Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 03-16-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Elam a lot but I do really wonder if he can hold up the way he plays through a full season.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the latest Mock at NFL N have us taking ZACH ERTZ at TE. Solid pick there. But I would wait until the 3rd or 4th and take Reed and go defense first two picks depending on BPA..
Old 03-16-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I like Elam a lot but I do really wonder if he can hold up the way he plays through a full season.
Same. I watched some tape on him last night. That size just worries me. I guess my biggest worry is that his career ceiling is that of a Bob Sanders type undersized safety. Sanders was dominant but you couldn't count on him at all. Those guys are fairly worthless to me.

Mainly, I was watching Florida to see what all the buzz around Shariff Floyd was about. Didn't impress me at all. I was bored watching him so I switched to Elam. Granted, it was only 2 games, but I figured Floyd would jump off the screen and he really didn't. Elam did a little bit, but I kept imagining him trying to cover huge TEs and I just didn't see enough to look past the height issue.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapo123 View Post
mock draft 1v:

1. eric reid - s

2. desmond trufant - cb

2. jordan reed - te

3. khaled holmes - c

3. robert woods - wr

4. kiko alonso - ilb

5. brandon williams - dt

6. caleb sturgis - k

7. branden hanson - g

this is going to change but this is a " rough draft " for my first effort
Underwhelming draft from my point of view. I'm not a big fan of Reid, but maybe I should be? A lot of people seem to mock him to us. I like Trufant, but I think he'll be gone before our first pick. Not a fan of taking Reed in round 2. Holmes and Woods are solid picks. Would like to see a D lineman go earlier than that for us, but Brandon Williams is a good value pick in the 5th I suppose.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Just no on Cyprien.. I would like really Elam but that is just me or Reid if possible at 34 .
Opposite for me. I'm a bigger fan of Cyprien than I am of Elam or Reid.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing about Floyd with me is, your supposed to be this dominant force, yet you had 3 sacks the entire year, and two of those came in your bowl game. Now Im not normally a guy to jump on stats about prospects but ppl are talking about him like he's this all-world talent. He's a flash guy. He's shows you flashes of ability. But he didn't dominate like some are making it seem. I still like his upside, but he isn't some slam dunk pick. His bust factor is definitely high.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I don't understand the Floyd hype at all. Star L looks way better on tape

I hope that the health thing at the combine drops Star to us, but I doubt it
Old 03-17-2013, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Norcal3518
Rookie

Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we get one of the top safeties. I just have no clue who we will get. I liked Reid a lot but after watching more film on him he got burned too much this past year for me to like him. If you watch him on previous years he looks very good but when you watch 2012 he isnt nearly as impressive. I really like Elam I dont worry about his size too much I think it is the only thing about him that has a question mark around him. He isnt that small tho he just isnt as big as the other 3 top safeties. But right now to me he is the number 2 safety in this class. Cyprien I like the more and more I watch him. The only thing about him is that he didnt face top competition in college. But I love how well he plays the whole field. If we could somehow get Vaccaro I would be excited I just dont see us making a move in the draft to get him unless he falls and I dont see that happening. At this point I hope we get Elam or Cyprien.

Last edited by Norcal3518 : 03-17-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Norcal3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Underwhelming draft from my point of view. I'm not a big fan of Reid, but maybe I should be? A lot of people seem to mock him to us. I like Trufant, but I think he'll be gone before our first pick. Not a fan of taking Reed in round 2. Holmes and Woods are solid picks. Would like to see a D lineman go earlier than that for us, but Brandon Williams is a good value pick in the 5th I suppose.
i think reid would solve a safety issue that is now open due to goldson being gone. trufant " could " be there since we pick second in the 2nd round. who know...i'm remaining optimisitic. reed i think will go to someone late second/early 3rd. either way he's a guy i'd like to see come to sf. with signing glenn dorsey i opted to go 5th round with a decent dt.
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chapo just made me think of this: with the signing of Dorsey, how about going after Hunt at the end of the 3rd? I'm not the biggest fan, but he is obviously a freak and has shown some flashes, like in their bowl game against Fresno.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hunt will be gone after at the very least the second round and i think he will be gone after the first.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch/stat...26817203335169

Quote:
RT @RickGosselinDMN: #49ers lost 4 players in FA who started combined 32 games in '12. Cost to have kept them: $91.75 M w/ $42.85 M gtd.
Yikes.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I'm sure Dan could have signed them all and added Mike Wallace too.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Norcal3518
Rookie

Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what do u guys think we do with the DT position? Sounds like they plan on using Dorsey all over the Dline but that has a lot to do if Ian williams impresses them or not. I really like jesse williams. He is my favorite out of the DTs that will fall towards the end of the first. John Jenkins and Johnathan Hankins I like as well two big body guys that can play that NT and occupy some gaps. Really I think what it comes down to is how much is the DT position a need afert signing Dorsey. I know we will draft a DT in the draft but now it just depends on where

Last edited by Norcal3518 : 03-17-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:16 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing Goldson, Walker, Sopoaga and Jean Francois are the four players.

