Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum

Jacksonville Jaguars Team Forum Discuss the Jaguars

Old 03-06-2013, 03:01 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cameron Bradfield. What do we think? Is he the RT of the future? Or could they take Joeckel/Fisher and move Monroe to RT.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:12 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Cameron Bradfield. What do we think? Is he the RT of the future? Or could they take Joeckel/Fisher and move Monroe to RT.
They could take Joeckel or Fisher, but that wouldn't mean Monroe has to move to the right side. He was a pretty high draft pick himself, and is playing the position at a high level at this point in his career. Best hope for the Jags is that a team behind them in the draft wants Joeckel/Fisher badly. Or one of the quarterbacks. Some stirring of interest from Philadelphia and Oakland in Geno Smith. They draft right behind Jacksonville. If they have a serious interest in him, or another team further down the list (Cleveland, Arizona, Buffalo) does, someone going to have to trade up to the #2 postion at least to guarantee getting him. Probably a 50/50 proposition that a team would want to move up for one of the quarterbacks or one of the OT. Lane Johnson probably figures in the discussion as well.

Given how much sense it makes for Jax to trade back for additional selections, the fact that there are 30 teams behind them in the draft, and the fact that some of those teams have multiple extra picks already, I think the chances of one of them being willing to pay a price to move up is fairly decent. Even though there is no obvious target at the top end of the draft. Different teams have different needs and different priorities. Along with different views of certain prospects.
raphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

Just to continue the thought here, this is what I would try if I was running the draft for the Jags.

1. Trade back, at least once. I know that is easier said than done, but if you are prepared to throw the draft value chart out the window, (which the Jags should be prepared to do), then it can be done. With the new rookie salary structure, a team drafting #2 overall gets a guaranteed starter for the next four years at an average of $5 million per year in salary. That is well below league average for starters at most positions. Since the Jags are in rebuild mode, getting future picks as part of a trade package is acceptable as well. When you're willing to do that, a lot more trade opportunities open up. Contenders aren't concerned about a pick a year or two in the future who won't make an impact for another year or two beyond that point.

2. Draft young players who may have more upside as opposed to 23 or 24 year olds who might help sooner but won't improve as much with time. Dave Caldwell has a pretty ironclad five year mandate to make the team a winner.

3. Auction off the first pick on day two, and the first pick on day three to the highest bidder. In each case, other teams will have had a night to consider what they have in the draft and what they need and know exactly who is going to be available first thing the following morning. I would like to see the Jags get at least three or four extra picks in this draft and possibly a couple of futures.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:18 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

Some possible trade market shaping up for the Jaguar's top pick with the release of Ryan Fitzpatrick in Buffalo. Means the Bills are more than likely going quarterback with their top draft pick. They are sitting at #8 overall, I think, behind Arizona and Cleveland who also figure to be in the quarterback market. Still a long shot, but looking more positive.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

mock draft:

1. dion jordan - olb/de

2. jonathan banks - cb

3. barrett jones - c

4. terron amrstead - ot

5. landry jones - qb

6. mike gillieslee - rb

7. jasper collins - wr
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:22 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacksonville hit home runs with the first 3 picks. Joeckel is a stud, Cyprien will be a very good player, and Gratz was underrated through this whole process. The Jags definitely went with speed over size. Ace Sanders is much too small (see: Dexter McCluster). Denard Robinson is, of course, very interesting. He has more size but learning routes and how to catch seem to dictate a move to RB to me. But I digress.

B.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The jags should start Rodgers........just saying as a vandy fan

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to be making and posting mocks at certain points throughout the season and offseason, mainly just for me to be able to see what my thoughts about our roster needs were and how they change. And I figure I might as well post them on DC because our team site needs a shot in the arm.

2015 Jaguars Mock Draft (Written 8/27/14)

1. Vic Beasley, LEO, Clemson 6’2” 235
Beasley is a great fit as a pass rusher in this defense. Simple enough.

2. Denzel Perryman, MLB 5’11” 242
Poz is a great leader and has a nose for the ball as a tackler, but this gives the defense a real playmaker at the position. Not to mention Poz is old and expensive and a bit overrated in my opinion.

3. Hroniss Grasu, C, Oregon 6’3” 297

Monumental need and it’s easy to see why Caldwell tried so hard to get Alex Mack. The cupboard is bare at center.

4. Clive Walford, TE, Miami 6’4” 263

Everyone knows about the Seattle-to-Jacksonville pipeline on defense, but we’re also starting to see a UM stream on the offensive side. Jedd Fisch coached Stephen Morris, Allen Hurns, and Brandon Linder. He also coached Walford and maybe even recruited him. 2015 is the perfect year to draft Marcedes’ replacement, given that he’ll be a 32 year old free agent in 2016. Plus the depth right now is just scary. Brandon Barden is about to steal a roster spot from someone else at another position because we simply need a 3rd TE behind Lewis and Clay Harbor.

5. Jalston Fowler, FB, Alabama 6’ 250

This pick is just me being sick of having nothing at FB. Lonnie Pryor got plucked off our practice squad and now we have 2 bigger FBs in Ta’ufo’u and Ewing, but neither are effective. It may seem like a luxury pick, especially for a team that will only be in year 3 of rebuilding and regutting, but if we’re going to use a fullback enough to have one on the roster, make it a good one.

6. Jeffrey Whitaker, DT, Auburn 6’3” 322

Roy Miller has been good this preseason but he was a disappointment in 2013. Regardless, he’ll be a free agent in 2015, and NT is the one spot we didn’t reinforce in 2014. I know nothing about this guy except he’s a big boy.

7. Torrian Wilson, OG, UCF 6’3” 305

Just Oline depth. He protected Blake’s blindside at UCF, so whatever.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jameis Winston is a rapist scumbag with a noodle arm.