Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-11-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I think the same thing. Maybe he wasn't giving Cruz an offer thinking he can handle it all and manage for Cruz. That would make sense because of Mara's comments so far regarding the agent. Like I mentioned it reminds me of the Burress situation.

Maybe this happened with Steve Smith. Except Drogba, handled it all and got Smith signed. However, it came with a price because Smith has fell off the planet, lol.

Obviously it's conjecture, but it can happen, if a player let's the agent handle everything. Putting his faith in the agent and business side of things.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we think this means he's more likely to stay. Because with the way things are shaping up....
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tom Condon has a history of working well with the Giants and getting deals done that are fair for both parties. This has to be a positive for us.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
So we think this means he's more likely to stay. Because with the way things are shaping up....
I am thinking it is 50/50 whether Cruz stays or not at this stage.

It is much better than it was before
Old 03-11-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Some quotes about the Cullen Jenkins signing.

The more I read about this signing, the more I really like it. Don't forget Jenkins worked with DL coach Robert Nunn in Green Bay.

John Mara

"As I understand it, even [guard] Chris Snee was very much in favor of signing him because he's been such a tough opponent for him over the years,'' Mara said. "He'll give us a certain toughness on that defensive line."

"He was one of the highest players we had rated from our pro personnel people to our coaches,"

Tom Coughlin

"He has earned the respect of our players, having played against us when he was in Green Bay and against us when he was in Philadelphia. He's a very versatile performer. He can play inside and outside," Coughlin said. "The challenge first and foremost is to stop the run and he's well aware of that - I've spoken to him about it. He also demonstrated outstanding pass rush ability, whether you play him inside or outside. He's a very versatile player that can play in all circumstances and situations. He's athletic, he's quick, he's powerful, he plays with good effort. We're looking forward to having him in a Giant uniform."

Cullen Jenkins

"I look at it as a big challenge, because you see the level of play that they play with, especially being in Philadelphia the last two years," he said. "You see the intensity they play with, the skill - I look at it as a challenge to come in and help them out and be a part of it - not just hide behind, but help them out in any way I can and help the line and the whole defense to be better."

"They had a taste of it two times in five years and the fans expect it. It's not going to come just because you have a team with good players. It has to be something you earn. It's going to take a lot of work, especially on my part, to come in and make sure I'm fitting in with the team. I have to be willing to do whatever they ask of me and help out the best I can," he said.

Justin Tuck

"You're talking about a guy who brings a lot of diversity to the D-line, because he can play pretty much anywhere along the line," said Tuck. "It gives us the opportunity to continue to give teams different looks. He's a big, strong, athletic guy who knows the ropes and knows what it takes to be successful in this league."

"I had the opportunity to talk to him and he's hungry and wants to get back to the top of his game and with his team, as well. After losing Chris, we knew we had to step up and fill that void and I think we did. With the loss of Chris, who was very successful in our scheme, helped us win a championship and played very well for us, obviously, that's a huge hole to fill. Like always, Jerry Reese goes out and he scouts players and he knows what the best fit for our team is. He found another good fit for us."

Last edited by Big_Pete : 03-11-2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: extra info
Old 03-12-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
WPG_Giant
Rookie

WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
The Cowboys released LB Dan Connor, he would be a good option in free agency
per PFT, Connor is visiting the Steelers. Wonder if this indicates a preference to continue his career in a 3-4?

I agree though, would be a nice option at Mike.
WPG_Giant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
WPG_Giant
Rookie

WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WPG_Giant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One option to keep an eye on at LB'er might be Nick Roach from the Bears, I remember a little while back there were rumors that a few teams eyed him as a potential free agent MLB option.
WPG_Giant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Ralph Vacchiano is reporting that Cruz wants #1 WR money

That isn't going to happen here.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Live, in an interview or do you have a link? I want to read that article. It makes sense, if Condon is his new agent. Condon is a big time agent.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FA in an hour!!! Excited to see what Reese comes up with considering how big this offseason and the next are for this franchise.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Ross back to the Giants for more CB depthzzzzz. If it's the minimum I like it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-12-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Ross is back! LOL.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YAY Aaron Ross is back! Yay!
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Live, in an interview or do you have a link? I want to read that article. It makes sense, if Condon is his new agent. Condon is a big time agent.
I found it on kffl.com, I forget where it was originally

It is referenced in this article after a quick google
http://musketfire.com/2013/03/12/new...n-victor-cruz/
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't think this changes anything for us as far as the draft goes. We can still go CB early.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-12-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Ross returning is a good option for both sides. We needed to add CB depth
Old 03-12-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I don't think this changes anything for us as far as the draft goes. We can still go CB early.
It gives us solid depth this year. Both Webster and Ross are the wrong side of 30.

I think CB is still an option for sure
Old 03-12-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

This sucks. I leave work at 4 and won't be home until 5. I'm going to miss the first hour of fun on here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-12-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

He can be a stable veteran at his age. He is probably 40 by now. So he should help at nickel! : )
Old 03-12-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm pretty fan with this. love Ross, glad to see him back. can't hurt
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Btw here are details of Cullen Jenkins dea

3 years/$8m; $2m signing bonus
Salaries: 2013: $1.1m, 2014: $2.45m, 2015: $2.2m

So under $2m against this year's cap, with little risk in future years, plus a decent good value incentive if he performs.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have resigned Ryan Torain.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Martellus Bennett has signed with the Bears
Old 03-12-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

looks like our other top TE options will sign soon as well Delanie Walker (49ers) with Titans and Anthony Fasano (Dolphins) with the Chiefs

Last edited by Big_Pete : 03-12-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
We have resigned Ryan Torain.
I like this as a cheap signing, we could have tendered him, but chose not to, he is likely on the minimum.

But he is young and knows our system, so this is a decent move.