Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Is the Niners-Seahawks rivarly going to be the new BAL-PIT?

Just throwing it out there. It seems like these two franchises are building teams that will be in contention for years to come and they probably have the two best defenses in the league. With Baltimore and Pittsburgh both going through rebuilding on defense and more reliant on their passing attacks than in the past, I feel like that rivarly is no longer the best hard-nosed defensive showcase. We'll have to wait and see what games they give us in the future, but this seems like it could become one of the nastiest rivarlies in the league real quick. These games could become real bloodbaths, especially by todays standards.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

There have been all sorts of teams that looked like they were going to be the next big thing, though. To predict a rivalry for "years and years" is really going out on a limb.
raphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:45 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think the seahawks and niners being co-favorites for the superbowl is a bit pre mature....thats banking on kaepernick and wilson not regressing at all which is possible, but weve seen time and time again when a guy lights it up as a young player but has a sort of down year the following year and fails to even touch the expectations they set for themselves.

Wilson is a good QB and he got real hot last year, but i dont think that makes him a lock for superstardom for the foreseeable future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baltimore-Pits wasn't even that great of a rivalry for me. When Ben was healthy it was mostly a one sided affair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, it's that entire division that's on the rise, not just Seattle and SF.
People are already forgetting the Rams have two first round picks this year AND next. They beat the 49ers in 2012.

There are going to be some major battles happening in the NFCW for almost a decade.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Meh, it's that entire division that's on the rise, not just Seattle and SF.
People are already forgetting the Rams have two first round picks this year AND next. They beat the 49ers in 2012.

There are going to be some major battles happening in the NFCW for almost a decade.
Good point. The Rams were 2-1-1 against Seattle and San Fran., not sure they're quaking in their boots over any dominance looking down the road. The Hawks and Niners are in contention now but it can change real quick.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams need to move back to Los Angeles and make it a real rivalry again.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San Fran was really hoping to get that ring this year. There is no certainty of making the playoffs with that division getting more and more competitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking the same thing when the Boldin and Harvin trades were made, but I'm not sure I'd anoint these teams the next big rivalry. There headed there, certainly, but there's no guarantees in football.

I expect to see some regression from Russell Wilson and I think the team overpaid for Harvin. Lynch will keep the team competitive, and we'll see how good their defense is without Gus Bradley as DC.

As for the Niners, their defense looked really average when Justin Smith was out, and he's an old guy. Their secondary is garbage too, and the pass rush they had masked that deficiency in the past.

I'm excited about the Rams as well. I've always loved Jeff Fisher as a coach who can get the most out of his players; the Rams had success against the Hawks/Niners this year; and they'll have plenty of chances to stockpile talent so long as they draft wisely (which looks good going on last year's draft). Maybe the Rams would become the Bengals of this rivalry...

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFL is entering an era where the cap dollars will be staying pretty stagnant maybe for the next decade. That will likely result in teams not being able to build a dynasty that can last more than a couple of years. We are already seeing the effects on teams that were near their cap limit when a large portion of their starters reached FA all at once and it isn't pretty.

Seattle and San Fran were basically young teams with a lot of draft picks still on their rookie contracts, that means in the near future when these players reach FA, a potential boatload of talent could be lost all at once.
It looks to me that a trend may develop where younger teams build for a relatively short period where they make a successful run at a Super Bowl Championship only to be dismantled shortly after.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know good a rivalry it turns into in terms of outcomes but it will definitely be 2 games a year that I will be very interested in watching.

I was really hoping to see it in the NFC championship last year.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good topic!
This matchup/rivalry looks JUICY!!!
I cannot wait for these 2 to play.... I hope they open the season against each other on the 2nd half of the Monday Night Football doubleheader.

Play it in Seattle.

2 great young QBs..... 2 physical running games and defenses.
1 loud crowd.

Both teams could go 12-4 or better next year without a lot of injuriezzzz.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think there has ever been a season where division rivals had both their games on National TV.

If that's possible, they should put both games on National TV.

If not, I expect the game in Seattle to be MNF, maybe in Week 2. And then the game @ SF will be a standard W17 game.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:01 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny thing is next season this is 49ers and Hawks, but don't sleep on the Rams in two seasons. They will be deep with some really good players all over the place.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:04 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted to say eff no, but I guess I could even see the NFC West turning into the AFC North with StL always on the cusp of catching up and Arizona always rebuilding like the Bengals and Browns, respectively.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its a great point that the Rams should be entering the mix. I dont see them contending for the West this year, but they are moving in the right direction. They have some excellent pieces in Bradford, Chris Long, Laurinitis, Janoris Jenkins, Finnegan, Givens, Richardson....Also, in terms of value the trade-down they made last year was one of the best Ive ever seen in terms of value. Of course RG3 turned out to be the real deal, but the Rams didnt need a QB and they set themselves up with a lot of picks for the upcoming years and should be able to build a great base of talent. Fisher is a good coach, and they are def a team on the rise.

But as far as SEA-SF, I see both these teams as contenders, and I dont see anything fluky about their success. I think it will be sustained. Both QBs I think are much more than just runners operating an option offense. Regardless of whether or not the option offense remains effective in the NFL, I think these guys both have brighthey are both natural throwers, hard workers, born leaders.

As far as the general talent on both teams moving forward...The 49ers already have a lot of their best players locked up in long term deals. If they woulda kept Goldson, they woulda had all the key guys on their D locked up. They arent spending big bucks in FA because they know they will be spending their money keeping their talent in house. They know they need to extend their OL, and in a couple years guys like Aldon Smith, Crabtree and Kaep will need extensions as well, but the 49ers should have the cap room to keep em. Also, they have tons of draft picks, so should have no problem continuing to bring in a stream of young talent.