The only player I would have kept 100% would have been Goldson. Sopoaga could care less. Jean Francois would have made an offer but no way would I pay him $5.5m a season. Walker would have been 50/50. He didnt get paid as much as I thought he would but honestly, probably would have let him go and draft his replacement. Goldson was a starter and a hard one to replace in my opinion plus he's played his best the last two years. No way would I have let him even hit FA, let alone walk but whatever, to each his own.

As for Mike Wallace, to be perfectly honestly, I probably would have went after him. $12m a year isnt a big deal because if you were to pay him the $30m guaranteed over the first three years while backloading huge base salaries in the last two years, while you would still be paying him a lot, if he declines by the fourth year, I would just release him and save that money.

You also have to take into account that I never would have re-signed Rogers last year so you can add that money to our cap room. Also have to add in trading/releasing Smith, Manningham, not acquiring Boldin, Goodwin and Akers.

If he wants, Shupp can figure out how much money we would have in cap room if those five players were traded/released and if we never signed Rogers last year.

I know that the majority of you guys here love building through the Draft and while im favoring the Draft more than ever before, I still like to sign a few free agents and keep some of our own players.

I think it was Vafya who said that franchising Goldson a second year could have caused problems in the locker room and morale but letting your top tier players who are starters leave too will have the same affect because it shows that the team isnt willing to pay their own players.

This off-season, I would have kept Goldson via the franchise tag if I had to, never would have traded for Boldin as he's this year's version of Moss. No thanks. Would most likely let the others leave, released Rogers, Akers, Manningham (injury settlement) and trade/release Smith.

The entire team pretty much stays intact and I go after Wallace to start opposite Crabtree. People will say that this wouldnt be possible but remember, the money thats been spent (on Rogers, Boldin, Dahl, Dorsey and Skuta) I wouldnt have spent so I would have that money in my cap room plus I would let a few players leave in 2014 including Haralson, Brown and Goodwin.

Justin Smith would be the wildcard in regards to whether or not I re-sign him. Granted, I did in my M13 CCM but at the same time, I still have almost $20m in cap room, kept the players I wanted, had a solid draft and signed a few backup free agents. And yes, I kept Goldson. :)

Reality wise, I probably would let him test FA and if he wants to come back at a solid salary, great but if not, bye bye. HUGE difference between overpaying and old veteran player and a young player in his prime. I rather pay the younger player but thats just me.

And quite honestly, Baalke and Harbaugh have done a great job in two years but let's be honest, they've also gotten extremely lucky too. When you look at the previous nine years, our team, luck, head coach, gm all sucked.

Team made it to the Super Bowl and while I still think that they can make it back there this year, if they keep letting their top tier players, its not going to stay that way for long because you cant expect ALL rookies and second year players to step up and do great from day one. Isnt going to happen. Thats why you sometimes have to overpay to keep your core intact and add a top tier FA instead of just another guy.

But whatever, to each his/her own.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal3518 View Post
what do u guys think we do with the DT position? Sounds like they plan on using Dorsey all over the Dline but that has a lot to do if Ian williams impresses them or not. I really like jesse williams. He is my favorite out of the DTs that will fall towards the end of the first. John Jenkins and Johnathan Hankins I like as well two big body guys that can play that NT and occupy some gaps. Really I think what it comes down to is how much is the DT position a need afert signing Dorsey. I know we will draft a DT in the draft but now it just depends on where
Well....according to rotoworld, 49ers plan to use Dorsey exclusively at NT especially in pass rushing situations. He may play backup at DE but considering our only other option is Ian Williams, im expecting Dorsey to start at NT.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Norcal3518
Rookie

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...nn-dorsey.html

Quote:
What position will Glenn Dorsey play? Is nose tackle where you think he'll end up?
JH: Yeah, I think the way Vic (Fangio) and Jimmy Tomsula do it, he's the nose with Ian Williams. Then if Ian comes along, he's going to get quite a few of those reps (at NT) and Glenn can be an end as well and take some of those snaps as well. So we have high hopes and expectations for his contribution.
Its hard to see them wanting him to play NT.he didnt do very well with DE in KC and he is a bit undersize to play the NT. There is a reason he didnt play it in KC. I personally would want to draft one of these big body DTs in this draft and let them plug some gaps and let our LBs run free. And allow dorsey to play all over the Line.

