Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 03-14-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Pi Day Mock

With a couple of days of free agency in the books there's some big changes to teams' needs, particularly the Dolphins no longer needing a WR, Bears no longer needing LT and TE, etc.

1. KC - Luke Joeckel - OT - Texas A & M

Let's not overanalyze this one. He's been rated the best prospect for quite some time now, Chiefs fans really can't get upset with picking the guy most commonly associated with BPA status.

2. JAC - Sharrif Floyd - DT - Florida
A huge riser since declaring, I don't see Floyd making it past 3 to Oakland, but as is I have Jacksonville taking him so Oakland will still do this trade:

3. ARI (trade 3rd or 4th round and 1st to OAK) - Eric Fisher - OT - Central Michigan
Really surprised that Arizona isn't associated with Jake Long and didn't really pursue Bushrod. Looks like they're set on taking an OT in the draft. With Lane Johnson climbing and the Lions at 5 certainly capable of taking him, this trade makes even more sense now.

4. PHI - Dee Milliner - CB - Alabama

The Eagles' big corner signing was Bradley Fletcher, right? Still a huge need and arguably the BPA here at 4.

5. DET - Ezekiel Ansah - DE - BYU
I have to wonder if the Lions are going to scrap the wide-9 with the Jason Jones signing. They're pretty much out of money so the rest of their team is going to have to come from the draft. They currently have Ronnell Lewis and Willie Young as the only DEs to play on the weak-side, so I don't see how they don't end up with a pass rusher at 5.

6. CLE - Dion Jordan - OLB - Oregon
Really had to think about this for a little bit. It came down to the fact that it's questionable whether Sheard will fit as stand-up rusher. I'm not sure if the Browns pass on Geno Smith though, it sounds like Michael Lombardi isn't a Weeden fan, but how many times can the Browns use a 1st rounder on a QB?

7. OAK (from proj. trade with ARI) - Star Lotuleilei - DT - Utah
Assuming the heart condition is a non-factor, Star would be a great pick here and likely to be there with the top 4 pretty much set and the Lions and Browns not having any room for a 1st round DT.

8. BUF - Geno Smith - QB - West Virginia
They really need to hope he's there, and along with the Cardinals become a couple of candidates to really pursue trading up. I think the top 5 picks have gained some trade leverage.

9. NYJ - Barkevious Mingo - OLB - LSU
Really looks like the Jets should end up with either Mingo or Jarvis Jones, which if you told me at the start of the 2012 season we'd even be in a position to get one of those two it'd be bittersweet because I'd know it meant we had an awful 2012, but good consolation prize nonetheless.

10. TEN - Bjoern Werner - DE - Florida State

Even with the Levitre signing, guard remains a big need for the Titans so I wouldn't rule out Warmack. However, it's not as immediate of a need and it doesn't sound like the Titans are really pursuing a pass-rusher in free agency so getting one in the 1st is likely.

11. SD - Lane Johnson - OT - Oklahoma

Really surprised there haven't been any Jared Gaither trade rumors surfacing. From the sounds of it, the Chargers didn't want anything to do with him after he gave up last season, but for now it looks like his spot on the team is safe. Maybe they'll lock up his replacement first before looking to get rid of him.

12. MIA - Xavier Rhodes - CB - Florida State
The biggest change to my mocks is not giving Miami the best WR available any longer. With Wallace and Hartline locked up for 5 years it wouldn't make much sense. They have not made any attempts to replace Sean Smith, so I think at least one of their 3 1st-2nd round picks will be a corner.

13. TB - Desmond Trufant - CB - Washington
If they still have this pick then they haven't traded for Revis, so they may need to reach a bit for a corner. I'd also see Jarvis jones here as a nickel rusher and early down Sam backer.

14. CAR - Kenny Vaccaro - S - Texas
This is where it's starting to get hairy. I could see the Panthers taking Trufant, Patterson, Richardson, or Vaccaro here.

15. NO - Jarvis Jones - OLB - Georgia
The Saints have a couple of promising 3-4 edge rushers on the roster but in case Wilson or galette don't work out, jones will be nice to have.

16. STL - Cordarelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee
Could also be Chance Warmack here, but with Cooper also still on the board the Rams can hope one of those 2 are still there when they pick again at 22.

17. PIT - Damontre Moore - OLB - Texas A & M
Really don't think his stock has fallen as far as we think due to the poor combine.

18. DAL - Chance Warmack - OG - Alabama
Bet the Cowboys wish they had 3 picks here instead of 1 with Warmack, Cooper, and Richardson still on the board at this point.

19. NYG - Sheldon Richardson - DT - Missouri
Cullen Jenkins was likely only a stop-gap signing and if Richardson plays well it'll make Jenkins expendable next off-season.

20. CHI - Jonathan Cooper - OG - North Carolina
After free agency do the Bears really have any other needs? MLB and G are the only 2 I can think of. A solid slot WR would be good too I'm sure, but Cooper is a great pick at 20 imo.

21. CIN - Alec Ogletree - LB - Georgia
This pick could become Fluker if they don't re-sign Andre Smith, but I fully expect them to do that. They have the most cap room out of anyone so losing Smith to a higher bidder would be inexcusable.

22. STL (from WAS) - Johnathan Cyprien - S - Florida International
A steady riser during the evaluation process, his draft position will get pushed up due to the sheer number of teams with holes at safety.

23. MIN - Keenan Allen - WR - California
Jarius Wright will likely fill the slot role so I think Allen is the better fit for the Vikings over Tavon Austin.

24. IND - Datone Jones - DE - UCLA
It's debatable if Jones is the best 3-4 DE in the draft, I still think Jesse Williams may project better at 3-4 DE rather than NT and think he's a better fit, but I'll go with the current consensus.

25. MIN (from SEA) - Kevin Minter - LB - LSU
The MLB market isn't very good with Ellerbe gone so they should probably look to fill that hole with one of their 2 firsts.

26. GB - Jesse Williams - DL - Alabama
A versatile lineman with the capability of playing anywhere on a 3-man front, he would provide some needed insurance if Worthy is a no-go for 2013 which it sounds like he might be.

27. HOU - D.J. Fluker - OT - Alabama
Originally put Tavon Austin but got to the end of the draft and realized I didn't have Fluker taken anywhere.

28. DEN - Johnathan Hankins - DT - Ohio State
Really not sure how the Broncos' run D was effective last year with the crap they had to work with at DT and MLB. Could also see them taking Manti Te'o as the Stewart Bradley signing wasn't really preventative of that.

29. NE - Tavon Austin - WR - West Virginia
The Patriots still need a field stretcher at WR and are still likely to cut Brandon Lloyd.

30. ATL - Johnthan Banks - CB - Mississippi State
With Gonzo coming back and signing SJax, Eifert or Lacy don't really make sense here anymore.

31. SF - Matt Elam - S - Florida
Not sure if Elam sneaks into the 1st but in this mock I have safeties moved up a bit so it would only make sense to have Elam go here.

32. BAL - DeAndre Hopkins - WR - Clemson
I just really wanted to put someone other than Te'o here. I was about to, but then John Harbaugh shaking his head during Te'o's 40 popped in my head. The Ravens don't really have anyone on the roster to fill Boldin's role, so this would certainly make sense.

Round 2:

33. JAC - Matt Barkley - QB - USC
34. SF (from KC) - Kawann Short - DL - Purdue
35. PHI - Margus Hunt - DE - SMU
36. DET - Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame
37. CIN (from OAK) - Eric Reid - S - LSU
38. ARI - Tyler Wilson - QB - Arkansas
39. NYJ - Eddie Lacy - RB - Alabama
40. TEN - Larry Warford - OG - Kentucky
41. BUF - Justin Hunter - WR - Tennessee
42. MIA - Menelik Watson - OT - Florida State
43. TB - Sylvester Williams - DT - North Carolina
44. CAR - Robert Woods - WR - USC
45. SD - Arthur Brown - ILB - Kansas State
46. STL - Terron Armstead - OT - Arkansas P.B.
47. DAL - Alex Okafor - DE - Texas
48. PIT - Manti Te'o - ILB - Notre Dame
49. NYG - Zach Ertz - TE - Stanford
50. CHI - Khaseem Greene - LB - Rutgers
51. WAS - Jamar Taylor - CB - Boise State
52. MIN - David Amerson - CB - N.C. State
53. CIN - Tank Carradine - DE - Florida State
54. MIA (from IND) - Sam Montgomery - DE - LSU
55. GB - Giovani Bernard - RB - North Carolina
56. SEA - Kyle Long - OL - Oregon
57. HOU - John Jenkins - NT - Georgia
58. DEN - Blidi Wreh-Wilson - CB - Connecticut
59. NE - Jordan Poyer - CB - Oregon State
60. ATL - Corey Lemonier - DE - Auburn
61. SF - Darius Slay - CB - Mississippi State
62. BAL - Jamie Collins - LB - Southern Miss

Last edited by Robcards : 03-15-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopkins is a nice pick for the Ravens.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am always in favor of Allen to the Vikes, and now with the 2nd first round pick, they could go a number of ways. Going Minter is one of the options that i like.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Jones a lot for the Colts. Nice mock.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jones is a good fit I think. I'd also take Fluker there since we still need a starting guard.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perfect for Dallas. To be completely honest I would be happy taking Cooper over Warmack too. Any of those three would result in a happy dance.

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
ChicagoBearsVet23
Veteran

ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great Bears pick!
ChicagoBearsVet23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great patriots pick

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jenkins got 3 years...not sure how much of a stop gap option he really is. I'd much prefer a DE or LB like Carradine than another DT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice Miami pick!

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damontre Moore would be a better option for NO Trufant.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
deepthoughtlife
Rookie

deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.deepthoughtlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd assume San Fran will sign a free agent safety to start, so I doubt we draft one early. That said, we currently do seriously need one, unless the coaches like Trenton Robinson more than most people think. (I like Robinson, but don't expect him to start soon.) I haven't really looked in depth at Matt Elam, but he does sound quite a bit like Dashon Goldson.

