Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-10-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

Just based on the Jags moves so far under Dave Caldwell, I think they will draft very young players with more upside and perhaps less immediate impact. They are releasing all of the older players on the team that they can, pretty much, and showing absolutely no interest in other team's free agents.

Looks like a total rebuild in progress. Floyd is very young, (20 on draft day), so he does have that appeal for the team. Ansah, I'm not sure of, but I think he is about 25 and still quite raw in terms of technique, so I doubt the Jags bother to take the time with him. Luke Joeckel and Damontre Moore make the most sense to me. I'm sure Joeckel wouldn't have a problem with playing RT for awhile. It will be the same for him in K.C. Monroe's contract runs out next season. Moore is maybe the youngest player in the draft, (he and DeAndre Hopkins), I'd love to see those two on the team. I don't have a lot of confidence in the Jag's receiving corps, and I don't get the feeling that Caldwell does either.

The wild card here may be Gabbert's forearm injury. It involves nerve damage, and at the time Blaine said it was one of those one in a million fluke injuries. If they're not totally confident that he can recover fully, a quarterback is certainly in play.
raphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:53 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael View Post
Just based on the Jags moves so far under Dave Caldwell, I think they will draft very young players with more upside and perhaps less immediate impact. They are releasing all of the older players on the team that they can, pretty much, and showing absolutely no interest in other team's free agents.

Looks like a total rebuild in progress. Floyd is very young, (20 on draft day), so he does have that appeal for the team. Ansah, I'm not sure of, but I think he is about 25 and still quite raw in terms of technique, so I doubt the Jags bother to take the time with him. Luke Joeckel and Damontre Moore make the most sense to me. I'm sure Joeckel wouldn't have a problem with playing RT for awhile. It will be the same for him in K.C. Monroe's contract runs out next season. Moore is maybe the youngest player in the draft, (he and DeAndre Hopkins), I'd love to see those two on the team. I don't have a lot of confidence in the Jag's receiving corps, and I don't get the feeling that Caldwell does either.

The wild card here may be Gabbert's forearm injury. It involves nerve damage, and at the time Blaine said it was one of those one in a million fluke injuries. If they're not totally confident that he can recover fully, a quarterback is certainly in play.
Eugene Monroe may be in the final year of his deal, but they do have a full year to try and get an extension done if not they can franchise him. Wouldn't be wise to select a RT at #2 overall when you have as many needs as the Jags do.

There should and likely only will be one offensive player in the conversation for them and that's Geno Smith...but there is a greater chance they select a defensive prospect.

They are sitting in a prime spot to take defensive difference maker, be it a penetrating tackle like Floyd or an edge rusher to play the LEO (Jordan, Ansah, Werner, Moore, Mingo and possibly even Jarvis Jones depending on what they think of his medical). The darkhorse would be Milliner, but he is on the outside looking in. I could also see giving Star a long look if his heart checks out.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.O.O.D View Post
I could also see giving Star a long look if his heart checks out.
His pro day workout is gonna be key. If he doesn't work out March 20 and some vague explanation is put forth, forget the 1st round. This guy is still in alot of mock drafts but his condition is not a joke. He could fall a long way.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote