Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 135
Reputation: 108942
findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I want Dion Jordan or Ziggy Ansah.
ok. I understand that.

Please provide your source when you said earlier, "Word is that we are in love with him." [in reference to Ansah]

where did you hear that? how reputable is your source? Some, such as Black Bolt, have run with what you posted and is taking it as fact that "Reid is in love with Ansah."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I don't want an OT.
I dont want one at #1 overall either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I want them to start Stephenson at RT because he's shown potential and he fits Reid's system perfectly.
agree
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Welcome back to my ranch ya turds.
Posts: 28,084
Reputation: 8384620
vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I guess that it depends on if you trust Sutton to actually use a new pass rusher in a unique and interesting way. I'm not sure how he used to run his defenses (or if he even did with Rex there) but that is the most important thing.

It's neat to have players but without someone to call a good defensive (or offensive) game then it probably wouldn't matter a whole lot.
__________________


** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,103
Reputation: 143066
Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by findthedr View Post
this is your OPINION. That is not a FACT as you are presenting it as.
They have similar athletic skill sets. Bailey has 19 career college sacks. Ansah has 4.5.



what REPORT?! I have been pleading with anyone to provide a link from some reputable source about this speculation. The only thing I have seen is what KCSTUD said. no one has provided a "report."



heh. Normally I would say something like, "I forgot I was talking to a raider fan"....but I doubt most of them are this dim-whitted.



so you are basing the chiefs "love of Ansah" soley on what KCStud (an anonymous poster on this forum) said?
Guess everything anyone says on the internet must be true.



Both.



this is your opinion. Do you have any evidence to back this up?

Here is what I found: "Jackson said Denver and Atlanta were the only two teams to have him in for private workouts. He also visited Detroit, San Diego, Kansas City, St. Louis and Cleveland."

This was also under Scott Pioli and Todd Haley, neither of whom are in KC. Thus how they did things may not be how Dorsey and Reid do things.

Finally, I would be happy to respond to your post (link) if it wasnt such a clusterfudge. learn to quote properly.
- It is a fact that Ziggy Ansah is widely regarded as a better player than Bailey coming out of college by virtue of the fact that Bailey was drafted in the 3rd round Ansah is regarded a first half of the first round player. Not opinion, fact.

- I am referencing the post in which a report was mentioned. I never said I had the report. If you want it, then go ask the poster who provided the information. But stop crying to me about it.

- It's pretty plain to see than I am a lot smarter than you. There, I said it. This is why you keep shifting the argument and demanding citations as if that would give you a fighting chance. All you are doing is proving how much of a concrete thinking you are. A non-scientific report would not provide the proof you are demanding anyway. We weren't debating facts to begin with, were were debating a hypothetical scenario. See, you forgot again.

- It's pretty childish for you to behave as if I took the reported report as fact when I clearly stated that I don't know if the report is true or not. Why would you continue to do that this far into the conversation? Are you stuck in neutral or scared to continue because you realize you've been defeated? And you accuse me of not being logical? Not only are you a concrete thinker, you are stubborn and immature.

- You accusation of a "cluster____" is a stall tactic. Are you only capable of reading a certain type of font? I bet in reality, you read every bit of it. Oh, and that's my opinion, no citation needed.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 03-17-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Welcome back to my ranch ya turds.
Posts: 28,084
Reputation: 8384620
vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

If you were smarter you'd probably root for a different team. Just sayin.
__________________


** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 135
Reputation: 108942
findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'm not sure what is "unique" anymore. Everything done in the NFL the last couple yrs has been done before.

It still fundamentally comes down to how many rushers are you going to send...3, 4, 5 +?

There is a balance between pass rushers and pass defenders/coverage.
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,103
Reputation: 143066
Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by findthedr View Post
ok. I understand that.

Please provide your source when you said earlier, "Word is that we are in love with him." [in reference to Ansah]

where did you hear that? how reputable is your source? Some, such as Black Bolt, have run with what you posted and is taking it as fact that "Reid is in love with Ansah."


I dont want one at #1 overall either.


agree

LMAO! And what if he doesn't provide you a source?

Now you are delving into the absurd. You are basically telling on me for repeating what he reported?? ONCE AGAIN, I saw his post at approximately the same time you did and I never once even said I believed it. More concrete thinking on your part, sir. You have talked yourself into a deep, dark moist hole.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 448
Reputation: 30309
KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by findthedr View Post
ok. I understand that.

Please provide your source when you said earlier, "Word is that we are in love with him." [in reference to Ansah]

where did you hear that? how reputable is your source? Some, such as Black Bolt, have run with what you posted and is taking it as fact that "Reid is in love with Ansah."


I dont want one at #1 overall either.


agree
They've shown an extreme interest in him. They met with him at the Senior Bowl, Combine and had a private workout with him.

It's been said on 610 radio too that we really like him.

They really like Jordan too. They didn't send the house all the way to Oregon for their pro day just to talk to Kyle Long or Kiko Alonso.
__________________


JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:09 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 135
Reputation: 108942
findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
- It is a fact that Ziggy Ansah is widely regarded as a better player than Bailey coming out of college by virtue of the fact that Bailey was drafted in the 3rd round Ansah is regarded a first half of the first round player.
ha! If Ansah is drafted early it is because he has the POTENTIAL to be a better player (i.e. high ceiling). Manytimes players are drafted early based on potential and not because they currently are better players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
- I am referencing the post in which a report was mentioned. I never said I had the report.
use critical thinking skills. what you are claiming as fact (that the chiefs love ansah) is unsubstantiated speculation until proven otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
- It's pretty plain to see than I am a lot smarter than you.
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
There, I said it. This is why you keep shifting the argument and demanding citations as if that would give you a fighting chance. All you are doing is proving how much of a concrete thinking you are. A non-scientific report would not provide the proof you are demanding anyway. We weren't debating facts to begin with, were were debating a hypothetical scenario. See, you forgot again.
you are passing off your opinions as fact, and are making claims without providing evidence. When you are debating either on a forum, in a court-room, or someplace else, you should provide evidence for your conclusions. Without it you lose credibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
- It's pretty childish for you to behave as if I took the reported report as fact when I clearly stated that I don't know if the report is true or not. Why would you continue to do that this far into the conversation?
you did not clearly state that you dont know if the "report" is true or not. In the second example, you actually confirmed the "report" by saying that, "it isnt BS and that the finer points of the report are true."

example 1



example 2


Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
- You accusation of a "cluster____" is a stall tactic. Are you only capable of reading a certain type of font? I bet in reality, you read every bit of it. Oh, and that's my opinion, no citation needed.
not a stall tactic. when you "reply" to what I say, you respond within my quoted text. To the reader, it just looks like I am saying one long statement when in fact you have replies within that statement. It wont be clear to the reader who says what. Notice how I have broken down your quotes into small sections and reply to them individually? you should give that a try. It really is easy. Apparently you think you are smart enough to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
If you were smarter you'd probably root for a different team. Just sayin.
lol. says the chief fan to the raider fan. the irony. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
LMAO! And what if he doesn't provide you a source?
when someone says, "word is..."
that is seperate from their own opinion. It implies they heard it from somewhere else. Based on that source one can ascertain the credibility of "the word..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
They've shown an extreme interest in him. They met with him at the Senior Bowl, Combine and had a private workout with him.
They have done the same with other players. What you see as "extreme interest" could in fact be "due diligence."

That is what NFLDRAftBible thought, and they were the first to report the private workout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
It's been said on 610 radio too that we really like him.
I'm not trying to call you out, I am just trying to find out the source when you say, "word is we are in love with him."

The earliest I can find anyone saying something similar is a poster on a chiefs fan forum that used similar wording. The anonymous poster claims to have "inside sources." That post was ~ 1hr after nfldraftbible reported the private workout.

Until we hear something more reputable, I think it would be wise for people to be more skeptical on who the chiefs love or hate this time of the year.
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Welcome back to my ranch ya turds.
Posts: 28,084
Reputation: 8384620
vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by findthedr View Post
lol. says the chief fan to the raider fan. the irony. :)
Oh I know what I said, and I stand by it!
__________________


** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 135
Reputation: 108942
findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

that deserves rep. How do I do that? (Yes I checked the FAQ and tried a search with keyword, "reputation.")
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Allons-y!
Posts: 9,536
Reputation: 2201884
Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by findthedr View Post
that deserves rep. How do I do that? (Yes I checked the FAQ and tried a search with keyword, "reputation.")
click the little scale thingy under the green bar
__________________

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 135
Reputation: 108942
findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

thanks, and repped.

For whatever reason it doesnt show up in my preferred non-IE browser. no worries.
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,103
Reputation: 143066
Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I want Dion Jordan or Ziggy Ansah. They are both gonna be amazing at the next level.

Jordan is more polished, but Ansah has better size.

I don't want an OT. I want them to start Stephenson at RT because he's shown potential and he fits Reid's system perfectly.

Chiefs were a bottom 5 team rushing the passer last year. We have to improve that to have a chance to win the division next year.
I am pretty much an anti Chiefs fan, but that aside, I completely agree with those choices although I would add Star to the list if his health checks out. The thing is, they have more upside IMO than Tamba Hali, especially against the run. One of them in combination with Houston will cause teams BIG problems.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,103
Reputation: 143066
Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by findthedr View Post
ha! If Ansah is drafted early it is because he has the POTENTIAL to be a better player (i.e. high ceiling). Manytimes players are drafted early based on potential and not because they currently are better players.


use critical thinking skills. what you are claiming as fact (that the chiefs love ansah) is unsubstantiated speculation until proven otherwise.

Yeah, um, I am done correcting you. At this point, you are lying. Let me know when you acquire the balls to continue the conversation.

lol



you are passing off your opinions as fact, and are making claims without providing evidence. When you are debating either on a forum, in a court-room, or someplace else, you should provide evidence for your conclusions. Without it you lose credibility.

No I am not. Next...


you did not clearly state that you dont know if the "report" is true or not. In the second example, you actually confirmed the "report" by saying that, "it isnt BS and that the finer points of the report are true."

example 1



example 2


Thank you, I actually left out the word "if" in that sentence. If you notice, it makes more sense with an "if" before the word "it" which leads into the "then" that follows. However, I have been saying "if it is true" many other times in the discussion, all of which you chose not to quote, so this is really just another detour.

not a stall tactic. when you "reply" to what I say, you respond within my quoted text. To the reader, it just looks like I am saying one long statement when in fact you have replies within that statement. It wont be clear to the reader who says what. Notice how I have broken down your quotes into small sections and reply to them individually? you should give that a try. It really is easy. Apparently you think you are smart enough to do it.

Yeah, it was a stall static like I said just like this weak little pilgrimage into minutia. Then fact of the matter is that you continue to ignore my responses to your malicious accusations and false assumptions as if I never said anything. When are you going to show some class and stop this nonsensical claim that I stated something as fact when I didn't even make the statement to begin with? Have you figured out how patently stupid it is to ask ME for a "citation?" By the way, you gave me the laugh of the evening with that gem.


lol. says the chief fan to the raider fan. the irony. :)



when someone says, "word is..."
that is seperate from their own opinion. It implies they heard it from somewhere else. Based on that source one can ascertain the credibility of "the word..."


They have done the same with other players. What you see as "extreme interest" could in fact be "due diligence."

That is what NFLDRAftBible thought, and they were the first to report the private workout.



I'm not trying to call you out, I am just trying to find out the source when you say, "word is we are in love with him."

Yeah, um, but you did call him out, so congratulations.

The earliest I can find anyone saying something similar is a poster on a chiefs fan forum that used similar wording. The anonymous poster claims to have "inside sources." That post was ~ 1hr after nfldraftbible reported the private workout.

Until we hear something more reputable, I think it would be wise for people to be more skeptical on who the chiefs love or hate this time of the year.
What would be wise is if you learned some basic people skills.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 03-18-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,051
Reputation: 75432
bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

the Reid Ansah stuff is cause they both went to BYU. Just my opinion.

Interesting that Albert signed his tag today... could that mean a trade is in the works?
__________________
my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 512
Reputation: 34375
Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

This thread has become the most unreadable on the site.
__________________
Taber21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
findthedr
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 135
Reputation: 108942
findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.findthedr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
the Reid Ansah stuff is cause they both went to BYU. Just my opinion.
interesting theory.

Here are ALL the BYU players drafted by the Eagles while Reid was there:
----2005. 5th round. Scott Young. Guard

Here are ALL the BYU players drafted by the Packers while Reid was there:
----1992. 9th round. Ty Detmer. QB


Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
Interesting that Albert signed his tag today... could that mean a trade is in the works?
possibly, or:

1. after seeing Jake Long's contract he like the idea of getting $9.82 million guaranteed for 1yr

2. he didnt want to risk having the tag rescinded

3. they could be getting close to signing a longterm contract.

Last edited by findthedr : 03-18-2013 at 01:58 PM.
findthedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,788
Reputation: 3250307
WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by findthedr View Post
1. after seeing Jake Long's contract he like the idea of getting $9.82 million guaranteed for 1yr

2. he didnt want to risk having the tag rescinded

3. they could be getting close to signing a longterm contract.
I'm guessing that it's primarily a combination of 1 and 2. After seeing Long's contract, the franchise tender doesn't sound too bad so he doesn't want to have the tag rescinded.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,103
Reputation: 143066
Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
the Reid Ansah stuff is cause they both went to BYU. Just my opinion.

Interesting that Albert signed his tag today... could that mean a trade is in the works?
This is interesting; however, there are still two big time OTs on the FA market in Volmner and A. Smith. It's hard for me to see a team at this time giving up picks for a LT that isn't truly elite.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 03-18-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,051
Reputation: 75432
bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by findthedr View Post
interesting theory.

Here are ALL the BYU players drafted by the Eagles while Reid was there:
----2005. 5th round. Scott Young. Guard

Here are ALL the BYU players drafted by the Packers while Reid was there:
----1992. 9th round. Ty Detmer. QB


he brought Ty with him to Philly and also picked up undrafted TE Chad Lewis, OG/OC Dallas Reynolds and RB Reno Mahe all from BYU (and gave them each real chances).

note Im not saying this is what Andy is going to do again. Just saying there is a history there and that could be driving the rumors.
__________________
my shoes hurt

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,103
Reputation: 143066
Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
he brought Ty with him to Philly and also picked up undrafted TE Chad Lewis, OG/OC Dallas Reynolds and RB Reno Mahe all from BYU (and gave them each real chances).

note Im not saying this is what Andy is going to do again. Just saying there is a history there and that could be driving the rumors.
Good point, there is a history there. And being that Mormons are cultish....I'm joking!

I'm glad someone understands what a rumor is in this thread. Message boards might as well be called rumor boards. Anyone who gets bent out of shape about rumors appearing on a message board needs to have their head examined. It could be that the Chiefs have decided on Ansah, it could be that they are considering Ansah, it could be that they are considering him in the event of a trade down, it could be that the Chiefs are simply doing their due diligence (just as the Raiders worked out Joekel) or the whole idea could be someone else's opinion of what the Chiefs think of Ansah.

Last edited by Black Bolt : 03-18-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 20,785
Reputation: 1970937
LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

So the Chiefs were bad enough to be have the #1 overall pick last year, but 2 of the building blocks they did have in place were bookend tackles. So on top of all the other needs they cut 1 and might trade the other. Sounds like great logic to start rebuilding a team
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: There's no place I can be since I found Serenity.
Posts: 20,487
Reputation: 1999224
Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Eric Winston wasn't that great. I don't think he should have been cut but people are acting like they cut a stud.

If he is so great why has no one signed him?
__________________
Splat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fernando Torres's bedroom
Posts: 12,471
Reputation: 2617987
Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Because the market is still strong for him ?

This is the worst argument ever.
__________________

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 20,785
Reputation: 1970937
LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I most definately don't think he was a stud or a pro bowler but he was a very capable starter that regardless of what you think of his play creates another hole. If I'm picking up a team who was the worst in the NFL I'm not going to create holes when I have an above average starter.


Also, not sure why you would want to use the excuse "If he's so great why has no one signed him" because you do realize there are still good players available in free agency right? Jake Long being unsigned until recently is the reason that all the RT's hadn't signed yet and you can expect that to speed up. Volmer is better then Winston and he's available.



I don't think the offensive line should have been messed with at all, after the trade with Alex Smith my only focus on offense would have been #2 WR and TE, after that all my sights would have been on defense. The line wasn't the problem at all and a bunch of teams would love to start Winston.
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.