Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind kicking the tires with Asomugha. At the same time, I feel fine going into 2013 with the same group we had this past season in the secondary plus some draft choices to add to the competition. I just want some defensive line depth and OLB depth. We got Dorsey, which I think was the best acquisition thus far. I don't think we needed Boldin, but at least we get a playmaker helping out the loss of Delaine Walker. I wonder if getting Boldin is an indictment of Manningham's status with the team.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:54 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chase Daniel's deal becomes void if he throws for 2000+yds AND at least 12 TD's in any given season.

Weird...but true.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:08 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Chase Daniel's deal becomes void if he throws for 2000+yds AND at least 12 TD's in any given season.

Weird...but true.
Chase Daniel and Alex Smith. I mean there weren't any QBs out there to acquire but still. That is ****. Then the one QB you sign, if he actually turns out to have a good season, his contract is voided. Not that I expect Chase Daniel to put up those numbers or it to happen in year one or two of the deal.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:16 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe the Chiefs should have traded for Matt Flynn or waited to get Ryan Fitzpatrick off the street.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:17 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm secretly hoping the Bills trade for Matt Flynn.

And the Chiefs want no part of Fitz, trust me. Nice guy, perfect for NFL backup job.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:15 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm secretly hoping the Bills trade for Matt Flynn.

And the Chiefs want no part of Fitz, trust me. Nice guy, perfect for NFL backup job.
We'll give you Shaun Hill for your 1st rounder

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:06 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wes Welker turned down a 2 year deal worth close to 15 mil. to an anonymous AFC team because "they were not a real contender"..

And the patriots offered a 2 year deal that could reach 16mil with incentives, but Wes felt they were too hard to reach/realistic.
Turns out that team was the Titans

Also, Greg Jennings is visiting with the Vikes today
Old 03-14-2013, 08:14 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep def the Titans, **** you Wes... when Jake breaks all dem records you be sorry...you be sorry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wes Welker turned down a 2 year deal worth close to 15 mil. to an anonymous AFC team because "they were not a real contender"..

And the patriots offered a 2 year deal that could reach 16mil with incentives, but Wes felt they were too hard to reach/realistic.
Titans per Schefty.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Weird...but true.
Genius actually. He signed for backup money. However if he ever becomes a starter or get significant playing time, he can re-evaluate his deal. Genius unless he plays and is absolute crap.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:22 AM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RT @AdamSchefter: RT @W_Solet13: Any news on the Saints and Nnamdi Asomugha? ... Going to have to beat out 49ers.

Matt Maiocco (@MaioccoCSN)
Nnamdi Asomugha is scheduled to visit today with the 49ers, who want to add a bigger cornerback. http://t.co/uy8L3uJKjN
Old 03-14-2013, 08:51 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Turns out that team was the Titans

Also, Greg Jennings is visiting with the Vikes today
I highly doubt he goes to Minnesota. Its probably more for leverage then anything.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is true, but i think that it would be sweet if they could convince him ($$$) to sign here.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, if the money is close enough, you'd think he'll just stay in GB. Vikes would have to overpay/outbid GB by quite a bit to get him, and that isn't really worth it for Minny
Old 03-14-2013, 09:18 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, if the money is close enough, you'd think he'll just stay in GB. Vikes would have to overpay/outbid GB by quite a bit to get him, and that isn't really worth it for Minny
How is it not worth it? Jennings would be a coup for the Vikings, they should pay the man. It hurts the Pack (probably not by a whole lot, but still), they have zero WRs, and Jennings is a good scheme fit. I don't see what the Vikes lose by paying him for a few seasons, they've got cap room and a huge need at the position.

How is it not worth it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post

How is it not worth it?
His health. Plus he isnt the player he used to be the last couple years. Then again, the Vikes are in pretty bad need right now.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs release Matt Cassel.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Chiefs released Matt Cassel

I am stunned
Old 03-14-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
How is it not worth it? Jennings would be a coup for the Vikings, they should pay the man. It hurts the Pack (probably not by a whole lot, but still), they have zero WRs, and Jennings is a good scheme fit. I don't see what the Vikes lose by paying him for a few seasons, they've got cap room and a huge need at the position.

How is it not worth it?
HE's on the wrong side of 30, has had injury issues lately and they'll likely have to overpay a bit for him so he doesn't end up back on a division rival

They got 2 late 1st round picks and could nab a WR with one of them and continue to get reps for Jarius Wright(who they are high on)
Old 03-14-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
HE's on the wrong side of 30, has had injury issues lately and they'll likely have to overpay a bit for him so he doesn't end up back on a division rival

They got 2 late 1st round picks and could nab a WR with one of them and continue to get reps for Jarius Wright(who they are high on)
He's 29...

Also, Jarius Wright is going to get all the reps he needs this year. He's the best WR on the team at the moment, and is poised to work in the slot full time with no Harvin. Simpson is terrible, and we can't rely on a rookie/Simpson as the outside targets unless we have no intention of Ponder improving. Jennings would be a great signing.

Last edited by Taber21 : 03-14-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Taber21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He still will have 2-3 max.. productive years I think if he stays healthy and gets alot of looks.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN

If price is right, he'll be on Jets... and likely Week 1 starter RT @Rapsheet Cardinals expect to cut QB Kevin Kolb over next few days #nyj
Old 03-14-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
He'll probably go to the Vikings. They are looking for a backup QB with some playing experience.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts didn't need Laron, they have Joe Lefeged
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Patrick Chung is gone if that makes you feel any better. Fail.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote