Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-12-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean Smith is on a plane, destination unknown..

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Wait. Is there really talk of cutting Brown? That would be a stupid, stupid move.
No talk at all just connecting dots. If Smith is signed and plays CB then somebody is going to get the axe imo. Brown is due to make 4 million this year, only 500k of which is guaranteed.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
Sean Smith is on a plane, destination unknown..
Not KC. Should be narrowed to PHI or SF....

Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to rotoworld, Brown is making under $3m total after he reached incentives in the last year of his contract. He's listed at 5'10 193 so while he's not big, he's cheap and played well last season. I think that he could be traded though but dont see him being released.

Rogers on the other hand could definitely be released but at the same time, maybe they start Smith opposite Culliver, Rogers in the slot and move Brown to FS?

Is Rogers or Brown even capable of playing FS at a good or better level? Usually veteran corners move to FS to extend their career. Dont really want Woodson as he's injury prone and while Phillips is too, he's also younger and I think he would be cheaper.

However, if we signed Woodson and Smith, then I think Rogers would be the odd man out since Woodson can play the slot. Of course, it would be more like having two SS's instead of a SS and coverage FS.

Oh well, have to wait and see what happens. Hoping Goldson leaves TB without a contract, then maybe we can re-sign him. :)
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the targets of Dorsey and Smith. I do see one of the other CBs (Rogers or Brown) getting cut should they sign Smith.

I figured Woodson would come in for a visit as soon as Goldson peaced out.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:15 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cribbs is going to ARZ or NE. Personally, I dont know why he would want to go to ARZ. He should go at least NE. I think that he would fit in their offense better than ARZ. Far better.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goldson is as good as gone. Time to grip reality.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Dorsey? Is that Glenn Dorsey? If so, UGH. He didnt fit in KC's 3-4 so why would he fit in our 3-4? If its him and we sign him, thats a move I dont understand. Better off keeping Jean Francois.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Yeah, I know but at the same time, I expected him to be signed within the first hour. Almost 8 hours later and he's still in Tampa. And Philly isnt interested in him anymore from what I have read. Just have to wait and see.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Cribbs is an overpaid has-been. He's a horrible fit with the Cardinals with PP there but I'm fine with them wasting money and time on him.

Now, back to Divisional and NFC Champion talk....

Old 03-12-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
He was the most consistently active player in regards to being involved in the run game, pass game, and special teams.
That was a role in the offense designated to someone I think. Before Roman was here, there wasn't any talk of Walker being able to do everything.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Cribbs is an overpaid has-been. He's a horrible fit with the Cardinals with PP there but I'm fine with them wasting money and time on him.

Now, back to Divisional and NFC Champion talk....
Cribbs is FAR better than Ginn which right there makes him worth a few million. I would actually like to see Cribbs in our offense. I think he could be an extra weapon for us.

I do agree that if he goes to ARZ, I dont see the point on either side. Between ARZ and NE, he's better off going to NE.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
According to rotoworld, Brown is making under $3m total after he reached incentives in the last year of his contract. He's listed at 5'10 193 so while he's not big, he's cheap and played well last season. I think that he could be traded though but dont see him being released.

Rogers on the other hand could definitely be released but at the same time, maybe they start Smith opposite Culliver, Rogers in the slot and move Brown to FS?

Is Rogers or Brown even capable of playing FS at a good or better level? Usually veteran corners move to FS to extend their career. Dont really want Woodson as he's injury prone and while Phillips is too, he's also younger and I think he would be cheaper.

However, if we signed Woodson and Smith, then I think Rogers would be the odd man out since Woodson can play the slot. Of course, it would be more like having two SS's instead of a SS and coverage FS.

Oh well, have to wait and see what happens. Hoping Goldson leaves TB without a contract, then maybe we can re-sign him. :)
Brown:
Total salary 3.9
Base: 2.9
Roster Bonus: 500k
Signing bonus: 400k
Workout bonus: 75k

If he's cut all but the signing bonus comes off the books
=3.475

( I believe this is the case but I'm not 100% sure the Roster and Workout bonuses count towards the cap.)

I like Smith, Culliver, Rodgers....Brown is too expensive to play the dime back.

Quote:

Last edited by Shupp : 03-12-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Cribbs is going to ARZ or NE. Personally, I dont know why he would want to go to ARZ. He should go at least NE. I think that he would fit in their offense better than ARZ. Far better.
There was a source that reported that ARZ signed him but not confirmed yet

Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

This is Tarell Brown's last year under contract btw so it's only the 400k penalty to cut him as opposed to Carlos Rodgers which would be a 4.5 million penalty spread out over 3 years I believe.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FWIW Greg Cosell said the 49ers might feel they need an upgrade over Brown. And the 49ers could feel Smith is that guy.

He feels Smith is a good player, big and physical, but not a great player.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
FWIW Greg Cosell said the 49ers might feel they need an upgrade over Brown. And the 49ers could feel Smith is that guy.

Definitely makes sense. Brown is definitely rooting against the Smith signing..lol

Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Damn, Jake Long is in STL taking a physical....freakin division is getting unreal.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dorsey? Is that Glenn Dorsey? If so, UGH. He didnt fit in KC's 3-4 so why would he fit in our 3-4? If its him and we sign him, thats a move I dont understand. Better off keeping Jean Francois.
Nickel is basically the base D in the NFL now. I would assume he'd be a rotational guy with Smith/McDonald in nickel/dime.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

http://ninercaphell.com/carlos-rogers/

Quote:

Last edited by Shupp : 03-12-2013 at 11:06 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Baalke likes big CB's.
Where is this coming from???

The biggest CB Baalke has touched with the 49ers is Chris Culliver. 6'0 199lbs.

All of his CBs are between 5'10"-6", 190-200lbs.

Sean Smith is 6'3" 220.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cribbs is FAR better than Ginn which right there makes him worth a few million.
This is irrelevant considering Cribbs won't be a 49er but where does that opinion come from other than memories of times gone by?

Ginn only had 5 fewer catches than Cribbs last season. Ginn has 3 times more return TDs the last 3 season, also.

The only thing Cribbs is obviously better than Ginn is on kick coverage, where Cribbs excels and Ginn doesn't play.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

My thing, if your going to roll the dice on a good but not great DB, why do it on a UFA who's looking to get paid...and most likely will? This is so unlike Baalke, I cant really believe it. Honestly, I'd rather he'd look at Huff. At least Huff, who is just as talented but just as inconsistent, is more versatile. He can play CB or safety and would cost a third of what Smith would. If your going for young but inconsistent talent, why over pay for it?
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:51 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where is this coming from???

The biggest CB Baalke has touched with the 49ers is Chris Culliver. 6'0 199lbs.

All of his CBs are between 5'10"-6", 190-200lbs.

Sean Smith is 6'3" 220.
Cox is 6-0 190. Rogers is 6-0 192. I guess i should say "tall" as 6 feet is generally a little tall for CB's, but its whatever.

Brown and Brock were inherited. Brock has barely played CB for us since week 2 of 2011.

He definitely doesn't like spending premium cash or picks on guys smaller than 6-0.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:27 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is irrelevant considering Cribbs won't be a 49er but where does that opinion come from other than memories of times gone by?

Ginn only had 5 fewer catches than Cribbs last season. Ginn has 3 times more return TDs the last 3 season, also.

The only thing Cribbs is obviously better than Ginn is on kick coverage, where Cribbs excels and Ginn doesn't play.
Cribbs has 34 career fumbles.... End of discussion

Eric Branch was going off on him on Twitter the other day