Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-20-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't understand where this transformation from quirky, slightly-annoying Andy to full-blown screaming dipshit came from.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I just don't understand where this transformation from quirky, slightly-annoying Andy to full-blown screaming dipshit came from.
They've changed him many, many times.

Some people speculate it's Ed Helms' punishment for being unavailable for so many episodes after they opted to give him the lead role last season.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I agree about Andy.

Why have they made him such a douche? He used to be at least halfway decent when he first was introduced.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
They've changed him many, many times.

Some people speculate it's Ed Helms' punishment for being unavailable for so many episodes after they opted to give him the lead role last season.
This makes sense.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andy was a huge douche when he was first introduced. Remember when Jim played a prank on him and he went crazy?

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They really have changed Andy a half dozen times, but his shifts in characterization have taken time to evolve. I don't really know why they keep doing it.

Andy went from an annoying doofus with an underlying anger problem to a guy with a more aggressive anger problem. Then returned from anger management with a much more subdued, laid-back, easy-going attitude. Then he started dating Angela and became a wimp and a "yes man." Then he became an awkward, likeable, love-sick guy when he was courting Erin. Then he became completely insecure, but very earnest when he became boss. Then he became totally aloof and inconsiderate once he and Erin got together. When they broke up, he became vindictive and malicious.

Completely insane character shifts.

I've always griped about the inconsistency with how they write characters like Kevin and Dwight, who seem to oscillate on a weekly basis.

Andy is a whole different story in that he's never exhibited an extended set of personality traits.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:14 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are just completely blowing it imo. Andy was one of my favorite characters, but these wild character changes suck fierce. It all just doesn't work. I might completely lose my **** if they pull some crap like split up Jim & Pam right at the end.

This show now is just a spin off after Michael left. Michael Scott was the straw that stirs the drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I never liked Andy so I don't care that they've changed him.

And of course they aren't gonna split Pam and Jim. This whole ordeal is meant to bring them closer together at the end.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:12 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Decent episode. Starting to wrap up Dwight's angle. This episode was obviously meant to be a prelude to the spin-off. I can see how it might have worked, but overall glad they scrapped it.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight still makes the show slightly watchable.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First episode in ages. I thought it was pretty good even if it wasn't very funny. Starting to wrap things up.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was the first episode in a long time where I lost count of how many times I laughed.

Andy getting trolled definitely the best part.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-08-2013, 08:27 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went to watch the Office last night and my DVR is full so I only got the first 11 minutes. Boo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Hulu, brah
Old 04-12-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Where has this Dwight been? I was in tears for most of that episode.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I heard last night was pretty funny. I'll watch it later when i get home. After last week, they might be going all out finally.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-21-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally caught up on the last two episodes. The Promos episode was fantastic. Maybe the best of the season. Stairmegeadon was pretty solid too.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 04-21-2013, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Finally caught up on the last two episodes. The Promos episode was fantastic. Maybe the best of the season. Stairmegeadon was pretty solid too.
I thought both were pretty terrible and I'm usually a defender of these latter seasons relative to most of you guys.

I don't think ending with three-straight 1-hour episodes is going to do much for the quality of the series' finish. This show usually struggles with longer episodes.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:33 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
I thought both were pretty terrible and I'm usually a defender of these latter seasons relative to most of you guys.

I don't think ending with three-straight 1-hour episodes is going to do much for the quality of the series' finish. This show usually struggles with longer episodes.
Terrible? Compared to what we have been getting this past season??

Dwight has been on fire.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-21-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

He said they were "maybe the best of the season." Even with a low opinion of the season as a whole, I don't think that could be true for most people.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
He said they were "maybe the best of the season." Even with a low opinion of the season as a whole, I don't think that could be true for most people.
Ahhh - I can say these past two episodes have had had the most moments that I have laughed out loud since Michael left.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-21-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Ahhh - I can say these past two episodes have had had the most moments that I have laughed out loud since Michael left.
I am stunned by such a declaration.

The Stanley/Dwight/Clark plot was arguably the worst the series has ever devised.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

I was saying the Promos episode was one of the best of the season. I'd say Stairmegeadon was about average. I don't like what they are doing with Jim and Pam though. The entire series, they hinted that Jim was destined for more. He finally is realizing his potential and it could lead to divorce?

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 04-21-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Anyone who thinks the series will end with anything shy of a happy, heartfelt reconciliation between Jim and Pam is crazy.

No one can really believe otherwise, right? Come on ..
Old 04-21-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone who thinks the series will end with anything shy of a happy, heartfelt reconciliation between Jim and Pam is crazy.

No one can really believe otherwise, right? Come on ..
Ever read the comments on officetally? I can't believe what I read sometimes.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote