Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,799
Reputation: 167514
Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
If you actually think Alex Smith is the future of anything on this team then you're out of your mind. Anyone with half a brain knows the QB position is far from solved for the Chiefs.
Teams typically have a 6 month plan, 12 month plan, and 18 month plan. Considering Smith is under contract for 2 years, and his backup is under contract for 3, it's safe to say that QB is not on the Chiefs' needs list for this off-season.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Welcome back to my ranch ya turds.
Posts: 28,323
Reputation: 8504142
vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Teams typically have a 6 month plan, 12 month plan, and 18 month plan. Considering Smith is under contract for 2 years, and his backup is under contract for 3, it's safe to say that QB is not on the Chiefs' needs list for this off-season.
Have you ever disagreed with a move that the Jets made? I'm simply disagreeing with the decision to give up premium picks for a mediocre, game manager QB. In two or three years, when Alex Smith is no longer on the roster, the Chiefs #1 need will still be QB. It's that simple.

They might think the QB position is solved, but it isn't. It's far from it, and that is going to make for a very disappointing 2-3 years in KC.
__________________


** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,103
Reputation: 143066
Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by findthedr View Post
heh.

definition of abstract thought: thinking that is coherent and logical.

No son, let me help you out like I help out my clients. Abstract thought is a psychological term. Abstract thinking is one of the baseline levels of intelligence. I've probably lost you already, but I'll provide a clinical definition anyway:

Definition
Psych Central defines abstract thinking as "the ability to use symbolic representation or logic" and "the opposite of ... concretism." The Psychology Dictionary writes that abstract thinking refers to generalizations, that is, "the ability to grasp essentials and common properties, to keep different aspects of a situation in mind and shift from one to another, to predict and plan ahead, to think symbolically, and draw conclusions." Basically, it is the opposite of concrete thinking, which is literal thinking based in the present time and space.


http://www.ehow.com/info_8768725_definition-abstract-thought.html

You sir have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that you have problems using symbolic representation as well as keeping different aspects of a situation in mind by virtue of the fact that you fail to retain the most import element of the discussion, that being the discussion if based on the hypothetical notion that the Chiefs have decided on or are strongly considering drafting Ezekiel Ansah with the #1 pick. You have demonstrated this failure through several trials. You are a concrete thinking more so than an abstract thinking and that's why you have having such difficulty. If you are going to continue to argue, I suggest you write a sticky on you forehead with a phrase that reminds you that the scope of the discussion is based on a hypothetical based on an unconfirmed report.



Read more: Definition of Abstract Thought | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_8768725_def...#ixzz2NoAlrVdE

Here are your posts in sequential order (truncated post 1, 2)



Black Bolt, is your name Tyrone in real life? cuz you really need to get your **** together!

Oh, believe me, I've got it together well enough to undress you in a debate with minimal effort.

That is a big if.

No ****. I've been telling you this since you decided to take issue with me. You are the one that failed to recognize the hypothetical nature of the discussion. Glad my words finally took root.

This is smoke and mirror time and you have to take the reports with a grain of salt. Instead, earlier, you run with the reports as if it is fact...which it is not. it is speculation. your earlier post:

You couldn't have meant to post this link. Hey genius, did you notice the word "apparently?" How the hell does "apparently" translate to "fact?" Apparently, only in the mind of fools.

There are a number of things that are well, obvious with you, among them being you don't buy into the report, and that's perfectly fine. However, if that was the case, the logical thing to do would be to preclude your initial response by stating your believe that the report is false up front. The real fact of the matter is that neither me nor you know if the report has any validity, yet we chose to engaged in a debate solely based on the assumption that it is true. What we didn't do was debated the actual validity of the report. Therefore, any notion that I am somehow accepting as fact the Chiefs are going to draft Ansah and you aren't is both patently false and irrelevant. The debate was hypothetical from the beginning. In other words, the joke has been on your the entire time and you are just now realizing it.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 03-17-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,799
Reputation: 167514
Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

To enforce that point the gap between Smith and a replacement level QB is much larger than the gap between these players and a replacement level player of that position:

- Jon Baldwin or Donnie Avery
- Cory Greenwood (this one may be under replacement level, how have the Chiefs not signed an ILB yet)
- Shaun Draughn
- Tyson Jackson
- Abdullah/Hartman
- Whoever your RT is since Winston got cut, Stephenson?

When you can drastically upgrade one of these positions where you have replacement level talent, it makes absolutely no sense to draft a QB when you have someone who is far better than a QB you can get off the street. It's about making the team as a whole better, and if having a QB was everything, the proper strategy would be to draft a QB rounds 1-7 and have a huge camp battle for the starting gig until you found the franchise QB. That simply isn't the case though.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,799
Reputation: 167514
Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Have you ever disagreed with a move that the Jets made? I'm simply disagreeing with the decision to give up premium picks for a mediocre, game manager QB. In two or three years, when Alex Smith is no longer on the roster, the Chiefs #1 need will still be QB. It's that simple.

They might think the QB position is solved, but it isn't. It's far from it, and that is going to make for a very disappointing 2-3 years in KC.
They clearly don't think there are any franchise QBs in the 2013 draft. It's a lame situation to be in, and I agree that giving up their 2nd rounder was a bit much for Alex Smith, but regardless they did it and it's over with and there's nothing you can do about it except realize that QB just isn't on your teams draft radar for this year.

On a side note, I like what Izdik has been doing in regards to the QB situation, trying to get cheapo vets in to compete for the job until next year when we'll have a crack at someone like Teddy Bridgewater.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 135
Reputation: 108942
findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Hey genius, did you notice the word "apparently?" How the hell does "apparently" translate to "fact?" Apparently, only in the mind of fools.
definition of apparent: Readily seen; visible. Readily understood; clear or obvious.

How is it apparent? Only facts we know are that the chiefs have brought in Lane Johnson, Ziggy Ansah, Joeckel, and Fisher in for private workouts. It is not clear that they are considering them all for #1 overall.
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,103
Reputation: 143066
Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
They clearly don't think there are any franchise QBs in the 2013 draft.
You are making any number of assumptions here. Here are a few:

- You assume they don't think Alex Smith is a franchise QB. If in their minds they have a franchise QB that is young, why would they pick another?

- You assume the don't see Geno Smith as a franchise QB. Again, they might, but they feel they have one with NFL experience one is a former #1 pick overall.

- You assume their evaluation of Geno Smith was completed weeks ago and that they don't question their conclusion. Have you noticed the shift in thinking about Geno's Smith's ranking in the last few weeks? I recall Jacksonville publicly stating their intention to stick with Blaine Gabbert, only to show interest in Smith. Obviously, we will never know if KC questions their decision. We know Vidae does!

- You assume the decision translate directly to the evaluation of Geno Smith. As I and other's have stated, even if Reid thinks highly of Geno, he may have been more inclined to go with a vet he trusts and use the pick to fill other needs. I doubt Reid wants to have a tenure as long as his tenure with Philly. He probably wants to win soon rather than later.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,799
Reputation: 167514
Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
You are making any number of assumptions here. Here are a few:

- You assume they don't think Alex Smith is a franchise QB. If in their minds they have a franchise QB that is young, why would they pick another?

- You assume the don't see Geno Smith as a franchise QB. Again, they might, but they feel they have one with NFL experience one is a former #1 pick overall.

- You assume their evaluation of Geno Smith was completed weeks ago and that they don't question their conclusion. Have you noticed the shift in thinking about Geno's Smith's ranking in the last few weeks? I recall Jacksonville publicly stating their intention to stick with Blaine Gabbert, only to show interest in Smith. Obviously, we will never know if KC questions their decision. We know Vidae does!

- You assume the decision translate directly to the evaluation of Geno Smith. As I and other's have stated, even if Reid thinks highly of Geno, he may have been more inclined to go with a vet he trusts and use the pick to fill other needs. I doubt Reid wants to have a tenure as long as his tenure with Philly. He probably wants to win soon rather than later.
I assumed nothing. I translated what giving up the 2nd round pick in the draft for Alex Smith implied. If they felt there was a franchise QB in the 2013 draft, why in the world would they trade for Alex Smith, especially with such a high draft pick?
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,103
Reputation: 143066
Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by findthedr View Post
definition of apparent: Readily seen; visible. Readily understood; clear or obvious.

How is it apparent? Only facts we know are that the chiefs have brought in Lane Johnson, Ziggy Ansah, Joeckel, and Fisher in for private workouts. It is not clear that they are considering them all for #1 overall.
Oh lord in heaven.

The latest news is that the Chiefs ARE IN LOVE WITH Ansah. The last person they worked out was Ansah. Not Joeckel, not Fisher, Ansah. They met extensively with Ansah at the combine. That's what the report said. Of course, it could be pure BS, exaggerated or parts of it could be true. But if it isn't BS and the fine points of the report are true, then what other conclusion is there to draw? If true, then they are going to draft Ansah and that's what's apparent. Again, check your sticky.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Welcome back to my ranch ya turds.
Posts: 28,323
Reputation: 8504142
vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
They clearly don't think there are any franchise QBs in the 2013 draft. It's a lame situation to be in, and I agree that giving up their 2nd rounder was a bit much for Alex Smith, but regardless they did it and it's over with and there's nothing you can do about it except realize that QB just isn't on your teams draft radar for this year.

