Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Thought the Vikes were gonna be able to nap Schwartz. Damn.
You guys would just waste his time, making him split snaps with Terrible Brandon Fusco again. That was a travesty.

When you have a line like that of the Bears, other teams taking good linemen for granted makes you angry, lol.

edit: Brad Jones visiting Titans. He's all good and stuff. Zack Bowman back to the Bears for the vet's minimum. Awesome deal there.

Last edited by Monomach : 03-15-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone tell me why Cinny is not taking a hold of the AFC North? With Pitt and the Ravens showing everyone their going to be retooling the rosters.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this whole Welker Amendola thing is no big deal?
It's a big deal in terms of it's impact on the two favorites to go to the SB from the AFC. No big deal in terms of anyone being butthurt over the move.

These are guys making good money to play for two of the greatest QBs ever. If Tom Brady is at all upset he should have given some of his money back to sign Wes Welker.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@MikeReiss: Patriots and CB Kyle Arrington have agreed to a four-year contract, per source.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
@MikeReiss: Patriots and CB Kyle Arrington have agreed to a four-year contract, per source.

That is how we handle our cornerback problem.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post

That is how we handle our cornerback problem.
He was apparently pretty decent in the slot...maybe they resigned him to play the slot?? Im hoping thats not the case though cause I want Talib.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was apparently pretty decent in the slot...maybe they resigned him to play the slot?? Im hoping thats not the case though cause I want Talib.
Kyle Arrington is a guy you want to see succeed. Unheralded, tough, plays hard. He simply cannot cover. Granted he is asked to cover 1's or 2's a lot because we have been this at corner since forever, but he really just is not good at doing what you pay cornerbacks to do.

Feed Moncrief
Old 03-15-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brad Jones was the last FA I wanted.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Goodson! I think he'll be a good compliment to Powell, and it doesn't force us into having to reach for a RB in the draft (I think we'll still draft one though).
Old 03-15-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Elvis Dumervil is released he'd be perfect for the Colts to take Freeney's spot. His most productive year was as a 3-4 OLB.

Oh wait we're paying Erik Walden $4 million this year. I guess we can't afford to commit so much money to one position.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
If Elvis Dumervil is released he'd be perfect for the Colts to take Freeney's spot. His most productive year was as a 3-4 OLB.

Oh wait we're paying Erik Walden $4 million this year. I guess we can't afford to commit so much money to one position.

Walden's contract isn't terrible. Colts can actually cut him and save cap room after this season but before the 5th day of the league next year. So if you can shoulder the year 1 salary load it could work even if you don't plan on keeping Walden past this year.

Only his 2013 salary plus 250k/yr is guaranteed. :) Can easily massage the numbers on a potential Doomz deal to have a low year 1 hit and escalate.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Azhais
Rookie

Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RT @MikeReiss: Free-agent RB Danny Woodhead agrees to 2-year deal with the Chargers, per source.
Azhais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
We better not sign Kevin Kolb.....

WE BETTER NOT.

And of course the Pats sign Donald Jones...of course...
I honestly don't think I could care less about Jones going to New England. He was an alright guy but I never had a personal affinity toward him and there is literally nothing that stands out about his game. Decent blocker, I suppose. Nothing against him, but he's just another average guy out the door.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
I honestly don't think I could care less about Jones going to New England. He was an alright guy but I never had a personal affinity toward him and there is literally nothing that stands out about his game. Decent blocker, I suppose. Nothing against him, but he's just another average guy out the door.
Kind of like Sam Aiken when he went there?

I held out for Aiken for so long. Disappointing.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhais View Post
RT @MikeReiss: Free-agent RB Danny Woodhead agrees to 2-year deal with the Chargers, per source.
Got Rivers his new "sproles". But just not as good....

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-15-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

@MichelleBeisner: Kyle Arrington remains a Patriot. Per source: 4 yrs - $16 mill - 8.5 guaranteed.

that aint slot money....

Last edited by DiG : 03-15-2013 at 01:19 PM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Sanders leaving would be brutal. Leaves the team with Brown, Burress, and Cotchery as options, in a season that they're gonna be without Miller as well. Sounds promising.

WR and CB early in the draft from the looks of things. I would hate getting Trufant in the first and waiting to see what receivers fall into the mid 2nd.
And then who at RB? Seems like this could be another draft you guys go RB/WR early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Walden's contract isn't terrible. Colts can actually cut him and save cap room after this season but before the 5th day of the league next year. So if you can shoulder the year 1 salary load it could work even if you don't plan on keeping Walden past this year.

Only his 2013 salary plus 250k/yr is guaranteed. :) Can easily massage the numbers on a potential Doomz deal to have a low year 1 hit and escalate.
Where is your info coming from? The latest I read is that he is guaranteed $8 million.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/198101541.html

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
@MichelleBeisner: Kyle Arrington remains a Patriot. Per source: 4 yrs - $16 mill - 8.5 guaranteed.

that aint slot money....
Ugh...........

Feed Moncrief
Old 03-15-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Tits wrap up by signing Brad Jones and Shaughnessy I will be happy.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Can someone tell me why Cinny is not taking a hold of the AFC North? With Pitt and the Ravens showing everyone their going to be retooling the rosters.
If by that you mean "why are they not adding significant players during free agency?" it's because that is NOT how Mike Brown does business. Always remember that Mike Brown would want to win a championship but he does not need to. He has no ego in the sense of going all out to win. he is happy just being 'in the mix' so to speak and he will not wreck future year's cap with tricky contracts, etc. To the Brown family this IS their livelihood so it is a business over and above a toy or a passion.

The team is already going to be hard pressed to re-sign Dunlap, Gresham, Dalton, Atkins, Smith, Johnson and Green in the next 2 years with no desire to do cap tricks. The team has never had this much young talent, and Mikey moves on contracts at the speed of a tree sloth so they have their hands full.

They will sign a few lower end guys within a few weeks, hopefully sign Smith and Micheal Johnson, then depend on the draft of which we have 3 picks in the top 85 I believe.

Some teams would love to be in this spot, but it will be challenging for Mikey.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like the Woodhead to SD signing.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
JHasley10
Rookie

JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10 JHasley10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhais View Post
Im little torn on it. We need a 3rd round back. But also need someone WHEN Ryan Mathews goes down.
Surprised SD signed him
JHasley10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHasley10 View Post
Im little torn on it. We need a 3rd round back. But also need someone WHEN Ryan Mathews goes down.
Surprised SD signed him
At least SD fans understand Matthews will go down at some point.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-15-2013, 01:41 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Arrington signing is worse than the Walden one. At least Walden just doesn't do anything, Kyle Arrington is just an outright liability. He had a perfect QB rating when thrown against for a substantial part of the year last year. How does that guy get $4 million per?
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote