Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 03-17-2013, 09:44 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With his RFA status is it possible to trade him for a 3rd? Or do we have to offer him a contract then do the 1st round pick thing where the Giants can match.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eal-is-coming/

Irsay saying a big deal might be coming.

My guess is Cruz. That would be so cool. Although trading picks sucks because we have so little.
What's the latest on that? Our whole giants MB is following that. Anyone live in Indy? What's their sports talk radio saying? It looked like Irsay was drunk when he posted all that.

But I am interested to see if it is for Cruz or not. He said WR, and here is no one else left, so I am thinking it is Cruz.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:08 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard speculation about Cruz, Miles Austin, Jeremy Maclin, Desean Jackson, Larry Fitzgerald. But haven't heard anything new since late last night/early this morning.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:25 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not Cruz.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-victor-cruz/

Quote:
Remember how we said Giants executive Steve Tisch believes someone will try to sign receiver Victor Cruz away in restricted free agency?

Well, the Colts don’t appear to be an immediate suitor for Cruz, owner Jim Irsay said Sunday evening, per multiple reports from Phoenix, where the NFL is holding its annual meeting.

Irsay, of course, has indicated that the Colts are looking at adding to their wide receiver corps. ”We’d like to get another receiver. Got one targeted,” Irsay said Sunday, according to Tom Rock of Newsday.

But Cruz isn’t the receiver the Colts have their eye on, Irsay indicated.

“(It’s) not Cruz, no,” Irsay said, according to Jim Corbett of USA Today. Other NFL writers wrote similarly on Twitter.

So there we have it.

Cruz is No. 3 on PFT’s Free Agent Hot 100. But he’s not the one receiver who has the Colts’ attention right now, apparently.
My guess now is Doug Baldwin. He played for Stanford with Luck and Pep Hamilton.

EDIT: Maclin would also be interesting.

Overall though I think I would rather just draft one rather than lose a pick.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm not interested in losing more picks unless it's for a seriously good WR. Maclin and especially Baldwin (and I've even heard Josh Cribbs) don't really fit that bill. Even Cruz would've been frustrating since we have TY already on the roster.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-18-2013, 11:20 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How often does 1 team get Mr. Irrelevant 2 years in a row?

Apparently that is our only compensation pick.

I hope they make it count.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And we got our veteran back-up QB, Matt Hasselbeck.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/519/matt-hasselbeck

Good signing.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:42 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

It's a solid signing but I wonder about the price. I also wish we'd get another guard already. Brandon Moore and Kevin Boothe are still out there.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-19-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's a solid signing but I wonder about the price. I also wish we'd get another guard already. Brandon Moore and Kevin Boothe are still out there.
For some reason I feel like they are done. But yes I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
For some reason I feel like they are done. But yes I wholeheartedly agree with you.
IMO that is not good enough. Can't count on getting a good guard in the draft. I'm not sad we signed Toler but I wish we'd gotten a guard like Vasquez instead and went for a corner in the draft.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-19-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
IMO that is not good enough. Can't count on getting a good guard in the draft. I'm not sad we signed Toler but I wish we'd gotten a guard like Vasquez instead and went for a corner in the draft.
I would disagree. While I would have liked to signed Vasquez or one of the other top guards available I would say that this year's guard class is better than this year's cornerback class. We will have a better chance of finding a good guard than a good corner.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Just signed Aubrayo Franklin.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-19-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He ended last year on IR with a knee injury. Hopefully he, McKinney, & Chapman can share the load enough so that they're all healthy at the end of the season.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really starting to want Jesse Williams on our team. If Chapman is healthy he and Williams would be a great start to a dominant line. If the top OT's are gone I would want him as our next option.

EDIT: Any update on Ben Ijalana? Is he still with us?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Still on the team but I don't expect anything from him.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-20-2013, 01:21 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Still on the team but I don't expect anything from him.
Same here, And the fact that Peyton didn't like him makes me thinks he doesn't have the right attitude for our team.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 03-20-2013, 09:17 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Who knows. Maybe with a new OC and new offensive system they'll get something out of him. If he could even just be a solid backup that would help a lot.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-22-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starting to gather from other colts boards people think we need a receiver. I don't think we should touch one till the 4th round at the earliest.

Edit: Maybe if tavon austin fell to us

Old 03-23-2013, 12:00 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

I like DeAndre Hopkins in the first. Not overly fast, but a polished route runner. Seems like he could turn into a Reggie Wayne if things go right. Come to think of it, we're very shallow at WR. If Wayne gets injured, Brazil is starting.

Interesting fact: aside from missing 3 games his rookie year (probably while he was developing), Reggie has played in all 16 games 11 seasons in a row.

Also, what are people's thoughts on Hilton playing on the outside. Is there a quality or skill that's different form playing inside?

Last edited by falloutboy14 : 03-23-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:02 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

One thing to remember is to count Allen and Fleener as receivers. We will be running 2 TE sets a lot. If Wayne gets injured (and he hasn't missed a game in a long time) then the top 3 targets are Allen, Hilton, and Fleener. Still pretty thin, but it's not like Brazill would become the 2nd read in most packages.

If we picked up a WR in the 1st I would not mind as long as it was actually a good value. I don't want to reach on one.

Grigson told Hilton to put on 10 lbs. in the offseason. Presumably so he could play more on the outside and not get pushed around. In the slot he gets open by being fast and shifty and blowing past LBs, safeties, and nickel corners. On the outside he would be facing faster and more-talented corners. That means he needs to develop his routes, learn to get off jams and handfight, and really perfect a few moves to create separation. He will never be the type that muscles his way open obviously. Speed isn't enough, there are lots of fast corners or strong corners that won't let him get away. I'm not convinced Hilton has what it takes to play full-time on the outside.

I guess I've talked myself into thinking we need a WR2.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-23-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Quote:
One thing to remember is to count Allen and Fleener as receivers. We will be running 2 TE sets a lot. If Wayne gets injured (and he hasn't missed a game in a long time) then the top 3 targets are Allen, Hilton, and Fleener. Still pretty thin, but it's not like Brazill would become the 2nd read in most packages.

If we picked up a WR in the 1st I would not mind as long as it was actually a good value. I don't want to reach on one.

Grigson told Hilton to put on 10 lbs. in the offseason. Presumably so he could play more on the outside and not get pushed around. In the slot he gets open by being fast and shifty and blowing past LBs, safeties, and nickel corners. On the outside he would be facing faster and more-talented corners. That means he needs to develop his routes, learn to get off jams and handfight, and really perfect a few moves to create separation. He will never be the type that muscles his way open obviously. Speed isn't enough, there are lots of fast corners or strong corners that won't let him get away. I'm not convinced Hilton has what it takes to play full-time on the outside.

I guess I've talked myself into thinking we need a WR2.
The first sentence I completely agree with and people don't seem to understand that. I think next year will be a big year for Fleener and Allen. I would just rather invest in either line, OLB, CB with our top 2 picks then in round 4 hope someone like Da'Rick Rodgers is there.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...it-with-colts/

Quote:
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Heyward-Bey is expected to visit with the Colts soon, possibly as early as today.
What do you guys think?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 03-25-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I think as long as we don't pay him a lot he could be a solid #2. He had a very strong 2011 season with Carson Palmer throwing the football. And, if Reggie can be a mentor for a couple seasons, DHB might learn to catch the ball, run some decent routes, and be a good target for Luck at a bargain price. I like the idea, just don't want to pay him a lot when he's been a disappointment for the #7 overall pick.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-25-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

He is certainly talented. Could be a great get if we get him cheap enough.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
He is certainly talented. Could be a great get if we get him cheap enough.
He had a really good 2011. Almost had 1000 yards in 15 games. If he wants to play and gets out of the black hole Oakland he could be a pretty good player.