Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-13-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else think we might grab a QB in the draft since Hasselbeck is kinda getting up there in age and well...I don't trust Rusty either.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Where is this poop you speak of and when do we feast on its corny goodness?
Oh, you nasty.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Anyone else think we might grab a QB in the draft since Hasselbeck is kinda getting up there in age and well...I don't trust Rusty either.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
I've wondered that myself. Kind depends on where we go with Matt at this point I guess. Personally I at least want someone to compete against Rusty. I haven't paid attention to these QB's, so I have no idea what to look for in mid to late rounds.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:55 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You post your boy, I'll post mine!

Maybe not at QB though.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Other than Bennett, what "big" DE's are out there (going by talk of us wanting a big DE for the rotation). I would have liked Willy Hayes back, but Fisher loves his guys and resigned him. I've always had a secret crush for Wallace Gilberry, but he's been signed too :-(

Maybe Isreal Idonije? I've always liked what I've seen of him. He's 32, had decent stats last year...makes you wonder what he's worth and what he'll want.

Daryl Tapp's career has apparently been heading south.

How bout Turkey McBride!?!? Is he just wasting away in Orleans? Or does he suck?

Or there's Shawnroids Merriman...who isn't the same guy w/o the roids part.

Who could they be looking at before the draft? At this point, I say do anything to get Ziggy A!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:44 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I just don't think we're going to sign any FA defensive ends. At least not until after the draft.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing it's DE or OG for us in Round 1 now, but after meeting with him at the combine, I'm paranoid about them reaching Vaccaro.

Ansah, Warmack, Werner, Jordan, or a trade down please. Kinda softened on DT after the Hill signing.

Still hope we could nab Michael Bennett, who is probably wanting at least 5y/$25-30m so we'd probably have to make room. Hass has said he'll restructure, which needs to happen so we can make another good signing. The older guys would be great though, and they'll be cheaper. Osi would be my choice. Lots of DB's still available too.

I'd also like to use our comp. 3rd or 4th RD picks on a rookie QB, but to replace Rusty. Bray is obvi my choice for that. We can develop him as a future bartering chip, or play him if Jake doesn't pan out.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 03-14-2013 at 01:44 AM. Reason: I like Dion Jordan too!
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:52 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We definitely are capable of making more moves if we please. There's been a lot of rumblings about us wanting to move Washington, and I'd have to believe that has to do with the fact that we can save $4-5mil of cap space by shedding his contract.

If we trade/cut Nate, restructure Hass, and heavily restructure or cut Amano then we should probably have the cash to sign one of the bigger name DE or CB. Bennett, Sean Smith, and Brent Grimes all come to mind. I think CB could potentially be a target because a) Verner is best in the slot and b) Verner is a UFA next year.

So if we use that cash to get a starting DE or CB we could draft address DE/CB (whichever we don't sign), WR, and OG/C in the first 3 rounds

Maybe something like...

Round 1: DE/CB (whichever we don't sign) -- Ansah/Werner or Milliner/Rhodes
Round 2: WR -- Hopkins/Allen/Woods/TWilliams/Hunter
Round 3: Best OG/C available

The Nate rumors got me thinking.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 03-14-2013 at 12:54 AM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean Renfree super late or udfa is fine with me to get rid of crusty rusty
TitansCJftw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ruston Webster just said on the radio that the Tits will address RG in the draft and not in FA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently we offered a contract to Welker. Interesting we had interest in both him and Amendola.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Reynaud signed a one year deal with the Titans.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Shaunessey is the best "big" DE out there other than Bennett and Idonije, he's 285 and has great potential in a rotation. He's coming off two bad years so he could come really cheap.

There's still the vets like Osi, Abraham and Freeney though
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we are just wanting a reliable WR to move the chains on 3rd down, we need to draft Chris Harper
Old 03-14-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Norcal3518
Rookie

Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
If we are just wanting a reliable WR to move the chains on 3rd down, we need to draft Chris Harper
Not a big fan of Harper. I think he is a decent WR I just dont see him ever being a quality starter. I think our WRs we have now are pretty solid. I dont think we need to address that spot. Now if we did ship Nate somewhere then we would have to pick up a guy somewhere. But id personally take Swope over Harper. Stills isnt a bad choice either. There are several guys that are in that 3rd round range that could be solid picks.

I still wish we would have gotten a better TE. I love Walkers versatility but if we use him primarily as a TE I will be disappointed. Ryan Otten from San jose st could be a good late round pick if still around. He is one of the better route runners in the draft and has some very good hands.
Norcal3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal3518 View Post
Not a big fan of Harper. I think he is a decent WR I just dont see him ever being a quality starter. I think our WRs we have now are pretty solid. I dont think we need to address that spot. Now if we did ship Nate somewhere then we would have to pick up a guy somewhere. But id personally take Swope over Harper. Stills isnt a bad choice either. There are several guys that are in that 3rd round range that could be solid picks.

I still wish we would have gotten a better TE. I love Walkers versatility but if we use him primarily as a TE I will be disappointed. Ryan Otten from San jose st could be a good late round pick if still around. He is one of the better route runners in the draft and has some very good hands.
That really depends on what you are wanting. From a clutch WR in this years draft, there is none better than Chris Harper. Period. He runs great routes, He consistently made catches with players hanging all over, made 3rd down catches to keep key drives alive and made key catches to set up quick scores before half. Plus he's a red-zone threat on slants. He also lined up on both sides and in the slot some. This guys legit

From a slot WR spot, Swope is probably better, and if you're wanting a guy on the outside to stretch the defense then Stills may be the guy. Although Stills does have some character issues
Old 03-14-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I liked Jean-Francois as an option, but Sammie Lee Hill @ 3/11.4 >>>> Jean-Francois @ 4/22
Old 03-14-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Ruston Webster just said on the radio that the Tits will address RG in the draft and not in FA.
Makes me think we'll draft a guy fairly high then. I believe a few of the better C's have also played G too.

