Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who do you BELIEVE Jackson WILL sign with?
Atlanta 23 53.49%
Denver 1 2.33%
Detroit 2 4.65%
Green Bay 13 30.23%
Elsewhere: WHO? 4 9.30%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2013, 07:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
And they overpaid for all of them. I've always liked the way we do things when it comes to FA.
I honestly do too, it's proven to work, plus you have to sign A Rod. That said, this was a move I would have been all over, unless you guys are high on Lacy? He could be there, and could be a younger, cheaper version. 1 thing I think GB underrates is offensive line and a legit RB. It's like they take for granted how good A Rod is, and I understand it's a passing offense and passing league but having a multi talented back like Steven Jackson for the close playoff games can be huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I honestly do too, it's proven to work, plus you have to sign A Rod. That said, this was a move I would have been all over, unless you guys are high on Lacy? He could be there, and could be a younger, cheaper version. 1 thing I think GB underrates is offensive line and a legit RB. It's like they take for granted how good A Rod is, and I understand it's a passing offense and passing league but having a multi talented back like Steven Jackson for the close playoff games can be huge.
Exactly.
Jackson would have been the perfect addition, for at least 1-2 years.
And his $ was less than phucking Erik Walden got.... should have brought him in.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCarthy wants a power running game so badly in all honesty. Problem is, they just haven't gotten the right pieces so they cater to their strengths, which is obviously the passing game
Old 03-14-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Exactly.
Jackson would have been the perfect addition, for at least 1-2 years.
And his $ was less than phucking Erik Walden got.... should have brought him in.
it's not always that simple though

maybe the Pack did offer the same amount or close to it. Jackson may have just preferred wanting to play in ATL over GB and this whole thing was just Jackson's group using GB as leverage to get the best deal possible from ATL
Old 03-14-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fine with letting Jackson go to ATL. We all know this isn't GB's style. I've been rooting for Lynch to GB since he came out. And then when Seattle traded for him, **** me. This kind of reminds me of that, a move that makes too much sense.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably Atlanta
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
You're jealous of the Dolphins? Seriously?! What have they won lately?

SuperPacker is right. Miami overpaid for all of those free agents and it's going to come back and bite them in the ass next offseason when their five headliner pickups this year account for more than $43 million under the cap. Ireland has totally screwed them down the line.

Meanwhile, the Packers will continue to do business as usual: Draft well, develop homegrown talent and look for bargains in the FA market. Oh, and they'll be in contention for the playoffs, something you won't be seeing from the 'Phins anytime soon.
Whoa, whoa, whoa!!! I never said I'm jealous of the Dolphins!

I generally like the Packers approach, it just makes for a fairly boring offseason.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I'm fine with letting Jackson go to ATL. We all know this isn't GB's style. I've been rooting for Lynch to GB since he came out. And then when Seattle traded for him, **** me. This kind of reminds me of that, a move that makes too much sense.
Packer fans like you b*tched about not getting him from Buffalo, and the TT-lovers told you that TT knows best, and that his hard-line stance is best.
Even though there's one Super Bowl under his belt, he still has (IMO) made a few mistakes that probably cost them a few more playoff wins and perhaps another Super Bowl.
It's the same with Belichick. They might be great, but they still make some mistakes..... you were right about Marshawn Lynch. He would have taken the Packers to another level.... unless he got hurt like all the rest of the Packer RB's do.
That's why they don't invest much $ into the position, perhaps.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Steven Jackson will sign with Atlanta.
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Falcons offense avoids injuries next year, how the hell do you defend them? Everyone on that offense can get open and catch.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
If the Falcons offense avoids injuries next year, how the hell do you defend them? Everyone on that offense can get open and catch.
True.
Who are their 3, 4 and 5 WR's?
Old 03-16-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
True.
Who are their 3, 4 and 5 WR's?
Harry Douglas will probably be one of the WRs. Not sure what they'll do in the Draft, but adding another WR is likely.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Keep their offense off the field and use time control and keep your offense on. Just run the clock. Make'em play defense.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beat the piss out of Matt Ryan and defend the deep ball. Make them run you over and not spread you out.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We heard that about the Falcons this year, with them having two better receivers than most people's best. Matt Ryan still managed to get them outside of the top 5 in points and yards.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:43 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Defend the pass well and defend the run well.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 03-17-2013 at 04:45 AM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:13 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Who will be the #2 QB's for SF & Atl & Sea next year?
Seattle has a solid backup in the record-setting Matty Ice Flynn. :o)