Last edited by Norcal3518 : 03-17-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they are counting on Ian Williams developing this year and hopefully starting at nose. It sounds like so far they want to use a lot more of a rotation on the D-line which would be huge since Ray Mac and Justin Smith have played more snaps on the d-line than anyone in the league the last two years (excluding teams where their TOP is really off balance).

I could see them moving up for Vaccaro if they like him enough they got get him mid to late teens maybe even early 20s.

I would really like the Hunt pick. So far Balmer is the only defensive lineman Tomsula hasn't been able to get anything out of. I think he could really help him develop.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Isn't Hunt 26 years old? That knocks him out of the first two days for me. Tremendous talent, but he's not going to start so taking an older backup early in the draft doesn't seem like a wise decision.

Old 03-17-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing with the NT position is we use alof of 4-3 looks with our base stuff too. If you look at how we were lined up alot on base defense, we would have one OLB standing right outside the outside shoulder of the tackle and the other OLB with his hand in the dirt, just over the other tackle on the opposite side of the formation. That's technically a 4-3 Under look. We were playing a 4-3, with 3-4 personnel. Not uncommon because other 3-4 teams do 4-3 stuff too. But we played 4-man lines over 60% of the time last year. More than any other 3-4 base defense I believe.

If you notice, the rest of the guys in the front seven could morph into either front relatively easy except Sopoaga, becaue he provided nothing in terms of penetration and one-gapping. And even in our 3-4 base, he wasn't as effective as he was in 2011. He only played 30% of our defensive snaps lat year because we couldn't really use him in our even fronts....he brought nothing to the table. Dorsey isn't as effective as an NT as Sopoaga as far as the run game and anchoring but he's more versatile, front-wise. You can put him at NT on a even line and let him one-gap because that was what he was so good at in college. He can sub for either Cowboy or Ray Mac in the nickel as the 3-Tech and provide depth there. You can push out to 5-Tech in a odd front and he can be productive there. He can be used in a lot of different ways. We can get more out of him than we could Sopoaga, who was basically just a run-stuffing NT and nothing more.

When we need more run-stuffing ability, we can use Williams at the NT. We can even use Williams and Dorsey together in a even front and let Dorsey play the UT and Williams play NT. Its a lot of versatility Dorsey brings that allows us more flexibility. Didn't see the fit at first but when I looked at some old games from this past season and really saw what we were doing along the line, it all made a little more sense as to why Dorsey was a top priority.

He said we were the first team to contact his agent and that we stayed on him during the early contact period right up until the start of free agency. They obviously had their eye on Dorsey all along and I think what that was the main reason.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Isn't Hunt 26 years old? That knocks him out of the first two days for me. Tremendous talent, but he's not going to start so taking an older backup early in the draft doesn't seem like a wise decision.
Yes he's 26, I would like Hunt @ # 61 but not at #31 or #34.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Opposite for me. I'm a bigger fan of Cyprien than I am of Elam or Reid.
I like Cyprien and Elam about equally right now. Have you guys seen much tape of DJ Swearinger? He reminds me a lot of Dashon. After Vaccarro, Swearinger might be the best FS in the draft. Swearinger is 5'10 210, ran a 4.67 40..so he's not quite the physical specimen that Goldson was but he plays just as aggressive, he's a hard hitter and has good coverage skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.

Last edited by Shupp : 03-17-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Swearinger is the one guy in this draft i see the most of Goldson in. Wouldn't mind picking him up in the late 2 or with our first third rounder.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal3518 View Post
Its hard to see them wanting him to play NT.he didnt do very well with DE in KC and he is a bit undersize to play the NT. There is a reason he didnt play it in KC. I personally would want to draft one of these big body DTs in this draft and let them plug some gaps and let our LBs run free. And allow dorsey to play all over the Line.
Dorsey would be an undersized NT like Jay Ratliff. If Dorsey can play like Ratliff before this year, he should be an upgrade over Sopoaga. Of course, Dorsey doesnt fit in the 3-4. Never has, never will but have to wait and see what happens. I wouldnt even draft a NT until mid rounds at the earliest because look at Sopoaga. He only played about 35% of the snaps. In our 3-4, its more like a 2-4-5. Justin and McDonald stay at the LOS with Aldon and Brooks outside them, Willis and Bowman in the middle and five defensive backs. It's almost like like 4-2-5 since Aldon and Brooks become DE's while Justin and McDonald move inside and become DT's.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Norcal3518
Rookie

Swearingers cover skills are not too impressive. I like that he is a hard hitter i think thats about the only comparison that he draws to goldson. The more and more I watch Cyprien the more I like him.

I really hope we dont touch Hunt.