Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2013, 04:05 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Winfield cut, Nnamdi cut today as well

there's a lot of CB's/Safeties that available right now in FA, so I think the Pack must feel good about that 2nd round tender on Shields
That and I think with the depth at CB on the roster and in this draft he feels that if someone really wants to give Sam a deal he can't match, a replacement can be found with that 2nd Rd pick.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Pack are apparently the early leaders for S-Jax, which means they are being used to drive up his price to some other team that wants him lol
Old 03-12-2013, 06:15 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see on PFT that he is close to signing with the Cards but with Walden gone Lorenzo Alexander would be a nice addition. Not sure if he's a starter but has played OLB and ILB for the Skins and seems like a good guy based on his appearances on local radio shows.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Looks like Jennings agent is trying to drive up the Vikes offer.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-greg-jennings
Old 03-12-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An NFL source tells the Green Bay Press-Gazette free agent Greg Jennings could return to the Packers if he hasn't signed with another team by midnight Wednesday.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Jennings has an offer from the Packers and if he signs with nobody by midnight hes coming back to GB.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Back down to earth for Jennings, lol.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are we laughing at Jennings? He's been really good for us.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not... I want Jennings back, hes been a pretty good guy all around for us. Plus he was an early favourite of mine.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 03-12-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want him back, he's a good player and I like him. I just didn't like the way he handled all of this throughout the season.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-12-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I want him back, he's a good player and I like him. I just didn't like the way he handled all of this throughout the season.
How has he handled it poorly?

Old 03-12-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
How has he handled it poorly?
He made it clear that money was the main motive for leaving. Clear that he wasn't planning on staying at all. He seemed bitter at the Packers not offering him the kind of money he thought he was going to receive in FA. And I felt as though he tried to blame us for him not signing, even though he could've signed if he wanted too.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-12-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
He made it clear that money was the main motive for leaving. Clear that he wasn't planning on staying at all. He seemed bitter at the Packers not offering him the kind of money he thought he was going to receive in FA. And I felt as though he tried to blame us for him not signing, even though he could've signed if he wanted too.
I am never going to fault a player for wanting to get paid, especially when the player has achieved and been as important as Greg has during his time here.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Peyton Hillis is visiting GB

Old 03-12-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I am never going to fault a player for wanting to get paid, especially when the player has achieved and been as important as Greg has during his time here.
It's not him wanting to get paid, it was how he handled it.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-12-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
It's not him wanting to get paid, it was how he handled it.
I think you're overreacting to the way it played out. If you felt you were worth a certain value and someone came back and said try again, then you wouldn't just brush it off.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Peyton Hillis is visiting GB
Meh. Would rather spend $ elsewhere.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think you're overreacting to the way it played out. If you felt you were worth a certain value and someone came back and said try again, then you wouldn't just brush it off.
It was a combination of all of those things I listed, not just one. None of them were terrible on Jennings' part, but they added up to me not liking how it unfolded, that is all.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-12-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Rotoworld claims Packers are close to signing Steven Jackson... 3 years 12 million roughly. Just a rumour but guess we shall see.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 03-12-2013, 07:12 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jennings did not show class during this whole "situation". From some of his comments to his sister tweeting things that were obviously put in her head from someone during a game in which he had two TDs and like 8 receptions.

I'm glad to have him back, but I also want him to be served a piece of humble pie. Jennings is not a true #1 reciever.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Rotoworld claims Packers are close to signing Steven Jackson... 3 years 12 million roughly. Just a rumour but guess we shall see.
Dear Lord Baby Jesus please let it happen!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
That would be good get. Don't want to get my hopes up though.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packer beat writers speculating that the Hillis visit is just gamesmanship to get the Jackson camp to agree to their offer or else they are moving on. I hope that's the case.

another possibility is that they might just like Hillis at FB and would let Kuhn go, but who knows

If they do re-sign Jennings, I expect Finley to get cut
Old 03-12-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

I guess Hillis would be an upgrade over Kuhn. Would definitely bring more to the table as a ball carrier. I don't know much about his blitz pickup or receiving skills though.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Packer beat writers speculating that the Hillis visit is just gamesmanship to get the Jackson camp to agree to their offer or else they are moving on. I hope that's the case.

another possibility is that they might just like Hillis at FB and would let Kuhn go, but who knows

If they do re-sign Jennings, I expect Finley to get cut
If Jennings and S. Jackson are signed I would be fine with Finley being cut.

Draft a guy like Mychal Rivera...