On a side note, I like what Izdik has been doing in regards to the QB situation, trying to get cheapo vets in to compete for the job until next year when we'll have a crack at someone like Teddy Bridgewater.
I never said I disagreed with any particular point. What I'm saying that QB is still absolutely the #1 need. Whether or not they like the QBs in this draft is irrelevant, it doesn't change the need.
__________________


** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Welcome back to my ranch ya turds.
Posts: 28,323
Reputation: 8504142
vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Ansah would be such an awful pick for KC that I expect it to happen.
__________________


** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,103
Reputation: 143066
Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
I assumed nothing. I translated what giving up the 2nd round pick in the draft for Alex Smith implied. If they felt there was a franchise QB in the 2013 draft, why in the world would they trade for Alex Smith, especially with such a high draft pick?
I just told you why, and you do ASSUME that they don't believe there isn't a franchise pick in the draft unless someone from the Chiefs told you that first hand. Maybe they don't, but you can't say that you know that for a fact. I have you some other reasons as to why they chose not to go QB in the draft.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,103
Reputation: 143066
Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Ansah would be such an awful pick for KC that I expect it to happen.
Okay, what's your take as a Chiefs fan as to WHY they would pick him.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Welcome back to my ranch ya turds.
Posts: 28,323
Reputation: 8504142
vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Okay, what's your take as a Chiefs fan as to WHY they would pick him.
Why they WOULD take Ansah? I guess you can never have too many pass rushers. Or maybe if they're planning on trading Tamba. I'd much rather have Dion, Jarvis or even Mingo, but if they decide to move Tamba then I could see any of those guys.

I'd like to believe that Ansah isn't on the table #1 overall, because you can't believe anything you hear in February or March, but with how god awful this team is in the draft I'm almost scared that it'll happen.
__________________


** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,440
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I never said I disagreed with any particular point. What I'm saying that QB is still absolutely the #1 need. Whether or not they like the QBs in this draft is irrelevant, it doesn't change the need.
KC Still needs a Franchise QB. No argument there. However, Reid and staff must be 100% certain that there isn't one in this draft class. Picking 1st overall means you want a high caliber player at that position. Take the BPA.

They don't see that in Geno Smith obviously. Heck, signing Chase Daniel means they didn't see that in any QB
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 135
Reputation: 108942
findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Oh lord in heaven.
Hopefully He answered you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
The latest news is that the Chiefs ARE IN LOVE WITH Ansah.
once again, citation needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
The last person they worked out was Ansah. Not Joeckel, not Fisher, Ansah.
So the last person that a team meets with it is the player that they are most interested in at #1 overall? sounds like pure speculation on your part.

Usually when someone is interested in someone else they tend to meet with them FIRST and not last (such as job candidates, etc).

Last edited by findthedr : 03-17-2013 at 12:25 PM.
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,799
Reputation: 167514
Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
I just told you why, and you do ASSUME that they don't believe there isn't a franchise pick in the draft unless someone from the Chiefs told you that first hand. Maybe they don't, but you can't say that you know that for a fact. I have you some other reasons as to why they chose not to go QB in the draft.
Everyone except you apparently knew the Chiefs saw no franchise QBs in the draft when they traded the 34th pick in the draft for a mediocre temporary solution in Alex Smith. You don't do that if you like what you see in a QB in the draft. If they think there's a franchise QB in this draft and they still made that deal, then they're the biggest idiots in the NFL, like Tannenbaum-level of stupidity.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,103
Reputation: 143066
Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Why they WOULD take Ansah? I guess you can never have too many pass rushers. Or maybe if they're planning on trading Tamba. I'd much rather have Dion, Jarvis or even Mingo, but if they decide to move Tamba then I could see any of those guys.

I'd like to believe that Ansah isn't on the table #1 overall, because you can't believe anything you hear in February or March, but with how god awful this team is in the draft I'm almost scared that it'll happen.
I think that if it's true, they may intent to trade Tamba. But the point I am making is that if they do pick Ansah, it obviously makes some sort of sense to THEM or else they wouldn't pick him.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 135
Reputation: 108942
findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
But the point I am making is that if they do pick Ansah, it obviously makes some sort of sense to THEM or else they wouldn't pick him.

no **** sherlock.

If Team X drafts Player Y than it must make sense to Team X or else they wouldn't pick player Y.

wow. what insight you provide.
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,103
Reputation: 143066
Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by findthedr View Post
Hopefully He answered you.



once again, citation needed.

"Citation?" Are you trying to sound scholarly or something?? You read the post just like I did, so I guess there's your "citation." Give me a break.


So the last person that a team meets with it is the player that they are most interested in at #1 overall? sounds like pure speculation on your part.

Did I say that, or was that one part of a larger statement that I made? Take the statement in it's entirety or don't take it at all.

Usually when someone is interested in someone else they tend to meet with them FIRST and not last (such as job candidates, etc).
Not when it come to the NFL draft which is not a normal job situation. Did you get drafted to your job at the mall demonstrating remote control helicopters?

I believe the Chiefs met with Tyson Jackson late in the process when they shocked the world and took him #3 overall. In the case of Ansah, there was very little information on him being that he just started playing football, so you claim does not apply as he was not a known commodity.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 03-17-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,103
Reputation: 143066
Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by findthedr View Post
no **** sherlock.

If Team X drafts Player Y than it must make sense to Team X or else they wouldn't pick player Y.

wow. what insight you provide.
Yeah, plenty of **** in your case since that fact fundamental eluded you altogether. Now don't start stalking me just because I helped you out. Boundaries. Run along.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 03-17-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,103
Reputation: 143066
Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Everyone except you apparently knew the Chiefs saw no franchise QBs in the draft when they traded the 34thspean pick in the draft for a mediocre temporary solution in Alex Smith. You don't do that if you like what you see in a QB in the draft. If they think there's a franchise QB in this draft and they still made that deal, then they're the biggest idiots in the NFL, like Tannenbaum-level of stupidity.
Wrong, none of us know that. If you have proof of that, then prove it. If not, then that is your interpretation of their actions. I don't know what their thinking was, but I am not egotistical enough to say that I definitely know that the Chiefs don't like any of the QBs. By the way, there have been posters that agree there could have been other factors considered by the Chiefs and Reid that led to the decision to acquire Alex Smith. By they way, how idiotic is it to spend a 2nd and 3rd on a "mediocre temporary solution" like Alex Smith? Maybe that makes them the biggest idiots in the NFL.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,799
Reputation: 167514
Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Wrong, none of us know that. If you have proof of that, then prove it. If not, then that is your interpretation of their actions. I don't know what their thinking was, but I am not egotistical enough to say that I definitely know that the Chiefs don't like any of the QBs. By the way, there have been posters that agree there could have been other factors considered by the Chiefs and Reid that led to the decision to acquire Alex Smith. By they way, how idiotic is it to spend a 2nd and 3rd on a "mediocre temporary solution" like Alex Smith? Maybe that makes them the biggest idiots in the NFL.
I never said that trading for Alex Smith was a good move or I agree with it in any way. It just makes no sense if they think there is even one franchise QB in this draft, considering they hold the #1 pick and there really isn't a player at another position thats like WOW I BETTER GET A QB SO I CAN TAKE THIS GUY INSTEAD like Jadeveon Clowney would be or someone.

Actions speak louder than words, and you don't do what they did to get Alex Smith and also sign a backup to 3mil a year if you like any of the QBs in the draft. I really don't know how you can argue against this, it's really ridiculous.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 135
Reputation: 108942
findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Doesn't matter, Bailey can't play in space and Ansah is better.
this is your OPINION. That is not a FACT as you are presenting it as.
They have similar athletic skill sets. Bailey has 19 career college sacks. Ansah has 4.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
And you still haven't acknowledged that IF the report is true, the Chiefs disagree with all or part of what you have said.
what REPORT?! I have been pleading with anyone to provide a link from some reputable source about this speculation. The only thing I have seen is what KCSTUD said. no one has provided a "report."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
"Citation?" Are you trying to sound scholarly or something??
heh. Normally I would say something like, "I forgot I was talking to a raider fan"....but I doubt most of them are this dim-whitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
You read the post just like I did, so I guess there's your "citation." Give me a break.
so you are basing the chiefs "love of Ansah" soley on what KCStud (an anonymous poster on this forum) said?
Guess everything anyone says on the internet must be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Did I say that, or was that one part of a larger statement that I made?
Both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Not when it come to the NFL draft which is not a normal job situation. I believe they met with Tyson Jackson late in the process when they shocked the world and took him #3 overall.
this is your opinion. Do you have any evidence to back this up?

Here is what I found: "Jackson said Denver and Atlanta were the only two teams to have him in for private workouts. He also visited Detroit, San Diego, Kansas City, St. Louis and Cleveland."

This was also under Scott Pioli and Todd Haley, neither of whom are in KC. Thus how they did things may not be how Dorsey and Reid do things.

Finally, I would be happy to respond to your post (link) if it wasnt such a clusterfudge. learn to quote properly.
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 448
Reputation: 30309
KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I want Dion Jordan or Ziggy Ansah. They are both gonna be amazing at the next level.

Jordan is more polished, but Ansah has better size.

I don't want an OT. I want them to start Stephenson at RT because he's shown potential and he fits Reid's system perfectly.

Chiefs were a bottom 5 team rushing the passer last year. We have to improve that to have a chance to win the division next year.
__________________


JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.