That said, I'm not sure Harbaugh even really considers need at this point. He loves luxury picks. I therefore expect he'll make a pick way out in left field. If I had to guess though, I still think d-line. I've seen people like Jesse Williams going to them, and I wouldn't be surprised, even with the signing of Dorsey.

The niners really don't have any other holes than safety and NT (let's ignore kicker in the first), so depth is unusually a likely possibility. If I was choosing, I might take a flyer on a guy like Margus Hunt. I like his play more than most people, and there is no doubt he put up extremely impressive numbers at the combine. I could see him bulking up and being a good eventual replacement to Justin Smith, while being the primary d-line backup in the meantime, and seeing a lot of rotational duty. He also is one of the only people in the draft with strength approaching that of Sopoaga, who I wish we hadn't lost, even if I was a little disappointed in him last year.
deepthoughtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I will just have to accept Geno Smith is a possibility at 8.

It will be a waste of 3 years unfortunately.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Frisco$finest
Rookie

Frisco$finest is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrisco$finest is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrisco$finest is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrisco$finest is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrisco$finest is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrisco$finest is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrisco$finest is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrisco$finest is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrisco$finest is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrisco$finest is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairFrisco$finest is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

overall good mock.

As for the 9ers pick. Elam is more of SS Donte Whitner mode, not the ballhawk we need at FS. I could see us drafting two safeties early to become our SS and FS of the future in this deep Safety class. Whitner will be done after next season more than likely. So I can see Elam being the pick, then a Phillip Thomas/ DJ Swearinger/ Eric Reid later on.

Wish we also had Cyprien as an option at #31.
Frisco$finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Damontre Moore would be a better option for NO Trufant.
Hmm yeah made this mock before they signed Keenan Lewis. I hear positive things about Junior Gallette and Martez Wilson's fit in a 3-4 though, so I'm not sure they go OLB in the 1st. Think they'll give those 2 a shot first then if they fail take an OLB early next year, or take an OLB on day 2 as insurance.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lane Johnson is climbing so the Cardinals have to trade up for Eric Fisher?

wtf?

AZ has too many needs to trade up staying at 7 and selecting Lane Johnson would have been fine
Old 03-14-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Lane Johnson is climbing so the Cardinals have to trade up for Eric Fisher?

wtf?

AZ has too many needs to trade up staying at 7 and selecting Lane Johnson would have been fine

If the Lions take Lane Johnson then how are the Cardinals going to take him? That was the point I was getting at. Why risk losing out on all 3 premier LTs when you can throw a 3rd or 4th or a 2014 pick at the Raiders to guarantee you get Fisher? The cost to move up from 7 to 3 will not be high this year.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:24 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you had Lane Johnson falling to 11, AZ picks 7th, your mock doesn't make sense
Old 03-14-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You had me at "Oakland trades down."

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
you had Lane Johnson falling to 11, AZ picks 7th, your mock doesn't make sense
Arizona wouldn't know if the Lions are taking him or not before they would trade with the Raiders so how does that not make sense?

I suppose they could wait until Fisher is off the board, but if Fisher goes 4th to the Eagles and if the Lions really do like Lane Johnson then the Cardinals are SOL at LT for another year.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree with your analysis of the Saints. After signing Keenan Lewis and still being involved in the Nnamdi Asomugha derby, the Saints do not need to take a first round corner. If the draft fell this way, the best player available is Cordarelle Patterson. The pick makes a lot of sense for us. WR is a need; it is just that not as big a need as getting an OLB.

I also think Richardson could fit at the 3-tech in our 1-gap, 3-4 scheme. The only problem I have with the pick of Richardson is that it becomes a bit redundant since we have a logjam of players up front such as Cam Jordan, Akiem Hicks, Broderick Bunkley, Will Smith, Tom Johnson, etc. So, if we are to maximize the value of the pick, I would think that Patterson or even Austin might be better selections.

Under no circumstances should take Damontre Moore. That would be a colossal mistake!
Seasonticketholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Hmm yeah made this mock before they signed Keenan Lewis. I hear positive things about Junior Gallette and Martez Wilson's fit in a 3-4 though, so I'm not sure they go OLB in the 1st. Think they'll give those 2 a shot first then if they fail take an OLB early next year, or take an OLB on day 2 as insurance.
As I said, this mock was made before the Keenan Lewis signing. I'd go back and change it, but considering theres 17 picks after them, I'd have to change the whole thing.

For instance, changing the Eddie Lacy to Falcons pick was easy to do since only 2 teams go after them and neither are in the market for a RB.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I suspect the Lions might be in for a tackle after Backus' retirement. All three top tackles might be gone within the first seven or so picks.

Reasonable #2 pick.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
I suspect the Lions might be in for a tackle after Backus' retirement. All three top tackles might be gone within the first seven or so picks.

Reasonable #2 pick.
Lions have needs at all of the positions the top 10 players are. Could make a case for lane Johnson, dee milliner, or a pass rusher. Wouldn't be surprised by anything but they tend to go BPA so I think if milliner is there they take him, if not a pass rusher and obv if fisher/joeckel are there they'll take them but I don't think Lane would be BPA at 5
Old 03-14-2013, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Swapped the Bucs and Saints picks for simplicity's sake. Trufant to TB and Jones to NO