Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-13-2013, 08:09 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
MeAngelo has a bad rep for how he acts on the field but he's actually a super chill dude, very generous.

Huff is the better option because he's cheaper and has experience at the position but I'd welcome either. Too bad we don't have an extra 10mil in cap space due to the idiot tagging of Spencer.
Well honestly I think we only care about how he acts on the field and not off the field.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Lets go somewhere else with MeAngelo. I don't like him personally but as you say that doesn't count for anything and I agree.

He isn't a free safety.

He cannot tackle.

I repeat he cannot tackle.

MeAngelo, and the Skins, cannot tackle.

If you hated watching Vaccaro you will die laughing when watching MeAngelo at FS. Watch the angles he takes in any of the clips. Add in the fact he struggles to tackle effectively. Dash in with a little bit of undersized and we have ourselves Alan Ball 0.5 (even Alan Ball could tackle).
This is just quite laughable.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
According to sources, the Cowboys have some interest in Chicago defensive end Amobi Okoye, New York Giants linebacker Chase Blackburn and New York Jets guard Matt Slauson.
Interesting names. We wanted Slauson last season via trade but it fell through so that's not shocking. Okoye would be a Marinelli guy so I'll reserve judgment. I don't see him as a defensive end that's for sure. Blackburn is another guy we had interest in but it materialized in the form of Dan Connor instead.

I'd be fine with Blackburn at a close to minimum contract which is the exact same the Giants have offered him.

Expect to see Ernie Sims to get name dropped eventually as well although that can probably wait until after the draft. Another name to toss around would be Laurent Robinson if his pay level comes back down to Earth. He was waived by the Jags and unless he gets a ton of offers I imagine his going rate will be low. Not sure it'll be low enough for us to bite though.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^^ interesting I saw that we might have interest in bringing Kevin Burnett back as well. Maybe this is a sign that a Romo extension is on the horizon.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Expect to see Ernie Sims to get name dropped eventually as well although that can probably wait until after the draft. Another name to toss around would be Laurent Robinson if his pay level comes back down to Earth. He was waived by the Jags and unless he gets a ton of offers I imagine his going rate will be low. Not sure it'll be low enough for us to bite though.
i was talking to some jags fans on their board a month ago and i asked what would be the chance they cut laurent robinson, the most insightful reply was if they do cut robinson it will probably mean he's being forced to retire after he had 3 concussion this past year. if they thought he could play they wouldn't be so willing to eat all the dead money

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 03-13-2013 at 11:47 AM.
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Robinson had 4 concussions last year. Talk about mush brain

Old 03-13-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lets go somewhere else with MeAngelo. I don't like him personally but as you say that doesn't count for anything and I agree.

He isn't a free safety.

He cannot tackle.

I repeat he cannot tackle.

MeAngelo, and the Skins, cannot tackle.

If you hated watching Vaccaro you will die laughing when watching MeAngelo at FS. Watch the angles he takes in any of the clips. Add in the fact he struggles to tackle effectively. Dash in with a little bit of undersized and we have ourselves Alan Ball 0.5 (even Alan Ball could tackle).
Those are funny, but also pretty inaccurate. DeAngelo has always been a good tackler and he's still a great talent.

As I mentioned, the big question is desire. Those plays specifically looked to be plays where he could care less which is scary.

But thinking back to Cowboys vs Skins last year, he made plays. He can still be as good as he wants to be
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Well honestly I think we only care about how he acts on the field and not off the field.
Do you really though? No one cared how T.O. Acted because he produced.

If DeAngelo played to his capabilities, no one would mind.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
Do you really though? No one cared how T.O. Acted because he produced.

If DeAngelo played to his capabilities, no one would mind.
I DO...I hated TO. I hated the fact we signed him and then he ended up being a cancer that we released. DHall is past his prime.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I DO...I hated TO. I hated the fact we signed him and then he ended up being a cancer that we released. DHall is past his prime.
I hated T.O. But 38 TD's in 3 years made me forget a lot of things...

Roy Williams on the other hand..

It's all about production.

I agree Hall is past his prime, and Im not trying to make a strong argument in favor of signing him, but as a rumor I thought it was interesting and had some positives about it.

Would really narrow down the focus in the draft, put a veteran presence at a position of need, and it's a guy who still has talent but the question is motivation.

I'd still rather have Cyprien over Huff or DeAngelo, but I also wouldn't hate their acquisitions in the way I hated the additions of Connor and Bernadeau last year, who I thought were complete wastes of money.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't think we make that decision until after the draft. If Vacarro or Cyprien fall into our laps we will probably sign a mid level FA that could start in a pinch. If we wait until the 3/4 round to grab someone like Duke or Thomas we might get into signing the best available stop gap left in FA in anticipation of a larger learning curve. Plus at this moment we have no money to spend until Romo gets extended or the team decides to sign Spencer long term ( which I hope they don't).
Old 03-13-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
I honestly don't think we make that decision until after the draft. If Vacarro or Cyprien fall into our laps we will probably sign a mid level FA that could start in a pinch. If we wait until the 3/4 round to grab someone like Duke or Thomas we might get into signing the best available stop gap left in FA in anticipation of a larger learning curve. Plus at this moment we have no money to spend until Romo gets extended or the team decides to sign Spencer long term ( which I hope they don't).
It's still early and more FA signings could change the draft landscape but I've read a few articles that suggest Dallas would need to move in front of STL to get Vacarro.

Most think he won't make it to 18.

I'd take Cyprien at 18 if that's the case. I'm also assuming Sheldon Richardson and both Cooper&Warmack are gone at that point, otherwise I'd have to consider them as well.

Any of those 5 guys would be a great addition to the team though. Richardson is athletic enough to play LDE and DT. Would offer a lot of versatility to the DL.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Interesting enough I've seen some reports that the Bucs are high on Vaccaro and wouldn't mind pulling trigger at #13 to pair him with Barron. I think 18 is too rich of a pick for Cyprien but I know you are high on him. I don't think we need to rehash another three page discussion about where he should go.

It will be interesting both guards, Vaccaro and Richardson are gone by the time they are on the clock. I could see them going with Berlin Wall as a long term option at LE behind Spencer. I also wouldn't sleep on one of the wideouts being an option if Jerry doesn't look for a trade down.

I just hope we don't trade up, there are plenty of good prospects I the top 100 that could help the team now.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cyprien has a super cool name and made a name for himself at the Senior Bowl but is everyone evaluating him correctly? A 1st round suggestion seems to be based on too much hype.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Cyprien has a super cool name and made a name for himself at the Senior Bowl but is everyone evaluating him correctly? A 1st round suggestion seems to be based on too much hype.
I see him as a top 50 pick. SS by trade with the potential to shift over to FS In the right scheme. I like him but am not in love like Drewy, I'm pretty sure Broaddus is high on him as well.

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 03-13-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BREAKING: #Cowboys have decided to cut Marcus Spears, per source. @toddarcher story filed to ESPN: http://espn.go.com/dallas

Hopefully Free is next

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
BREAKING: #Cowboys have decided to cut Marcus Spears, per source. @toddarcher story filed to ESPN: http://espn.go.com/dallas

Hopefully Free is next
Peace out Marcus. Good locker room guy, below average player.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post

Hopefully Free is next
Been highly critical of him during his career, but we've finally moved to the scheme that fits him best and we cut him. mmk. *shrugs*

This team has difficulty sometimes knowing when to keep and when to dump players.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Been highly critical of him during his career, but we've finally moved to the scheme that fits him best and we cut him. mmk. *shrugs*

This team has difficulty sometimes knowing when to keep and when to dump players.
BLAH! Average at best

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

either they're bringing in younger player like okoye to replace him or they feel good about lissemore being the primary backup at nose tackle

otherwise i don't see the point in dumping him, his departure doesn't save any significant amount of cap room
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm with you, meh on releasing Spears but I kinda wanted to see how he played the 1-tech in a 4-3. Always thought he'd be better suited there instead of a 5-tech in the 3-4. We actually talked about it a lot here, I know BBD wanted to see him in that role too.

But TBH it's probably 4-5 years too late anyway, we'll never know.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 03-13-2013 at 05:18 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
either they're bringing in younger player like okoye to replace him or they feel good about lissemore being the primary backup at nose tackle

otherwise i don't see the point in dumping him, his departure doesn't save any significant amount of cap room
doesn't save any cap room right now, he was designated a June 1st cut.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
I definitely had him as a late first round guy before the senior bowl and combine after Josh Norris brought him to my attention.

Standing out at the senior bowl, looking great at the combine, and running a 4.5 40 was really just frosting on the cake for me.

I know both Norris and Matt Miller have Cyprien and Vacarro going in the 1st right now.

Take a good, hard look at him and you'll see what the hype is about. Thick, powerful build with great functional speed and range. Big hitter. Ball skills.

The guy is the total package and would be a no brainier if not for playing at FIU.

As I've said before, the one thing that Vacarro & Elam have over him is versatility because they have so much experience in the slot. However, I doubt the Cowboys will be asking the safeties to drop down into slot in Kiffin's scheme.

That's not to say Cyprien can't be just as effective in coverage either. He doesn't have the experience in man coverage but his range is outstanding, especially when you consider his size.

Plus, the whole idea is that Carter & Lee are athletic enough to play the TE with safety help over the top. This scheme isn't typically going to be set up for the safeties to match up 1 on 1 with TE's.

Last edited by DrewyVuitton : 03-13-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Interesting enough I've seen some reports that the Bucs are high on Vaccaro and wouldn't mind pulling trigger at #13 to pair him with Barron. I think 18 is too rich of a pick for Cyprien but I know you are high on him. I don't think we need to rehash another three page discussion about where he should go.

It will be interesting both guards, Vaccaro and Richardson are gone by the time they are on the clock. I could see them going with Berlin Wall as a long term option at LE behind Spencer. I also wouldn't sleep on one of the wideouts being an option if Jerry doesn't look for a trade down.

I just hope we don't trade up, there are plenty of good prospects I the top 100 that could help the team now.
Bucs signed Goldson to pair with Barron. I've seen it said by multiple people today that they now believe the Bucs are neck and neck with Seattle for best safety tandem in the league.

I really like what Tampa is doing on both sides of the ball. It pretty much all hinges on Freeman at this point. They've put together a really nice squad with a good mix of youth & vets.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:

In fairness to the team, Spears was given an opportunity to 1-gap with Wade and Ryan, which was supposed to benefit him as opposed to Parcells 2-gaping and he still sucked. I just don't think he was ever a good player. Tarzan/Jane guy.