Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 03-16-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
BigBearFan
Rookie

BigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default My 2nd Mock after some FA time - 2 rounds

Here's my 2nd attempt, thanks to those who provided some feedback on my
1st attempt a few weeks back.

As I stated before - if you don't like what I have give me a reason (a real one). Some things I certainly changed, some stayed the same.
I do have a nice twist with this one right off the bat .... so here goes.

#1 TRADE Arizona- Geno Smith-QB- WVU
I predict that either AZ or Buffalo will make this trade & pick Geno.
The Cards' O-Line is non-existent but they have NO QB to protect anyway!
Besides history has shown you can always improve your OLine in later rds

2. Jacksonville - Barkevious Mingo - OLB/DE - LSU
Their opposing QB's had a whole lot-a-time last year.

3. Oakland - Shariff Floyd - DT - Florida
Due to FA the shelf is rather empty at DT for the Raiders

4. Philadelphia - Eric Fisher - OT - Central Michigan
They have way to many ? 's with their Line this year and he would help out !

5. Detroit - Luke Joeckel - OT - Texas A&M
Not their biggest need, but with Backus announcing retirement, they need to keep Stafford upright to throw to C. Johnson & Pettigrew somehow.

6. Cleveland - Dee Milliner - CB - Bama'
Could go a # of directions - but w/ Flacco 2x a year - why not ??

7. TRADE - Kansas City (from AZ) - Star Loutuleilei - DT - Utah
Get the guy they wanted & stocked up on extra picks for the future.

8. Buffalo - Dion Jordan - OLB/DE - Oregon
They will not be happy about right now, they need a QB but need to improve their pass rush & their OLine just as much.

9. NY Jets - Ezekiel Ansah - DE - BYU
Fits their style of defense & has a ton of upside - will he work out?
Rex is willing to roll the dice.

10. Tennessee - Bjoren Werner - DE - FSU
This could go O-Line as well but they won't pass up on him here.

11. San Diego - Chance Warmack - OG - Bama'
They have holes all over their OLine but a certain CB from Fla St could go here as well, but with C.W. dropping down to them they wont resist.

12. Miami - Xaiver Rhodes - CB - Florida State
With WR not a top priority for now & both Fisher & Joeckel gone. They may trade down or make a much needed improvement in the secondary.

13. Tampa Bay - Corradelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee
(If they don't trade for Revis, they're still here) With the release of Penn and Rhodes off the board, they need to somehow give Freeman some help.

14. Carolina - Lane Johnson - OT - Oklahoma
No surprise here, for them this is a BIG need & they fill it with a BIG fix.

15. New Orleans - Jarvis Jones - OLB - Georgia
Look who drops down !! With the spine I think he'll slip a little, & Rob Ryan begins building his attacking 3-4 with a nice pick !

16. St. Louis - Keenan Allen - WR - California
Bradford needs more weapons & Fisher knows it.

17. Pittsburgh - Kenny Vaccarro - S - U.Texas
Went back & forth with this one a bit. With Palamalu at the end of a great career, they'll wait to pick up a WR later on.

18. Dallas - Sheldon Richardson - DT - Mizzou
Want C. Warmack or Johnson to fill their bigger need but for now they'll improve their Run defense with this disruptive force. May take Fluker here.

19. NY Giants - Damontre Moore - DE - Texas A&M
They have a history of developing D Linemen & they're good at it !

20. Chicago - Jonathon Cooper - OG - UNC
They might trade down which is ok with me or insert Tavon Austin here as well. However, even if they do resign L. Louis they NEED help at Guard !

21. Cinncinnati - Alec Ogletree - LB - Georgia
This would be huge for them! The question is - can he behave off the field ?

22. St. Louis - DJ Fluker - OT - Bama'
Wouldn't surprise me if they went w/ Trufant or a LB here but they won't be able to resist Fluker's size & strength at this spot.

23. Minnesota - Jessie Williams - DT - Bama'
They need youth here & the "Williams' wall" makes it's return which will free up Jared Allen on the outside - HOLY CRAP!

24. Indianapolis - Desmond Trufant - CB - Washington
They could do a few things here - but I think this is a much needed improvement.

25. Minnesota - Tavon Austin - WR - WVU
With the trade of Percy Harvin, they need a return guy & Lord knows that Austin will stretch the field. Which means Peterson has bigger lanes - more HOLY CRAP!

26. Green Bay - Eddie Lacy - RB - Bama'
Could go a few ways here - but since they didn't want Benson & lost the Steven Jackson FA war - they'll try and move on.

27. Houston - Manti Teo' - LB - Notre Dame
They have no problems with him here. With Demarco Ryans long gone & R Cushing coming back from a big knee injury they need some depth.
Anyways, Houston is good place to find a new girlfriend.

28. Denver - Jonathon Hankins - DT - Ohio State
Had him here last time, now he'll definitely be a good fit with Dumervil gone & besides he's soooo BIG (360 lbs) he could fill 3 holes by himself.

29. New England - Menelik Watson - OT - Florida State
This draft they start rebuilding the trenches to keep an aging Brady healthy.

30. Atlanta - "Tank" Carradine - DE - Florida State
They let go Abraham - so this (like last time) still makes sense.

31. San Francisco - Alex Okafor - DE - U.Texas
With their FA problem on the DLine this year & next they'll need some depth.

32. Baltimore - Kevin Minter - LB - LSU
They will be thrilled if he is still on the board at this point, if not a S is possible.

2nd Round - I did not list Supplemental & "Bounty-gate" picks

1. Jacksonville - Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame
Last night I had him going to Minnesota, however after some "thought" I'm not real sure where he falls to. I know Jacksonville needs some weapons on offense.

2. San Francisco - Eric Reid - S - LSU
They might take WR here, but since the WR class is deep this year. They can be patient.

3. Philly - Jonathon Banks - CB - Miss State
With their stud CB released (his name is too long to type) they try & replace

4. Detroit - Datone Jones - DE - UCLA
With FA - probably their #1 overall need & they get a STEAL here with him !!

5. Cincinnati - Jonathon Cyprien - S - Florida International
Now that they have Ogletree - they put a very nice piece behind him as well.
Could certainly address OLine with this pick as well.

6. Arizona - Barrett Jones - C/G - Bama'
They hope he falls to them here & he'll certainly give them some options since he can move around to different spots if need be.

7. NY Jets - Matt Barkley - QB - USC
Rex is politely telling Sanchez "get your head out of your A$$ or else".
They might pick up RB Bernard/M. Ball here as well.

8. Tennessee - Kyle Long - OT - Oregon
A nice pick up for them here & he has experience with both Guard & Tackle.

9. Buffalo - Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse
I know, I know - this won't be popular. I can't convince myself they'll take EJ Manuel or Wilson here & Glennon is not the Marrone type of QB. But they have to take a QB with the release of Fitzpatrick !!

10. Miami - Dallas Thomas - OT Tennessee.
With Jake Long probably long gone thanks to FA they need some help!

11. Tampa Bay - Mike Glennon - QB - NC State
Josh Freeman hasn't exactly been the nice prospect he once was a few years ago, so they get an insurance policy. I know I would at this point.

12. Carolina - Sylvester Williams - DT - UNC
Need somebody for those nice LB's they have to keep OLinemen away from them in order for them to make more plays.

13. San Diego - Matt Elam S - Florida
Need some help in the secondary & they hope he will help.

14. St. Louis - Kawaan Short - DT - Purdue
With the offense addressed in the 1st they attempt to get a disruptive force for the D here in the 2nd. I wouldn't be surprised if goes higher than this.

15. Dallas - Larry Warford - OG - Kentucky
Now they're ok with the situation left over from the 1st round.

16. Pittsburgh - Robert Woods - WR - USC
Not sure about this one here, is he the next best WR at this point ??
Regardless - With they're style of offense - I think he'd be a nice fit.

17. NY Giants - Justin Hunter - WR - Tennessee
I think he would be nice compliment to their offense, could take a CB here too.

18. Chicago - Arthur Brown - LB - K-State
I realize I'am a little bias here !! I would be ecstatic if he drops down to this point. If his shoulder checks out he would be AWESOME in Chicago.

19. Washington - David Amerson - CB - NC State
If A Brown is gone the Bears might take a CB as well - but Wash could use a little help in this area & with this CB class there are-a-plenty.

20. Minnesota - Logan Ryan - CB - Rutgers
I want to say to Antoine Winfield was released ?? Regardless he's over 30 & slowing down.

21. Cincinnati - Montee Ball - RB - Wisconsin
He certainly improved his stock with his pro-day & they don't have a legit RB that I know of.

22. Miami - Sam Montgomery - DE - LSU
They roll the dice here a little with his "I take plays off against easier teams" comment. Which makes me wonder about his overall work ethic .

23. Green Bay - Justin Pugh - OT - Syracuse
They need more so a C since Saturday retired, but they also had HUGE depth issues as well which was exposed last year.

24. Seattle - Margus Hunt - DE - Southern Methodist
Their 1st pick this year & they get a MONSTER - 6'8" and 290lbs. However, the question is - Did he really play against legit competition ??

25. Houston - Jordan Poyer - CB - Oregon State
I don't think anyone is going to complain about this pick up & besides they were pretty set on Offense last year.

26. Denver - Travis Fredrick - OG/C - Wisconsin
With Stokley signed in FA they can pass on WR, they might take a CB - Champ is old !! But they also want to keep Peyton upright as well !!

27. New England - John Jenkins - DT - Georgia
With V. Wilfork getting older this makes sense.

28. Atlanta - Zach Ertz - TE - Stanford
I don't care if Gonzo is coming back - he is still 37 !!!!

29. San Francisco - Deandre Hopkins - WR - Clemson
They get a nice pick up here - Moss is as old as dirt, and K Williams is more of a return guy then a WR guy.

30. Oday Aboushi - OT - Virginia
Better start investing in some OLine help for your new $120 MILLION investment !

Guys that will probably creep in somewhere but I didn't know where to put them.
EJ Manuel QB
Khaseem Greene OLB
Da' Rick Rogers WR
Phillip Thomas S

Well there you go - let me have it - give me your best shot !

Last edited by BigBearFan : 03-17-2013 at 07:14 AM.
BigBearFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
ChicagoBearsVet23
Veteran

ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perfect Bears Draft. Don't see Brown falling.
ChicagoBearsVet23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh. I would hate that as a Raider fan. Chiefs pick up extra picks, Raiders take Floyd? Gross.

EDIT: I think if Phillip Thomas drops into 3rd, he will be high priority target for Raiders.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not going to say anything....but you know im upset.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really nice Colts Mock.

CB Vonta Davis
FS Antoine Bethea
SS LaRon Landry
CB Desmond Trufant

I like it.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBearFan View Post
31. San Francisco - Alex Okafor - DE - U.Texas
With their FA problem on the DLine this year & next they'll need some depth.
Just trying to understand your rationale...

They lost a DE and NT to FA. You drafted them an OLB.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:40 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did we just flip 1st's with AZ or what else did we get in return?like moving down and getting Star by the way
Old 03-17-2013, 01:13 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyler Eifert to the Vikings is the worst possible pick you could make for them. Kyle Rudolph played really well last year and can split out wide, they paid John Carlson quite well in free agency last year, and Rhett Ellison played very well for a 4th round rookie last year. They have ZERO need for a TE.

Williams and Ryan are both good picks, but I see no way that they leave the first two rounds without taking a WR.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Last edited by marshallb : 03-17-2013 at 01:16 AM.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:01 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice Miami draft

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:46 AM    (permalink
BigBearFan
Rookie

BigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default To answer a few question/critics....

Of course KC will get additional picks - use your imagination - something like, this year's 3rd & next year's 1st. Bottom line, Arizona & Buffalo have both been on a QB emotional roller coaster for a good stretch....

BallerT - what can I say - I'd be pissed off too, you know as well as I do sometimes that's just the way it goes in the sports world (God only knows how many times I have been upset with the Bears' organization). Wasn't trying to offend you brother, just don't seeing it working out well for you guys - unless you are the ones who make that trade.

Alex Okafor - is he not a DE ?? I thought he certainly played past 2 years @ UT ?? I'll check his bio. I here what you're saying you need DLine help - so if you're not a Okafor fan, you could easily take Tank, Datone Jones, or even possibly S. Montgomery with your 1st pick.

Last edited by BigBearFan : 03-17-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:48 AM    (permalink
BigBearFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Tyler Eifert to the Vikings is the worst possible pick you could make for them. Kyle Rudolph played really well last year and can split out wide, they paid John Carlson quite well in free agency last year, and Rhett Ellison played very well for a 4th round rookie last year. They have ZERO need for a TE.

Williams and Ryan are both good picks, but I see no way that they leave the first two rounds without taking a WR.
Nice play - I completely forgot about Kyle Rudolph !! Fair enough.
Just made a nice SWITCH for you - it makes sense & it fits teams' needs.

Last edited by BigBearFan : 03-17-2013 at 07:15 AM.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:26 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post

nah man, it actually has some logic to it, 3 ND TEs, just get a new one every year but admittedly its not a great pick when you look at the depth chart.

For the saints the OP nailed the pick

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FYI, Ansah is a fairly poor fit for our defense as is, but much like Coples would be BPA at that spot and would clearly be the pick. I'd expect them to run the 4-3 more if they did get Ansah though
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:43 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

No offense Big Bears Fan, but this is the absolute worst Bucs mock I've seen this year. We need two starting CBs, a starting DT and a pass rusher.. A WR and a backup QB make zero sense for us with our defensive needs.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:11 AM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, this would be the absolute perfect scenario for the Bears. Not gonna happen though.
rawdawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take this years 3rd and next years 1st to move down 6 spots. And I like Star. Good job with KC.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Menelik Watson doesn't know how to play football. He's a developmental prospect. 3rd rounder at best. Belichick drafts players who have a history of producing in college in the first round. Not many projects. I can't think of any. Give me Kawann Short and DeAndre Hopkins or Markus Wheaton.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
#1 TRADE Arizona- Geno Smith-QB- WVU
I predict that either AZ or Buffalo will make this trade & pick Geno.
The Cards' O-Line is non-existent but they have NO QB to protect anyway!
Besides history has shown you can always improve your OLine in later rds
That's true, except for LT. Here's a breakdown of the 32 starting LTs in the league:

BUF: Glenn - Rnd 2 Pick 41
MIA: Long - Rnd 1 Pick 1
NE: Solder - Rnd 1 Pick 17
NYJ: Ferguson - Rnd 1 Pick 4
BAL: Oher - Rnd 1 Pick 23
CIN: Whitworth - Rnd 2 Pick 55
CLE: Thomas - Rnd 1 Pick 3
PIT: Starks - Rnd 3 Pick 75 (NOTE: Likely replaced by Adams: Rnd 2 Pick 56 this year)
IND: Castonzo - Rnd 1 Pick 22
JAC: Monroe - Rnd 1 Pick 8
HOU: Brown - Rnd 1 Pick 26
TEN: Roos - Rnd 2 Pick 41
DEN: Clady - Rnd 1 Pick 12
KC: Albert - Rnd 1 Pick 15
OAK: Veldheer - Rnd 3 Pick 69
SD: Gaither - Rnd 5 supplemental
DAL: Smith - Rnd 1 Pick 9
PHI: Peters - UDFA
NYG: Beatty - Rnd 2 Pick 60
WAS: Williams - Rnd 1 Pick 4
CHI: Webb - Rnd 7 Pick 218 (struggled mightily, replaced by Bushrod this year)
DET: Backus - Rnd 1 Pick 18
GB: Newhouse - Rnd 5 Pick 169 (struggled, likely replaced by 1st round pick Sherrod)
MIN: Kalil - Rnd 1 Pick 4
ATL: Baker - Rnd 1 Pick 21
CAR: Gross - Rnd 1 Pick 8
NO: Bushrod - Rnd 4 Pick 125
TB: Penn - UDFA
ARI: Batiste - UDFA (worst LT in the league last year)
SEA: Okung - Rnd 1 Pick 6
SF: Staley - Rnd 1 Pick 28
STL: Saffold - Rnd 2 Pick 33

So if you're keeping score thats:
1st round LTs - 18
2nd round LTs - 5
3rd round LTs - 2
Late round LTs - 7 (3 of whom struggled heavily and have been replaced, or will be replaced, one of which is the Cardinals' LT)

In conclusion, the Cardinals would be making a HUGE mistake if they didn't take a LT in the 1st round. There are more successful late round QBs than there are LTs in this league surprisingly enough. Penn and Peters are the only 2 that really fit that description.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
apernesky
Rookie

apernesky hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Nice Draft

Love the start... but have tough time seeing the OT passed on if they are there @ #2

If BALL is around when steez pick in 2nd they have to take him... i think they might take Lacy in first if they go O
apernesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great sf picks!
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
That's true, except for LT. Here's a breakdown of the 32 starting LTs in the league:

BUF: Glenn - Rnd 2 Pick 41
MIA: Long - Rnd 1 Pick 1
NE: Solder - Rnd 1 Pick 17
NYJ: Ferguson - Rnd 1 Pick 4
BAL: Oher - Rnd 1 Pick 23
CIN: Whitworth - Rnd 2 Pick 55
CLE: Thomas - Rnd 1 Pick 3
PIT: Starks - Rnd 3 Pick 75 (NOTE: Likely replaced by Adams: Rnd 2 Pick 56 this year)
IND: Castonzo - Rnd 1 Pick 22
JAC: Monroe - Rnd 1 Pick 8
HOU: Brown - Rnd 1 Pick 26
TEN: Roos - Rnd 2 Pick 41
DEN: Clady - Rnd 1 Pick 12
KC: Albert - Rnd 1 Pick 15
OAK: Veldheer - Rnd 3 Pick 69
SD: Gaither - Rnd 5 supplemental
DAL: Smith - Rnd 1 Pick 9
PHI: Peters - UDFA
NYG: Beatty - Rnd 2 Pick 60
WAS: Williams - Rnd 1 Pick 4
CHI: Webb - Rnd 7 Pick 218 (struggled mightily, replaced by Bushrod this year)
DET: Backus - Rnd 1 Pick 18
GB: Newhouse - Rnd 5 Pick 169 (struggled, likely replaced by 1st round pick Sherrod)
MIN: Kalil - Rnd 1 Pick 4
ATL: Baker - Rnd 1 Pick 21
CAR: Gross - Rnd 1 Pick 8
NO: Bushrod - Rnd 4 Pick 125
TB: Penn - UDFA
ARI: Batiste - UDFA (worst LT in the league last year)
SEA: Okung - Rnd 1 Pick 6
SF: Staley - Rnd 1 Pick 28
STL: Saffold - Rnd 2 Pick 33

So if you're keeping score thats:
1st round LTs - 18
2nd round LTs - 5
3rd round LTs - 2
Late round LTs - 7 (3 of whom struggled heavily and have been replaced, or will be replaced, one of which is the Cardinals' LT)

In conclusion, the Cardinals would be making a HUGE mistake if they didn't take a LT in the 1st round. There are more successful late round QBs than there are LTs in this league surprisingly enough. Penn and Peters are the only 2 that really fit that description.
BUF - No earthly idea (?)
MIA - Ryan Tannehill (1)
NE - Tom Brady (6)
NYJ - Mark Sanchez (1)
BAL - Joe Flacco (1)
CIN - Andy Dalton (2)
CLE - Brandon Weeden (1)
PIT - Ben Roethlistberger (1)
IND - Andrew Luck (1)
JAC - Blaine Gabbert (1)
HOU - Matt Schaub (3)
TEN - Jake Locker (1)
DEN - Peyton Manning (1)
KC - Alex Smith (1)
OAK - Carson Palmer (1)
SD - Philip Rivers (1)
DAL - Tony Romo (UDFA)
PHI - Mike Vick (1)
NYG - Eli Manning (1)
WAS - Robert Griffin (1)
CHI - Jay Cutler (1)
DET - Matt Stafford (1)
GB - Aaron Rodgers (1)
MIN - Christian Ponder (1)
ATL - Matt Ryan (1)
CAR - Cam Newton (1)
NO - Drew Brees (2)
TB - Josh Freeman (1)
ARI - Who knows (?)
SEA - Russell Wilson (3)
SF - Colin Kaepernick (2)
STL - Sam Bradford (1)

1st round QBs: 23
2nd round QBs: 3
3rd round QBs: 2
Anything later: 4

It's very clear that if you want a good chance of hitting on a franchise caliber type QB, you take them in 1. You don't wait until 2-7. Not all of the QBs drafted in the 1st are good, or pan out, but it's clear the NFL brass agrees that the place to get a QB is in the first round.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You address our biggest needs in NT and OL, so solid overall.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
It's very clear that if you want a good chance of hitting on a franchise caliber type QB, you take them in 1. You don't wait until 2-7. Not all of the QBs drafted in the 1st are good, or pan out, but it's clear the NFL brass agrees that the place to get a QB is in the first round.
You can't force the issue if there aren't any 1st round QBs though, and with 3 clear 1st round LTs, it'd be a mistake for a team that needs both like the Cardinals to trade up for Geno Smith instead of just taking one of Joeckel, Fisher, or Lane Johnson. They can get a QB who isn't much worse than Geno Smith in the 2nd round. They CANNOT get a LT even close to as good as Joeckel, Fisher, or Johnson outside of the 1st. No chance. Not even debatable.

I also think you missed my point in that post, which was responding to the OP saying 'you can find o-linemen later in the draft' and I was arguing that you cannot find LTs later in the draft. I wasn't saying that you can find franchise QBs later in the draft. It's about the same for LTs and QBs (Brady and Romo for QB, Penn and Peters for LT as only successful late/ud players currently in the league).

Last edited by Robcards : 03-17-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
great sf picks!
Wrong

Quote:
Of course KC will get additional picks - use your imagination - something like, this year's 3rd & next year's 1st. Bottom line, Arizona & Buffalo have both been on a QB emotional roller coaster for a good stretch....

BallerT - what can I say - I'd be pissed off too, you know as well as I do sometimes that's just the way it goes in the sports world (God only knows how many times I have been upset with the Bears' organization). Wasn't trying to offend you brother, just don't seeing it working out well for you guys - unless you are the ones who make that trade.

Alex Okafor - is he not a DE ?? I thought he certainly played past 2 years @ UT ?? I'll check his bio. I here what you're saying you need DLine help - so if you're not a Okafor fan, you could easily take Tank, Datone Jones, or even possibly S. Montgomery with your 1st pick.
The niners run a 3-4 Okafor would play OLB in their defense. He is also a reach in the first round. The other picks work.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
No offense Big Bears Fan, but this is the absolute worst Bucs mock I've seen this year. We need two starting CBs, a starting DT and a pass rusher.. A WR and a backup QB make zero sense for us with our defensive needs.
Gotta agree with this.

The part about "Freeman needing some help" is especially odd considering that the guy just broke the franchise record for passing yards in a season this past year. Sure, the Bucs need some depth at WR and a reliable slot receiver, but if you want to help Freeman out with a 1st round pick, get him a RT who doesn't pass block like a matador.