The Seahawks are a very young team, with a lot of guys with foreseeable future years on rookie contracts. I dont see them fading anytime soon.

Also of importance, they both have good, forward-thinking coaches that players respond to. Both SEA and SF are suddenly top FA destinations, with guys who want to play for contenders being willing to take less money to play for them, which really makes a big difference,

Zonas not that bad either, some very good pieces defensively there, and if they can just get the OL and QB situation figured out, the offense can be good seeing as they have a future HOF receiver still in his prime.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:00 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Rams absolutely will be contending in the West this year. They had a huge turnaround last year, and have a lot of momentum. While they haven't made the huge splash in FA that Seattle and San Francisco have, I think they are building a strong core of talent that is every bit as strong as their counterparts. Bradford is due for a breakout year. Our defense is very strong and getting better. I see us finishing with 10-11 wins. While that doesn't necessarily put us in the driver's seat, it certainly puts us in the running.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
I think the Rams absolutely will be contending in the West this year. They had a huge turnaround last year, and have a lot of momentum. While they haven't made the huge splash in FA that Seattle and San Francisco have, I think they are building a strong core of talent that is every bit as strong as their counterparts. Bradford is due for a breakout year. Our defense is very strong and getting better. I see us finishing with 10-11 wins. While that doesn't necessarily put us in the driver's seat, it certainly puts us in the running.

People are sleeping on the Rams. They need maybe a couple more playmakers on offense and a few pieces upfront to solidify that Oline, and automatically they're one of the best young talented teams in the NFL.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:59 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
SF hasn't really made a "splash". They signed Glenn Dorsey, Dan Skuta, and Craig Dahl (cue the lol's). The total contract values of all 3 combined (about 15-16M) are less than Jared Cook's guaranteed money. I would say the Rams made a bigger splash in FA, at least financially.

The only big splash was Boldin. I'm excited about adding him. And i wouldn't mind Nnamdi or Woodson either but tbh i would rather start fresh in the draft.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^

I'd give a slight off season advantage to Seattle but that could dissipate with the Rams and the Niners having a lot of picks. Even with all the moves i don't see the Cardinals getting any better.

Last edited by Babylon : 03-17-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd430 View Post
and we'll see how good their defense is without Gus Bradley as DC.
Gus is a great coach, but Pete has always had the final say in defensive play calling...all the way back to his days at SC. The new DC and him will call plays together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
SF hasn't really made a "splash". They signed Glenn Dorsey, Dan Skuta, and Craig Dahl (cue the lol's). The total contract values of all 3 combined (about 15-16M) are less than Jared Cook's guaranteed money. I would say the Rams made a bigger splash in FA, at least financially.

The only big splash was Boldin. I'm excited about adding him. And i wouldn't mind Nnamdi or Woodson either but tbh i would rather start fresh in the draft.
Well the Niners offseason started off with a bang when they got all those picks for Alex Smith. Since then, Im not really feeling it, but there is still plenty of time for them to change it. They let Dashon Goldson go, huge mistake IMO. But if they sign the right guy to replace him, my mind could be changed. As of now, theyve signed Craig Dahl, and it would be a massive mistake to start him at FS. If hes there for special teams and backup/special package purposes thats fine. Niners should be going hard after Ed Reed, who would be the missing piece to make this one of the best defenses ever. If they sign Namdhi, I think that could work out quite well. C Wood would be a nice addition. Glenn Dorsey I like the signing, but it depends what theyre planning on doing with him. Making a him a 3-4 NT would be a mistake IMO. But of course the draft will be a big deal. The 49ers can add a lot of talent there, as can the Rams. The Seahawks wont have much to work with on draft day, but they have insane talent on the roster so theyll be OK.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:32 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy Picks View Post
Well the Niners offseason started off with a bang when they got all those picks for Alex Smith. Since then, Im not really feeling it, but there is still plenty of time for them to change it. They let Dashon Goldson go, huge mistake IMO. But if they sign the right guy to replace him, my mind could be changed. As of now, theyve signed Craig Dahl, and it would be a massive mistake to start him at FS. If hes there for special teams and backup/special package purposes thats fine. Niners should be going hard after Ed Reed, who would be the missing piece to make this one of the best defenses ever. If they sign Namdhi, I think that could work out quite well. C Wood would be a nice addition. Glenn Dorsey I like the signing, but it depends what theyre planning on doing with him. Making a him a 3-4 NT would be a mistake IMO. But of course the draft will be a big deal. The 49ers can add a lot of talent there, as can the Rams. The Seahawks wont have much to work with on draft day, but they have insane talent on the roster so theyll be OK.
I'm not too worried about most of the FA's we let go. They are 2nd and 3rd tier players and we've had no problem replacing a similar tier of players in the 2011 and 2012 offseasons with upgrades from the draft, low-cost FA, and players already on the team.

I do think losing Goldson was a blow but i realize there are financial implications alongside the talent. Can't sign everybody and probably not a smart thing to give a giant deal to a soon to be 29 year old FS. Although i think he will at least have immediate success with Tampa and they had the cap room to fit him.

As for the roles of the FA's, Dorsey is the 1-gap NT in a similar mold to Ratliff (what i'm reading from the 49ers brass/beat writers), Skuta is a ST ace, and Dahl is a backup/STer who will compete for the starting job with a rookie. And Boldin will start opposite Crabtree.

Its all about the draft though, so its tough to get a good look either way. Baalke always addresses needs so we'll get a S and CB among others no question, its just a question if the players filling those needs are good or not (which is an obvious concern). FA for SF is a big "meh" so far, but the top goal was not to overspend and preserve the cap for the future.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 03-18-2013 at 02:35 AM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

F your QB!

Old 03-18-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

295 i'm not impressed

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote