Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 03-14-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's probably not important but he'll be 55 next week.

I see the logic behind your post. I'm just saying he and Dorsey better be right and no other QB in this class better go on to have success. We're in an age in the NFL where more and more young QBs are experiencing success early in their careers Yes, there are some flops: Blaine Gabbert, etc. But I just feel at least one QB in this class is going to have success and quite possibly lead their team to more success than Alex Smith and the Chiefs. We saw that 5 years ago when the Chiefs passed on Joe Flacco TWICE for Glenn Dorsey and Branden Albert. Hell, the Chiefs had 2 1st round picks that year and a bunch of extras. I wouldn't have cried if they moved up in front of the Falcons for Matt Ryan.

Now, Glenn Dorsey is now a 49er and if they don't come to terms with Albert...While Flacco just won a SB and got a $120 million dollar contract and, although not a SB winner, Matt Ryan is one of the young, up and coming QBs in the league whose team is miles ahead of the Chiefs.

Last edited by KaneMarko : 03-14-2013 at 05:30 PM.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
raphael
Rookie

raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael raphael

Wow, I thought Reid was older than that. Let's just say he has the body of someone in his 60s. Gabbert isn't a "flop". He put up better numbers (over half the season) than guys drafted higher than him over the past few years, like Luck, Tannehill, Newton, Locker, Sanchez. Wasn't far behind Bradford and Stafford in passer rating/completion rate. All those guys are older than him and earn more. The only quarterback drafted earlier than 10th overall in the past five years who put up significantly better stats was Griffin. If you want to call Blaine a flop at 23, you have to say the others are more so.

Smith was a top three quarterback in the league last season when he was hurt. He finished with better passing numbers in the same number of attempts as Kaepernick for the same team. He is 28 years old, younger than Brandon Weeden. One of the rookies MIGHT turn out better than him over the next few years, but I wouldn't want to bet on it.
raphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see Smith's stats at 3100 yards 17 TDs 5 INTs in 2011. To me, that's not overly impressive. And that's playing 16 games. All of us can carve out stats that say certain things. But, to date, I just haven't seen an overly great QB at any point in Alex Smith's career. But, hey, that's just me. He needs to be better than what he was in SF, IMO. Matt Cassel put up similar numbers as Alex Smith and we just ran him out of KC. I know Cassel was spiraling the last couple years while Alex was going up. But Cassel has put up numbers as good, and even better in some cases, than Alex Smith. And he's now a Minnesota Viking after being ran out of KC.

Now, a local radio host here brought up Rich Gannon and painted a picture of Alex Smith following a vaguely similar career path as Rich Gannon. Maybe getting with the right coach and morphing into a very effective QB "later" in his career. And the possibility exists that could happen. I wouldn't bet on it. But it's possible. I'm just saying, to date, I haven't seen it. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

What we do know, and what I think all Chiefs fans have to come to grips with and accept is that, for whatever reason, good, bad or otherwise, this organization will NEVER be interested in drafting and developing their own franchise signal caller.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie

findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Wait wait wait, not the guy the experts said rates as a second rounder!! At some point, you all should really listen to me.
I've always been a Geno fan. IF I was the GM I would draft Geno even though the chiefs have Alex Smith and Chase Daniel.

I follow the rule that if you dont have a franchise QB, than work toward acquiring one. I havent seen evidence that Alex Smith or Chase Daniel is a franchise qb for the chiefs on the field yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
Andy Reid and John Dorsey better hope, HOPE, Geno Smith doesn't get drafted by Jacksonville, Oakland, Philly, Arizona or Buffalo and go on to have success.
pretty much.
Alex Smith has to be better than Geno/Barkley/etc. for this to work out for Dorsey/Reid. Otherwise passing on a QB with the #1 overall pick (even in a trade down) would be an epic failure and warrant regime change at the owner level.

The goal should be building a competitive team that can at least get to the playoffs and not just acquiring an offseason dreamteam to get back to mediocrity.
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather have Fluker of all the other options if we're talking about RT.

The Chiefs really need to trade back.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
JHasley10
Rookie

JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post

Need a trade partner tho. No one stands out like Luck or RG 3 last yr
JHasley10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie

findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Fluker, like Chance Warmack, is a power blocker (man scheme). I think the chiefs will continue to employ a ZBS.

I also have concerns about flukers ability to handle speed rushers. He may be a liability in a WCO like Reids that tends to pass alot.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by findthedr View Post
Fluker, like Chance Warmack, is a power blocker (man scheme). I think the chiefs will continue to employ a ZBS.

I also have concerns about flukers ability to handle speed rushers. He may be a liability in a WCO like Reids that tends to pass alot.
Reid likes fatties. He doesn't care if they fit the offense he likes to run.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

Quote:
I've always been a Geno fan. IF I was the GM I would draft Geno even though the chiefs have Alex Smith and Chase Daniel.

I follow the rule that if you dont have a franchise QB, than work toward acquiring one. I havent seen evidence that Alex Smith or Chase Daniel is a franchise qb for the chiefs on the field yet.

pretty much.
Alex Smith has to be better than Geno/Barkley/etc. for this to work out for Dorsey/Reid. Otherwise passing on a QB with the #1 overall pick (even in a trade down) would be an epic failure and warrant regime change at the owner level.

The goal should be building a competitive team that can at least get to the playoffs and not just acquiring an offseason dreamteam to get back to mediocrity.
Oh, if I were GM I'd still draft Geno and tell all 3 QBs on the roster to EARN IT. As has been mentioned by the owner of this site and many others: Unless you know you have your franchise QB you are always in the market for one. I've seen very little to nothing from Alex Smith or Chase Daniel that says, "this is the guy". And this coming from a Mizzou fan that's a big Chase Daniel fan.

But, the reality is that Geno has probably never been a real option for Reid and Dorsey (or any QB in this class). Like I said, they better be right. Because they are kinda telling me that they like Alex Smith and Chase Daniel more than any QB in this class. And they better be right. That's all I'm sayin'
Old 03-14-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie

Quote:
Reid likes fatties. He doesn't care if they fit the offense he likes to run.
scheme fit is important. It might be something to keep in mind while he puts together dream team II

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
And they better be right. That's all I'm sayin'
you are one of the few chiefs fans that "get it"...most will make excuses, blame the oline, and be happy trading for another team's backup qb.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only logical pick the Chiefs can make at #1 is Geno Smith. The only one. We don't have a franchise QB yet. I really don't give a crap what we gave up for Alex Smith, I'd spend every pick in a draft on QBs until I got that one right.

Until you do nothing else matters.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You are one of the few chiefs fans that "get it"...most will make excuses, blame the oline, and be happy trading for another team's backup qb.
This isn't true at all.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd pick Geno if I was the Chiefs, but it makes absolutely no sense to give up two premium picks for a QB and then spend the first pick of the draft on a QB. How long are they going to sit Geno for? 1 year? 2 years would be pushing it considering Kaepernick took over for him after a year and a half and he was a second round pick project. And even then, you don't go and overpay for a QB, just so that you have the luxury of sitting your future franchise QB for a year. Makes no sense whatsoever.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:35 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
This isn't true at all.
how so?

most KC radio callers are excited about giving up 2 second round picks for Alex Smith and drafting a RT at #1 overall.

The alex smith trade "grade" was polled at ~55% A by those at kcchiefs.com, and graded highly at ESPN.com

only a small minority of chiefs fans are interested in drafting a franchise qb.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
how so?

most KC radio callers are excited about giving up 2 second round picks for Alex Smith and drafting a RT at #1 overall.

The alex smith trade "grade" was polled at ~55% A by those at kcchiefs.com, and graded highly at ESPN.com

Those are casual fans. Casual fans know nothing.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
how so?

Well then a big majority of chiefs fans are deluded and don't have a clue what's going on.

People excited about giving up 2 second rounders for Alex Smith...

My god.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Those same fans are going to be calling in saying Chase Daniel should be the starter after Alex Smith throws his first int.

The average fan is stupid.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
how so?

DING DING DING

Those are the same people who ask why the Chiefs don't just trade Cassel and #1 overall for Aaron Rodgers.

Never, EVER judge anything by the meathead schmuck who calls into sports talk radio.
Monomach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:05 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geno Smith will be a Brown.

Sup vidae? SUP?!?!?!

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I like the Browns and their fans, so if he doesn't go to KC I want him to go to Jax or Cle. The rest of them can suck rocks.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like we're a decent little situation for him. Good offensive line, a couple talented receivers and a really good offensive coordinator.

It could be nice.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Picturing Geno Smith in our offense with JChuck, our WRs, TEs, and our OL make me hard.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Picturing Geno Smith in our offense with JChuck, our WRs, TEs, and our OL make me hard.
Tell your member to relax, Smith will be wearing silver and black.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Tell your member to relax, Smith will be wearing silver and black.
I'd rather trade out of #1 to someone that takes him before you than to see him wear silver and black.

Last edited by vidae : 03-14-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Geno goes to Oak I will be a bit disappoint. That said I'd rather that then the rumors of Tebow or VY...fml.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote