Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-01-2013, 12:04 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Round 2 is probably really early for Armstead. I'm guessing more 3/4 is his ceiling, although I suppose after the postseason he's had anything is possible. Assuming we manage to bring back Ellerbe and Reed along with Flacco, I'd love to see us target a pass rusher in round 1, maybe with a rangy safety or defensive tackle in round 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Dan#7
Rookie

Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I'm not a huge Elam fan if we're talking pick #32 or based on our scheme. I think he could be a solid player in the Tampa 2 with more interchangeable safeties but I don't know about replacing Reed.

What do yall think about Terron Armstead in Round 2? We will need to address the LT position but that selection with a 2 year deal for McKinney could work out well. Armstead is apparently being tried out as a TE. If he could come in on jumbo sets and get some 2 TE experience (provided he shows ability as a receiver), he could develop into a LT by year 3.
I agree with you 100% on Elam. I like him as a prospect, but for our scheme he doesn't fit very well. Pollard is one of our strenghts on the defense, and it would be stupid to limit him to a new role where he doesn't excel.

Give me an OT high in the draft that has produced against top competition and is a sure fire talent. He doesn't have to have an incredibly high ceiling og extreme athletic ability. The last couple of Super Bowls have been won by teams, who didn't have a lockdown left tackle.
Dan#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Random thought ahead to the 2014 draft...if we don't take a safety early this year, I want Lamarcus Joyner. Seems like yesterday he was a top recruit out of highschool. Always thought he was a badass and has been a stud safety for the Noles.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Dan#7
Rookie

Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Random thought ahead to the 2014 draft...if we don't take a safety early this year, I want Lamarcus Joyner. Seems like yesterday he was a top recruit out of highschool. Always thought he was a badass and has been a stud safety for the Noles.
At 5'8, he is not a high pick, but from watching two videos, I love his physicality. Beeing an undersized former safety myself, I love these kind of guys, so he gets my vote.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I am admittedly still suffering from post-Anquan Boldin trade depression, I will be hyping up the Tavon Austin train. If the plan really is to play Dickson more and move Pitta into the slot, we're going to need to bring on some more speed. I don't have any faith in the young & unproven wideouts to develop and I don't think the FO views Jacoby as a long term answer (He'll be turning 31 after his deal is up). Austin is a mismatch nightmare and can work underneath routes and play the Randall Cobb role. I'm not sold on any of the defensive prospects in our range so I would uncharacteristically desire to go all in on offense.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm all on board the Tavon Austin train. I'm also huge on DeAndre Hopkins and Keenan Allen, if either happen to fall to us (the latter seems more likely at this point).
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I'm all on board the Tavon Austin train. I'm also huge on DeAndre Hopkins and Keenan Allen, if either happen to fall to us (the latter seems more likely at this point).
I'd be thrilled with either of those as well and I agree, they look to be in that 25-35 range at the moment.

Hopkins has some of the inconsistencies that Torrey had coming out (dropping passes (concentration), letting the ball into his body, coverage recognition, beating jams with his hands), and he lacks the top end speed but might have a more shake and bake. He has solid size and is a smooth athlete and does a great job of locating the ball and making a play, especially deep. I have him at 30 on my big board.

I have Keenan Allen at 20 on my big board right now. I was a big fan of his when he came out of HS (I wanted him to play safety though - he was a stud DB). He's got a lot of the same positive attributes as Hopkins (ball skills, strong hands, aggressiveness, accelerating out of breaks) but has a bigger frame and can box out well (like Q). He doesn't have the same type of speed or juke ability, but can get YAC with power and work the middle (like Q). He does have some of the same inconsistencies as Hopkins (also Torrey) that many young wideouts have.

I'd be happy with either, although I'd really want Tavon Austin. Keenan could almost step into Q's role right away and Hopkins would bring a little different element to the table but he could be in line for immediate PT as well.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
asham27
Rookie

asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be ecstatic with Tavon Austin on the team. Unfortunately, I doubt he'll fall that far.
asham27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4th Round comp pick for Ben Grubbs!! worddd
Old 03-18-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

We're in the market for Michael Huff. He was a stud at UT but up and down for the Raiders. Would be a good fit as the centerfielder type FS.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:43 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would LOVE to add Michael Huff. I loved him coming out of college and sure he never lived up to being a top 10 pick, he's still a solid starter and very versatile.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Dan#7
Rookie

I was thinking of something. With the addition og Spears and Canty to our defensive front, we have dline currently consisting off: Canty, McBean, Spears, Jones, Hall, Tyson, Cody, Ngata and McPhee. That's an awful lot of depth, actually 9 players and I didn't include Kemoeatyou.

That's why I was wondering, could we move Pernell McPhee to the OLB spot as a pass rusher? Currently listed at 280, he would have to lose some weight and hopefully add some speed, but I could see him in a role where he get a few yards head start and then get a good punch in with those heavy hands of his.

I know its far fetched, but keeping 9 players on the defensive line is a lot, which would mean, that guys like McBean, Cody risks cuts or trades. Otherwise Tyson and Hall would be buried on the practice squad the upcoming season.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McBean and Kemoeatu are free agents so they're not on the team. If Ngata moves to NT the depth chart along the DL is set.

DT: Jones - Spears - Tyson
NT: Ngata - Cody
DE: Canty - McPhee - Hall

If he doesn't then there's even more depth at the DE/5-technique slots. That's a really rough chart and I could see any of the top two guys at any of the positions end up being the "starters." I'm liking the depth though. It seems like the DL won't be a big priority for the draft. That's probably a good thing with the other needs on the team.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Has anybody watched film on Jamie Collins (Southern Miss) or Trevardo Williams (UCONN)? They're both projected OLB's (Williams was a DE at UCONN) great production rushing the passer. I've only seen the N.C. State game for Williams and the Nebraska game for Collins, but haven't been able to make a good assessment. My gut says they both fit the scheme as a complementary pass rusher. They would need work in the run game but as a 3rd guy off the bench, they could fill Kruger's role well.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Has anybody watched film on Jamie Collins (Southern Miss) or Trevardo Williams (UCONN)? They're both projected OLB's (Williams was a DE at UCONN) great production rushing the passer. I've only seen the N.C. State game for Williams and the Nebraska game for Collins, but haven't been able to make a good assessment. My gut says they both fit the scheme as a complementary pass rusher. They would need work in the run game but as a 3rd guy off the bench, they could fill Kruger's role well.
I think that's all the Ravens would need a guy to do anyways. They don't need a well-rounded starter, but rather just a situational pass-rusher. This is a good class to wait on a pass-rusher like Collins or Williams and at this point I wouldn't be surprised to see Baltimore do just that while focusing on ILB and S in the first couple of rounds.

WR and LT could be up there in needs too. For what it's worth I wouldn't be upset with moving Oher back to LT (where he played most of last year anyways) and starting Reid at RT and see what happens with that lineup. Depth would still be a need but it was going to be anyways. That would leave WR as the only "real" need on offense.

It's hard to make any strong predictions for the draft right now though. The Ravens have a bit under $8 million in cap space to work with and I believe they will fill at least two needs via free agency with that money.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Round. Pick. Overall.

1. 32. 32.
2. 32. 62.
3. 32. 94.
4. 33. 129.
4. 33. 130.
5. 32. 165.
5. 35. 168.
6. 31. 199.
6. 32. 200.
6. 35. 203.
7. 32. 238.
7. 41. 247.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys think we would still consider Jesse Williams even after signing Canty and Spears? I love his versatility and a rotation of Ngata,Jones,McPhee,Williams is real good. Even if Cody somehow pans out even better.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
You guys think we would still consider Jesse Williams even after signing Canty and Spears? I love his versatility and a rotation of Ngata,Jones,McPhee,Williams is real good. Even if Cody somehow pans out even better.
If Ngata is moving to NT then no. They have all the depth they need along the DL in that case as well as some quality rotational pieces. There's only so much depth a team can have before it becomes repetitive. If Ngata isn't moving to NT then maybe. I wouldn't want them to go after a NT high in the draft with the other pressing needs on the team though.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we may get him in the second round though. Scott has him falling to 57 in his most recent mock. I wont complain. He can play all NT and DE so we can use Cody/Williams rotation at NT.

Also another guy I was looking at is Cornellius (Tank) Carradine. Can he play 34 OLB? I havent seen much of florida state.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
we may get him in the second round though. Scott has him falling to 57 in his most recent mock. I wont complain. He can play all NT and DE so we can use Cody/Williams rotation at NT.

Also another guy I was looking at is Cornellius (Tank) Carradine. Can he play 34 OLB? I havent seen much of florida state.
I consider the second round fairly high in the draft too. Like I said if Ngata is moving to NT then where is the room to play him?

DT: Canty - Spears - Tyson
NT: Ngata - Cody
DE: Jones - McPhee - Hall

If that's the configuration (well, even just Ngata playing NT) I think the DL is pretty much set.

Carradine should be able to play the RUSH in a 3-4. Those guys don't drop back enough to make it a huge deal in my opinion. Some players seem to be able to rush the QB with their hand on the ground (or vice-versa) but Carradine looks good enough to be effective with a two-point stance too.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I havent seen any word that Ngata will play NT though. Canty is pretty good but its not like Spears is a beast. We can move them all around. It wouldnt shock me if Williams plays better then Spears by the end of his rookie year.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:30 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I havent seen any word that Ngata will play NT though. Canty is pretty good but its not like Spears is a beast. We can move them all around. It wouldnt shock me if Williams plays better then Spears by the end of his rookie year.
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...a-345d19840ebd

Quote:
With Canty and Spears now in the mix – along with Arthur Jones, Pernell McPhee, Terrence Cody and DeAngelo Tyson – the Ravens can play with a variety of sets to exploit the mismatches Ngata creates.

“We’ve played him everywhere pretty much and it’s been more based on what we’ve needed to do based on the offensive line that we’re going against or our situation personnel-wise,” Harbaugh said. “But the fact that we’ve added two guys that can play defensive end definitely marks the possibility he could play inside more.”
IMO, ILB is our biggest need. Just because personally, I've never had much faith in Jameel McClain and after his spinal injury, i have even less. Plus, we've lost Ray and Ellerbe which leaves us with every little experience and leadership in the middle of our defense.

Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz : 03-22-2013 at 08:33 AM.
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I see thanks for posting that. I wonder how much we will use him there. Mcphee/Ngata/Jones would be good for pass rushing downs.

Also regarding MLB I hope we bring in Karlos Dansby for a short deal. This way we dont have any glaring needs except maybe safety.

How do you guys feel about Christian Thompson? Athletically he has everything you need out of a stud safety. How would you guys feel if we sent him out there and let him get experience instead of bringing in a veteran to start over him.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TOP 5 UPDATED RAVENS NEEDS
1) ILB
2) WR
3) S
4) C
5) TE

TOP 15 'MOST LIKELY TO BE A RAVEN' PROSPECTS

ILBS
1st) Alec Ogletree
1st) Arthur Brown
1st) Jon Bostic
2nd) Manti Te'o
2nd) Kevin Minter

WRs
1st) Tavon Austin
1st) DeAndre Hopkins
1st) Robert Woods
2nd) Aaron Dobson
2nd) Da'Rick Rogers

OL
1st) C Barrett Jones
1st) C Travis Frederick

S
1st) Kenny Vaccaro
1st) Eric Reid
2nd) Matt Elam
Old 03-26-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I see thanks for posting that. I wonder how much we will use him there. Mcphee/Ngata/Jones would be good for pass rushing downs.

Also regarding MLB I hope we bring in Karlos Dansby for a short deal. This way we dont have any glaring needs except maybe safety.

How do you guys feel about Christian Thompson? Athletically he has everything you need out of a stud safety. How would you guys feel if we sent him out there and let him get experience instead of bringing in a veteran to start over him.
I wouldn't mind adding Dansby, for the exact reason you stated, to allow us to go into the draft with 1 less glaring need.

I was also wondering the same thing about Thompson, posted a question in the other discussion thread but didn't get much feedback. I'm rooting for the kid but I honestly know nothing about him. I do see him getting a chance to play though.