Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-13-2013, 07:47 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No suggestions for Protein?

:(
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Can you guys recommend a good value Whey Protein brand?

1. Why does it have to be just whey?
2. What are you looking for? Cheap, nutrition, baking/cooking, protein concoctions, just for shakes on it own, mixed with other things in a shake, etc.
3. Do you want a standard flavor or something a little different?
Old 03-13-2013, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
2. What are you looking for? Cheap, nutrition, baking/cooking, protein concoctions, just for shakes on it own, mixed with other things in a shake, etc.
Gtfo bro, nobody asked you.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I guess I just don't know enough about it.

1. It doesn't. I just thought that it's the best option. I just bought Whey at GNC before. And it's expensive. I mean, I stretched it out, but I really prefer to take it more often then 4 times per week.

2. I'm looking for affordable shakes and maybe protein bars. I've researched some cheap options, but they seem shady with mixed reviews. I don't trust unknown brands really. Who knows what they put in there?

3. I prefer some flavors over others (strawberry/banana is pure awesomeness), but honestly I like them all. If it makes a difference in a price or quality, then I can go with standard.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GNC is expensive as hell. Go to Bodybuilding.com, search whey protein then cycle through by price. You'll find some good deals there with quick shipping. I usually get the package the next day with standard shipping.
I only hit up GNC during Gold Card weeks. Or if I'm being impatient.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
GNC is expensive as hell. Go to Bodybuilding.com, search whey protein then cycle through by price. You'll find some good deals there with quick shipping. I usually get the package the next day with standard shipping.
I only hit up GNC during Gold Card weeks. Or if I'm being impatient.
Reputable companies
Gaspari
Dymatize (not guaranteed to mix well all the time)
Optimum Nutrition
AllMax
Xtreme Formulations (watery)
Scivation (watery)
Nature's Best
BSN

I haven't tried ON's protein, but it's pretty reputable.

Shake >>> Bar. You can do a lot with protein powder (Scivation sludge, DIY protein bar etc).

Whey concentrate/isolate post workout (isolate is more expensive).
Casein/MRP for pre-bed shakes .
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ON whey is the only protein I've ever used.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Body building is the only place worth buying protein from. Cheap and they have been voted the best protein for a few years running now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob does a great job with his input in this thread. You all should take notice.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Rob does a great job with his input in this thread. You all should take notice.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gettig to that point where I take my iPad for boring cardio. Just dont have energy for circuits post full workout.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Gettig to that point where I take my iPad for boring cardio. Just dont have energy for circuits post full workout.
Start jumping rope. You can do it at your house while watching tv.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jumping rope may very well be one of the most underrated and forgotten workouts there are.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Jumping rope may very well be one of the most underrated and forgotten workouts there are.
Plus, it can easily get you laid if you're good at it. I don't know why, but it does.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:49 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Plus, it can easily get you laid if you're good at it. I don't know why, but it does.
Ummm yeah it has definitely made girls initiate conversations with me so...yes I agree.

Quote:
Old 03-15-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jumping rope is amazing. It's good cardio, it's a plyometric exercise, and I read one study several years ago that found that it increases bone density better than just about anything else you can possibly do.

And it gets you laid.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:09 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

I need a jumprope. Done.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I need a jumprope. Done.
The best (affordable) JR in all the land: https://www.buyjumpropes.net/Cable_F...ump%20rope.htm

Definitely will get you laid. If the girl asks you if you box, say yes.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
The best (affordable) JR in all the land: https://www.buyjumpropes.net/Cable_F...ump%20rope.htm

Definitely will get you laid. If the girl asks you if you box, say yes.
****, but what color...?

Old 03-15-2013, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
****, but what color...?
Mine is purple, which is awesome.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Mine is purple, which is awesome.
I was leaning yellow. Says strictly indoors jump rope, not sure how I feel. Either way, getting one tomorrow. Now next q, what jumprope workout should I do?

Old 03-15-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I was leaning yellow. Says strictly indoors jump rope, not sure how I feel. Either way, getting one tomorrow. Now next q, what jumprope workout should I do?
At this point, just learn how to jump without looking like a complete dufus. It will take a while. I found it helps people to shoot for a certain number of jumps in a row or just do 3 minute rounds. It will be hard at the beginning though. Once you get good, you can do HIIT and some other cool stuff.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:57 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Went to the gym at 7 a.m. today. More energized and focused than I usually am. Might stick to the morning grind on the weekends. Frees up my day.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Went to the gym at 7 a.m. today. More energized and focused than I usually am. Might stick to the morning grind on the weekends. Frees up my day.
I'm a night owl. Lazy as **** in the mornings. Lift at night. Whatever works for you!

I put up a 1RM with the 130lbs dumbbells on the bench press. I felt like a beast afterwards :)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I'm a night owl. Lazy as **** in the mornings. Lift at night. Whatever works for you!

I put up a 1RM with the 130lbs dumbbells on the bench press. I felt like a beast afterwards :)
Nice. My old gym didn't go over 100 and my new gym stops at 50. Super lame. I'd switch my current gym, but a membership in NYC is like $90/month and the one in my building is free.