Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-04-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Yeah, abs 6 days a week is totally fine.
whaaat? Come on Rob that sounds like bro science.

I'm just curious how the muscle anatomy changes from my forearms to the abs? They are still muscle fibers, once can't be different from the other.

Also I started using one of those calorie counting apps, scan the bar code, measure in a cup and eat. Its a much easier way than what I used to do. Food scale would be more accurate, but this isn't to bad. But it sucks aaass, at estimating how many calories are burned through exercise. I just need it to keep track of how much i'm eating.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
whaaat? Come on Rob that sounds like bro science.

I'm just curious how the muscle anatomy changes from my forearms to the abs? They are still muscle fibers, once can't be different from the other.
It's not the fact that the muscle fibers are different, it's the fact that abs are generally not trained heavy. If you aren't using any/not that much additional weight, you can go ahead and do an ab routine 6 days a week. You could bench 6 days a week too if you use a weight that you could rep 50+ times.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
It's not the fact that the muscle fibers are different, it's the fact that abs are generally not trained heavy. If you aren't using any/not that much additional weight, you can go ahead and do an ab routine 6 days a week. You could bench 6 days a week too if you use a weight that you could rep 50+ times.
oh okay, like you can do daily body weight exercise. pull, pushup, situp, dips, squat.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
oh okay, like you can do daily body weight exercise. pull, pushup, situp, dips, squat.
Similar, yeah. But abs are even lower impact in most cases.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I just got certified by AFAA as a personal fitness trainer. I'm pretty stoked about it. I'm going to try to make it my new career. I'm posting this here because I love talking fitness and health, and also because I would love to offer my 2 cents to anyone who is looking for ways to improve their health and fitness. Over the last few years I've gone from being a 315lb out of shape dude who spends too much time on the internetz to being a 235lb decently fit dude who spends too much time on the internetz. I figure there's plenty of people here I can identify with, so why not offer my opinions/advise/whatever to anyone who might be interested.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Abs are ok to do pretty much everyday, one of the few things that you can get away with doing that much.

Just ordered the insanity workout...I stay active as it is, but figured I'd try something a little out there...heard crazy things. Anyone here done it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been on a cut cycle for about six weeks. Dropped about 6 lbs and abs are showing.
Pretty stoked. Minus the whole arms shrinking/leaning out. I was proud to say I had 17" arms... now I can't.
Look better though so whatever. Going to continue this cut for while longer.
Still messing with my macros a bit... seeing what works best.
I leaned out the most on protein heavy diet but the lack of carbs/fat was pretty gruesome.
Going to try a bit more variety from here on out.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Ugh. Double unders, I did not miss you. Not one bit. Now my knees/feet hurt.....I really need to get a mat.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've dropped about 30 pounds since January. Sitting at 205 right now, looking to lose about 20 more pounds. Anyone have a suggestion for a great, affordable cutter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I've dropped about 30 pounds since January. Sitting at 205 right now, looking to lose about 20 more pounds. Anyone have a suggestion for a great, affordable cutter?
As in, like, diet pills?

EDIT: You're in Canada. Take ephedra.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yo Rob i remember way back in the day i think in the MMA thread you said you trained boxing and wanted to fight. I was wondering what did your lifting schedule look like when you trained? I am looking to start up BJJ, I would do my college wrestling program but I want to see as many ideas as possible.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yo Rob i remember way back in the day i think in the MMA thread you said you trained boxing and wanted to fight. I was wondering what did your lifting schedule look like when you trained? I am looking to start up BJJ, I would do my college wrestling program but I want to see as many ideas as possible.
Just light stuff, not too much at all. I put on weight really quickly when I lift heavy though, so it was a non starter for me. I'm not going to be cutting a **** load for amateur boxing. eff that.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah looking back at my wrestling career it definetly isnt worth to cut a ridiculous amount of weight it really effects performance.

Also does anyone use a PVC pipe instead of a foam roller? I have been doing it after I work out recently it was definetly better then a foam roller. Does anyone know how much it would cost?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yeah looking back at my wrestling career it definetly isnt worth to cut a ridiculous amount of weight it really effects performance.

Also does anyone use a PVC pipe instead of a foam roller? I have been doing it after I work out recently it was definetly better then a foam roller. Does anyone know how much it would cost?
I've used a pvc pipe (they are really cheap....like under $5 easily). Try a tennis ball as well.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I use a foam roller but have the firmest one you can get. Whatever works though.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

wow thats cheaper then a foam roller to. I have used tennis balls and lacrosse balls before. I tried to use a barbell today and man that was stupid. I should have just stabbed my hamstrings and twisted the knife as I Dragged it down my leg.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I use a foam roller but have the firmest one you can get. Whatever works though.
yeah I have a foam roller but it wears out quickly. A PVC pipe is stronger and i would assume it doesnt wear out as much.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what can you say to crossfit hipsters that think it's the be all end all of workouts?
Old 03-12-2013, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
So what can you say to crossfit hipsters that think it's the be all end all of workouts?
Tell them kipping is applicable to everything.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can you guys recommend a good value Whey Protein brand?
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just started working out again after taking a year and a half off. It's so hard getting back into it. I really wish I haven't stopped, I can't lift half as much as I used to.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Can you guys recommend a good value Whey Protein brand?
I don't think I really matters as long as there is some protein and it's cheap.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:03 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:56 AM    (permalink
HowFly2
Rookie

HowFly2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Any advice for a soon to be college student looking to get stronger in his upper body and trim off his stomach fat?
HowFly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:30 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowFly2 View Post
Any advice for a soon to be college student looking to get stronger in his upper body and trim off his stomach fat?
- Eat more
- Look up Starting Strength
- Perform Starting Strength
- Worry about the fat after you've added some muscle....it will be easier
- If you don't squat, you're a puss