But until I see him carry a team to a championship, I'm taking Wade.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point and probably in the future, it's LeBron. Although both are severly favored by refs, LeBron is more of a prescence and makes people around him better. Wade doesn't do that very well. Plus, LeBron's supporting cast is/was much worse than Wade's this year.
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:59 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Whenever (if needed) you can play all 5 positions, you know you're something special (see Magic Johnson).
Old 06-22-2006, 11:00 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses
That's a really tough question. I think James is more talented and has the potential to be better but at this point I have to go with Wade.
Precisely. LeBron has all the talent to become the greatest player of all time and everything comes extremely easy to him, while Wade, who has a ton of talent, also possesses the kind of heart, eagerness and work ethic to carry him to astronomical things. Right now though, Wade's ability to take over not only a game, but an entire series is what seperates him from LeBron.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:01 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan
Quote:
Precisely. LeBron has all the talent to become the greatest player of all time and everything comes extremely easy to him, while Wade, who has a ton of talent, also possesses the kind of heart, eagerness and work ethic to carry him to astronomical things. Right now though, Wade's ability to take over not only a game, but an entire series is what seperates him from LeBron.
Not only a series, the NBA Finals.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 06-22-2006, 11:02 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Quote:
If Lebron had Shaq you'd be saying the exact opposite. Not trashing Wade in the least but Wade has a tremendous set of players around him which highlight his hard work whereas in cleveland LeBron is ignored, less publicized, and you fail to see his infinite drive.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:03 PM    (permalink
hyundridz
Veteran

hyundridz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

if it were the nfl, wade is roethlisberger and james is carson palmer.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:04 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyundridz
if it were the nfl, wade is roethlisberger and james is carson palmer.
More like James is peyton manning, he's won some but hasn't been able to take his team all of the way.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:04 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGF 216/137
Quote:
Quote:
If Lebron had Shaq you'd be saying the exact opposite. Not trashing Wade in the least but Wade has a tremendous set of players around him which highlight his hard work whereas in cleveland LeBron is ignored, less publicized, and you fail to see his infinite drive.
Shaq really wasn't all that effective nor was the rest of Wade's supporting cast in that series.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Shaq really wasn't all that effective nor was the rest of Wade's supporting cast in that series.
Shaq is still the same prescence. There's a reason Wade wasn't double teamed much. If it was Cleveland, LeBron would be double teamed every second.
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:06 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
But they were there as a threat. It is similar to Ronaldinho's effect on the brazilian team, he still hasn't scored but he let's his team mates get much more room to play, thus the affect of Wade's supporting cast on him. Now I'd love to have either on the Knicks but I still would take James over Wade without even a second thought.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:07 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Well Wade was getting most of the attention, and he did get by 4 people in game 5.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 06-22-2006, 11:37 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
You really gotta ask?

LeBron is the most gifted player possible ever. But until I see him carry a team to a championship, I'm taking Wade.
It helps when you have Shaq, Zo', Walker, Payton, and White Chocolate compared to Z', Hughes, and Snow.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:41 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

You know what else helps? Putting up 35 ppg.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 06-22-2006, 11:41 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the Heat pretty much own the Cavs at every position but SF, and potentially PF, Gooden's alright. I think James is a better player. Don't forget, he also came up huge in the playoffs. Just his team wasn't even semi-competent. He had what, 11 field goals in game 7 against DET? The rest of his team had 9. He carried the Cavs more than Wade carried the Heat. At least Wade had help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Nerv

LeBron James. Substitute LeBron for Wade on the Heat and theyre a better team.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:43 PM    (permalink

Quote:
You know what else helps? Putting up 35 ppg.
Lebron owned the Pistons as did Shaq for the most part not Wade.

Pistons > Mavs
Old 06-22-2006, 11:45 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
A better team that wouldn't have won the NBA finals.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 06-22-2006, 11:45 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Dwyane Wade

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:47 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Quote:
That doesn't make sense.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:48 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, because LeBron has never willed a team that would be lucky to win 30 games without him to 7 games against the best team in the regular season. He basically made the Cavs. They're a joke without him right now. It's stupid to say they wouldn't have won with him. LeBron James is a better player than D-Wade. He's just as good a scorer, a better passer, better vision, bigger, stronger, better rebounder, more versatile, less selfish, and has the potential to be a better defender, but he's not far from Wade in that category either. He also has a similar drive to win, it's just a shame his whole team is a gang of scrubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Quote:
They would have won it in less games. LeBron gets even more calls than Wade and he is a Cavalier, not to mention bigger, stronger, more range, better rebounder, better scorer, better passer. So... ya.

We had this exact same poll before the playoffs and Wade got dominated in it, LeBron had a great playoffs as well but didnt have the supporting cast to go all the way. Bandwagon voters.