Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-14-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have Rolle and may try TT. I am not sure jenkins would replace anyone.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You really don't think they'll give Brown a shot to start?
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember when Steve Smith left for the Eagles, look how that turned out. I trust the fact that we didn't really talk to KP and that we signed Mundy before KP signed elsewhere that the FO knows something about him that we don't. He has been injured plenty and maybe is worse than we think. I'm pissed to see him go to the Eagles, but it is only a 1 year deal and he may not even play much for them.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
He's a RFA with a 2nd round tender, still have to bring him back, but I'm sure if we do he will start opposite Rolle

Old 03-14-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We lost Phillips and signed Mundy. Ehh crappy S day for us. Why does it have to be that shitstain of a team the Eagles? I think he'll do well for them if his knee holds up. Huge question mark though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
He's a RFA with a 2nd round tender, still have to bring him back, but I'm sure if we do he will start opposite Rolle
So what's the problem with losing Phillips? The S position is set. No one is giving up a 2nd for him with how many S are available.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cause Kenny is much better then Stevie Brown.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Cause Kenny is much better then Stevie Brown.
This! Stevie Brown had a great statistical year last year and was constantly in the right place at the right time, but he is still not nearly as good as KP

Old 03-14-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I never thought much of Phillips really. Inconsistent and didn't make enough plays.

But he was big in the SB run. I can live without him. I always knew he was gone though...
Old 03-14-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just realized like all my favorite players are gone. I'd say Nicks is probably my favorite now. We need to draft someone awesome that I love this year
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I never thought much of Phillips really. Inconsistent and didn't make enough plays.

But he was big in the SB run. I can live without him. I always knew he was gone though...
He never had to, that wasn't his role. He took away the deep ball so much. Our pass defense with and without him was night and day. Teams never threw on him and he was rarely out of position, if ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah why are people questioning Phillips for not getting TO's? That was not his job at all.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-14-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah why are people questioning Phillips for not getting TO's? That was not his job at all.
Maybe, but personally I think it is a hard case to argue when Brown got TOs while filling in for Phillips.

In fact Fewell's defensive schemes are pretty much built around getting turnovers.

Phillips got 8 interceptions in 5 seasons, half of which came in 2011.

Stevie Brown got that in one season, double what Phillips did in 2011. Ironically in 2011 Phillips had 11 PD which was the same as what Brown had in 2012.

Also Brown forced 2 fumbles last year, twice as many as Phillips has in his five seasons.

Both Phillips and Brown have had one year that is clearly their best. both played under Fewell and both defended 11 passes. Brown turned 8 of these into interceptions while Phillips only had 4 with the same number of opportunities.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 03-14-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

That's a good point but they were still asked to different things. Phillips was definitely more limited because of the knee though. Also hardly anyone thinks Brown even comes close to a repeat season.

The D isn't really looking all that good right now so couple with Fewell I'm about 15% nervous at this point.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-14-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i just realized like all my favorite players are gone. I'd say Nicks is probably my favorite now. We need to draft someone awesome that I love this year
We'll get you Logan or Khaseem round 2

Old 03-14-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A safety's job is to do both. Stop the deep ball and make game changing plays in the form of turnovers. And in today's bush league NFL, where hitting a player hard results in a penalty, that hard hitting safety is about to be extinct. So how does a safety make his mark. Two ways, one is pass defending balls that he can get to help out AND momentum changing plays, ie turnovers.

KP was a good safety, but no way played up to his potential. Health and scheme hurt him. He was a glorified outfielder who had to do 2 things. Stop the deep, home run ball, AND create turnovers, especially in Fewell's scheme.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
just finished the Forum Mock, thoughts on how I did?
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...8&#post3288468
Ryan, Fluker, and Hodges???? You did excellent.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-14-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Or Will Hill. The staff loves him and don't forget he is only 23 years old! This is good because longer shelf life, and more times to develop for us. I think he and Brown would compete. I actually think Hill has the shot of bypassing Brown. Rolle and Hill could be a real possibility. I like that Hill is still young and can be dropped in there.

He just turned 23 March 7, so this can be a good find by the Pro personnel dept. and good development opportunity for us.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People will realize how amazing Kenny was when our D keeps getting torched for big plays with these "playmakers" trying to clean up like Kenny did. I pray we don't lose him.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
People will realize how amazing Kenny was when our D keeps getting torched for big plays with these "playmakers" trying to clean up like Kenny did. I pray we don't lose him.
Kenny is already gone. To Philly of all places yuck.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the reason Phillips isn't back comes back to a few elements.

First has to be his health, it seems to me the front office are very concerned about it going forward.

The second factor is that Stevie Brown emerged as a genuine ballhawks. Sure he needs to improve areas if his game but there is a lot of upside. Then we have Hill, Sash, Mundy and Thomas if he can come back so the depth is quite good.

It is very notable that we haven't chased any of the big name safeties, there has been a lot around. I think the front office wants to invest in other areas.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I actually thought Phillips was over rated and never fully became the dominant safety we thought he would be as a first round pick.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:36 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I actually thought Phillips was over rated and never fully became the dominant safety we thought he would be as a first round pick.
I did as well, but I learned that's the minority people regarding him. That's fine and all but I think Will Hill, who just turned 23 years old a week ago, will be the starter. The staff is high on him. He had talent but he was very immature. Tweeting about weed and sex life. So I think that's the guy who steps in, not brown. I think Hill will play and will learn and develop.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stevie Brown sucks. Watch the all 22. He sucks.

I hope Will Hill can turn into something. Hopefully he works out. But our defense suffers a big blow without Kenny. Rolle will get cut after this season and we need a guy who can defend in the post. So S becomes a round 1 possibility.

Also Rolle sucks at playing the post. Expect us to give up a lot of deep passes if the rush isn't clicking this season.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Brown does not "suck." Now we know he's not nearly as good as last year but you don't just get 8 or 9 INT's by sucking. Yes some of them were right place right time but he still showed a knack for being where the ball was. I don't expect a repeat and I don't think he comes close to that total again but suck is too harsh.

Mundy seems like C.C. Brown, Part Deux.

sig by BoneKrusher