Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-15-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#hashtagsaregay

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nexus 5 rumors.

Quote:
Android and Me claims to have received an unverified tip that Google plans to release a Nexus 5 phone around October of this year and is currently evaluating prototypes from multiple manufacturers, including one from LG code-named "Megalodon."
  • 5.2-inch 1,920x1,080-pixel OLED Display
  • 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
  • 3GB RAM
  • 16-megapixel rear camera by OmniVision, capable of recording 4K video
  • 2.1-megapixel front camera capable of recording 1080p video
  • 3,300mAh lithium polymer battery
  • Front stereo speakers
  • Qualcomm RF360 (LTE 150Mbps and HSPA+)
It's also rumored to come in the standard 16/32/64GB storage options and feature some sort of gesture-based controls.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...re-or-fantasy/
Old 03-20-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds neat but 5.2" screen is too big. I have a Nexus 4 and Nexus 7, I don't really need anything in between.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-20-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The new s4 is looking pretty good. Comes out in April.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Sounds neat but 5.2" screen is too big. I have a Nexus 4 and Nexus 7, I don't really need anything in between.
After owning a Nexus I cannot go with anything else. Unfortunately the Nexus 4 doesn't have LTE and my contract is up later this year... so naturally the Nexus 5 is the next step.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:02 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
After owning a Nexus I cannot go with anything else. Unfortunately the Nexus 4 doesn't have LTE and my contract is up later this year... so naturally the Nexus 5 is the next step.
Not having LTE hasn't been a problem for me. I've been able to stream pretty much anything so far. HSPA+ coverage is pretty good here.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-20-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Not having LTE hasn't been a problem for me. I've been able to stream pretty much anything so far. HSPA+ coverage is pretty good here.
I play a lot of a game that requires constant internet connection so LTE is almost a must.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something is wrong with my Galaxy S2 i777 model. Had to factory reset and every time I try to update to 4.0.4 it said "installation interrupted phone up to date". So now I'm stuck with 2.3.4.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted a Note 2 but decided to hold off for the S4 which is making me jizz myself.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
the Note2 is still the best phone i've ever used. next step is rooting it so i can remove some of the canned crap. i have no idea how i ever used a smaller device for email/web/text.
Depending I have some interest in the HTC One... I would have to root instantly though to get rid of the bloat and HTC Sense (Barf)
Old 03-20-2013, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the Note2 is still the best phone i've ever used. next step is rooting it so i can remove some of the canned crap. i have no idea how i ever used a smaller device for email/web/text.
Haha, I just couldn't do it. It's so damn big. I can see the appeal for some people but I just couldn't imagine myself using it.

I don't know why I think like this, considering I have big hands and holding larger phones isn't an issue but for some reason it just bothers me.

I'm interested in the S4. I'm hoping the S5 (or whatever is it's predecessor is) comes out when I'm done with my current phone in a couple years.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha, I just couldn't do it. It's so damn big. I can see the appeal for some people but I just couldn't imagine myself using it.

I don't know why I think like this, considering I have big hands and holding larger phones isn't an issue but for some reason it just bothers me.

I'm interested in the S4. I'm hoping the S5 (or whatever is it's predecessor is) comes out when I'm done with my current phone in a couple years.
We miss you on this team :-(
Old 03-20-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeah, if my last one had *just* gotten stolen, i'd probably wait for the s4. though it looks like the functional size is nearly identical now.

yeah, i usually wait for the first update on new phones, for any bug fixes or similar issues, then root away. i mean, i'm not rob, i don't need the zappos app pre-installed.

fwiw, the s4 is roughly the same functional size. the note 2 is barely bigger than an s3, for that matter. either way, i hate playing with my mom's iphone now, there's just no space for anything. which is weird because i used to love my old razr because it was tiny. *shrug*

to be fair, if i ever talked on the phone, i'd probably not be as big on the size.
Yeah, that's why I probably wouldn't get an S4 even if I had the choice now. It's too big. I know they won't go smaller with S5, presumably, but I'm hoping they release a REALLY nice S5 Mini version or something.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Finally getting 4.2.2 on my Galaxy Nexus.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Android blows balls. Have fun with your phone after a year when all the spyware from the ads turns your phone into a giant piece of crap.

#iPhone
Old 03-20-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rooted and installed 4.2.1 on my S2 and holy **** I love it.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best phone I've ever had is the LG Optimus G.
The LG UI makes the phone feel like it's rooted with how customizable it is.
That's while still using ICS. Which sus a not since I was rooted and had JB on my last phone.
I do miss Google Now though. I use calender a lot so I loved the "leave by__ to get to appointment on time"

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Android blows balls. Have fun with your phone after a year when all the spyware from the ads turns your phone into a giant piece of crap.

#iPhone
The only people who get viruses and spyware on their phones are morons.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

#iPhone
Clearly... Everyone should switch to Macs too since they can't cat has viruses.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
I find it very comical when people brag that Mac's don't have viruses.

Yeah, because no one uses them enough for hackers and such to give a damn about them.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:08 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure if any one has been over the Samsung site. But they are making a game pad controller add on for the s4 that looks like an xbox controller looks pretty sweet . Looks pretty sweet , depending on price I would buy it.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:35 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Finally getting 4.2.2 on my Galaxy Nexus.
Did you add it, or did you get a system update?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Did you add it, or did you get a system update?
I kept forcing the system update until it finally came down. If you have one and are unsure on how to do so:
  • Settings -> Apps -> All -> Google Services Framework
  • Clear Data -> Force Stop
  • Hit the back button twice
  • About Phone -> System Updates-> Check now

Its not a guaranteed way but it seemed to speed up the process even though I had to do it 5+ times.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I find it very comical when people brag that Mac's don't have viruses.

Yeah, because no one uses them enough for hackers and such to give a damn about them.
http://lifehacker.com/5991684/mac-tr...fox-and-safari

How many people that thing Macs can't get viruses are going to get crippled by this?
Old 03-21-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

nova launcher is awesome.