Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-12-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure they are going to draft a TE or 2
Old 03-12-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
I'm pretty sure they are going to draft a TE or 2
I tend to agree.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pat Yasinskas ‏@espn_nfcsouth
I'll be shocked if Dashon Goldson gets out of One Buccaneer Place without a signed contract. There's a reason why that's his first visit.

Retweeted by Matt Barrows
https://twitter.com/espn_nfcsouth

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not surprised by Wallace signing with Miami as it seems like it was only the Dolphins going after him. 5 years/$65m contract with $30m guaranteed. The guaranteed amount is $10m more than I would have offered him but $13m a year average isnt bad when you think that Jackson got $11m from Tampa and Harvin is supposed to get $12m. Obviously, I rather have Wallace over both of them so for me, it would have just been the guaranteed money that would have been a turn off. The contract itself can be backloaded for the last two seasons so if he declines by then, team could just cut him since his guaranteed money would most likely have already been paid.

Trading a 6th rounder for Boldin is good but personally, I would have added $1.5m and franchised Goldson for a second year instead of paying Boldin $6m. I like Boldin but I agree with others who say that we need that speed threat opposite Crabtree as im not expecting anything from Jenkins in 2013.

Walker signs with the Titans for 4 years. I'm hoping the team goes after Texans TE/FB James Casey. I think that he'll be cheaper and can play the same role.

Would also like to see us sign WR Joshua Cribbs to be our kick/punt returner.

Other than that, im only worried about FS. Reed has no teams interested in him at all and the 49ers rumors were just a smoke screen since Reed now has the same agent as Baalke and Harbaugh. I think that Reed goes back to the Ravens. Hopefully, we can sign Kenny Phillips or at least veteran Quintin Mikell as a one or two year stopgap.

Dont know about anyone else but I dont like the idea of a rookie FS unless he's the caliber of an Earl Thomas which from what I have read isnt happening.

Losing Jean Francois will suck and I dont like the team just letting him walk. Its a bad move hoping that rookies will come in and play as well as he did behind our starters. NT isnt a big deal because we barely used Sopoaga so starter wise, no biggie. Depth wise, it is a big deal.

The Manningham injury really hurt us and will hurts him too. It's funny, even if Wallace is available as an UFA, im staying with Manningham as my second receiver in my 49ers Madden NFL 13 CCM. Surprised? I am too. LOL. :)
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SF just re-upped their offer to Sean Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with Dan on wanting Cribbs and Reed. Do not want Mikell though. Not at all. I like Phillips but how much can you count on him? Perpetually injured.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm with Dan on wanting Cribbs and Reed. Do not want Mikell though. Not at all. I like Phillips but how much can you count on him? Perpetually injured.
ARZ signed Cribbs

Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
That's never been my point about Walker. What made Walker good was everything he did BESIDES be a receiving threat. Those things are important.
Ehhh...I think the "swiss army knife" angle was kind of overblown in regards to Walker.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
SF just re-upped their offer to Sean Smith
They're really going hard after him. I wonder if that means bye bye Carlos Rogers if he gets a deal done.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
They're really going hard after him. I wonder if that means bye bye Carlos Rogers if he gets a deal done.
Yeah or possibly even Tarell Brown, we would save 3.5 by releasing him. I like him but he's just an OK value at that number.

Quote:

Last edited by Shupp : 03-12-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When the hell is Sean Smith , he worth it ?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Yeah or possibly even Tarell Brown
Tarrell Brown? I don't see why. He was pretty good last season (the most consistent at least) and still has a good amount of years left. I don't think he's making that much money compared to Rogers.

So did anyone see Sean Smith play extensively with the Dolphins? I wonder if he just plays one side of the field or can play the slot or the other side.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where would you find another guy like Walker? an oversized WR that still ran like a WR and blocked good?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Sopoaga signed with PHI just now

Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Charles Woodson is flying in to SF tomorrow to meet

Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Charles Woodson is flying in to SF tomorrow to meet
Shessh . Another old guy ugh.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Shessh . Another old guy ugh.
I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume you don't understand the way free agency works.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dont assume because it makes an.. ahhh youre right

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wondering if Baalke likes Sean Smith so much because he views him as a coverage safety???
Old 03-12-2013, 09:23 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Ehhh...I think the "swiss army knife" angle was kind of overblown in regards to Walker.
He was the most consistently active player in regards to being involved in the run game, pass game, and special teams.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wondering if Baalke likes Sean Smith so much because he views him as a coverage safety???
Baalke likes big CB's.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Baalke likes big CB's.
This is the reason I think Tarell Brown has a small chance at being released.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Very sad to see Delanie Walker go. 4 yrs 17 million, 8 mil guaranteed seems like a number we could have matched.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was about to say I think they are looking at Smith as a FS. I would really like the Dorsey signing if it goes down.

Va-faya posted a highlight of Mark Harrison and the more I watch of him the more I think he could be taught to fill Delaine Walkers role. He has the size and athleticism.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
This is the reason I think Tarell Brown has a small chance at being released.
Wait. Is there really talk of cutting Brown? That would be a stupid, stupid move.