As for a good sized DE (assuming FA provides nothing and Ziggy is gone by 10), maybe we try to use Sheldon Richardson in a Kevin Carter type role? Play some DE and DT? They say they want to get bigger and more physical. Sheldon said he played outside in JUCO, and I saw Missouri line him up outside some. Just a thought.

And having said that, maybe they can use Klug outside some too like they have talked about. Can't be any worse than having Wimbly try to defend the run.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
Makes me think we'll draft a guy fairly high then. I believe a few of the better C's have also played G too.

As for a good sized DE (assuming FA provides nothing and Ziggy is gone by 10), maybe we try to use Sheldon Richardson in a Kevin Carter type role? Play some DE and DT? They say they want to get bigger and more physical. Sheldon said he played outside in JUCO, and I saw Missouri line him up outside some. Just a thought.

And having said that, maybe they can use Klug outside some too like they have talked about. Can't be any worse than having Wimbly try to defend the run.
I think Ruston also said something along the lines of the Levitre signing gives us flexibility. That we don't have to go OG in the 1st and that starting OGs can be found in the first 3 rounds.

I'm happy with that because I honestly fee like a RG at 10 would be a waste. I'd be fine with one in 2 or 3 though. This OL class has great depth.

Ansah looks like a great fit at the moment, but no guarantee that he's there. Werner and Richardson could be other possibilities. I think its possible CB could be a sleeper position for us to look at.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Wyatt says we were in talks with Keenan Lewis before he signed with the Saints. Confirms out interest in adding a corner.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
I think Ruston also said something along the lines of the Levitre signing gives us flexibility. That we don't have to go OG in the 1st and that starting OGs can be found in the first 3 rounds.

I'm happy with that because I honestly fee like a RG at 10 would be a waste. I'd be fine with one in 2 or 3 though. This OL class has great depth.

Ansah looks like a great fit at the moment, but no guarantee that he's there. Werner and Richardson could be other possibilities. I think its possible CB could be a sleeper position for us to look at.
I like what I've seen from some of the 2-3 round guys for OG. I am including some C's and maybe a few T's who have or possibly just should play G.

I was looking at some mocks, and many had Ansah gone before 10. After comp picks, maybe we have 8-9 picks this year? Maybe trade up?

I could see living with our current DB's for the most part. We have decent starters in place and we've invested in some guys I doubt we'd sit (although Verner's spot is the one I could see replacing with a high pick). Investing in the DL just makes the back end guys look better...I'm looking at you Ansah. Realistically I'd go with a mid round pick to compete with Campbell and Sensebaugh, and we still have yet to see what they can do with more PT.

I can see a S being added too, but waiting till next year for a high pick makes more sense. I loved Martin coming out last year, hopefully he's a solid backup to Griff when healthy. Afalava seems like the in the box type, maybe that mold fits fine for now behind Wilson.

I love our LB's, we are deep there...don't really need a pick there imo.

DT looks pretty good. Whether or not SLH turns out to live up to the hype is kind of a moot point, they paid him, he will play.

DE is the meh spot. I hope I'm wrong about Wimbly, but I'm leaning towards bust there. I'm fine with Morgan. There's nothing solid after that. I'd hope Dawson and/or Solomon can be respectable backups, but I wouldn't bank on it. This is our biggest spot of need imo.

We've looked at WR's, but I think it's more luxury than need. There's a few guys who could be potential Britt replacements, but we can just wait out the Britt deal. Our depth is ok, maybe more so if we add a guy like Gibson, or if Mariani can provide something (I thought he showed signs of being able to).

Maybe we take a mid to late round QB and/or RB...pressing needs? Nope.

TLDR : I can see us easily feeling we can trade some picks to move up to get a guy in an area of need like Ansah at DE. I wish I could feel better about the top end DE's, but I don't. Ansah is the only one I see as having the high ceiling making him worth a high pick. Our depth at most positions is solid. I'll do a mock with guesstimated comp picks matching my thoughts...

Titans trade picks #10 and #40 to the Eagles for pick #4.

1) DE Ziggy Ansah - Do want!
2) trade - worth it
3) CB B.W. Webb - NFL.com compares him to Adam Jones. I'd take PacMan (w/o attitude) any day of the week
3) OG Brian Winters - Starting RG hopefully solved
4) WR - Chris Harper - Similar to Brandon Gibson?
5) DE - Lavar Edwards - Bigger DE to compliment our guys
5) S Earl Wolff - S competition who looks to have decent size/speed
7) OG Jeff Baca - Hopefully an Amano/Harris replacement
7) QB - Sean Renfree - Big, strong arm, worth a shot
Old 03-14-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In honor of Cookie leaving.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-m...n-jukes-for-TD

Makes me laugh every time.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Michael Bennett got a 1 year, $5 million dollar deal and we didn't get in on that action?

I guess we needed to keep Quinn Johnson and Eugene Amano instead.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Michael Bennett got a 1 year, $5 million dollar deal and we didn't get in on that action?

I guess we needed to keep Quinn Johnson and Eugene Amano instead.
Seriously. FML. I guess plenty of the other DEs are out there, although I liked Bennett's run stopping ability. We have Wimbley and Ayers for passing downs. I guess that makes another reason for me to want Ansah.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 03-14-2013 at 08:19 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote