Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-17-2013, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrea is awful

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These last two episodes better bring the house down ....tonite...wowza....

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Andrea is awful
No series outside of Game of thrones and the latest season of breaking bad have any good female characters in it (granted BSG from what I've seen of it may be another exception)

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
No series outside of Game of thrones and the latest season of breaking bad have any good female characters in it (granted BSG from what I've seen of it may be another exception)
Mad Men
Spartacus
Revenge
The Wire
The Shield
BSG
Twin Peaks
Lost
Friday Night Lights

Basically every good show has good female characters. Hell, Michonne is a tolerable character in this show but Andrea sucks.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-17-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How the hell did the governor get out of that situation in the warehouse....Obviously they weren't going to let him die like that, but there is no way.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-17-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mad Men Still havn't made it past 3 episodes
Spartacus LOL who? Lady Batiaris I can see that but none of the long lasting women and the truth of it is women don't last very long in that series.
Revenge haven't seen it
The Wire Once again who? I'll give you Snoop maybe Kima but she was more often then not a background character
The Shield Havn't seen it
BSG Already mentioned
Twin Peaks Before my time I think
Lost could never get into it
Friday Night Lights I watched the first two seasons I didn't find one.

Basically every good show has good female characters. Hell, Michonne is a tolerable character in this show but Andrea sucks.
I must say I disagree and let's go back to the gold standard of Breaking Bad. Skylar wasn't any more than Carmela soprano in the first few seasons. Although you did forget Weeds.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 03-17-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I must say I disagree and let's go back to the gold standard of Breaking Bad. Skylar wasn't any more than Carmela soprano in the first few seasons. Although you did forget Weeds.
I was going for half hour dramas, and Weeds sucks. And you didn't find one in FNL? Tami Taylor not good enough for you?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-17-2013, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I was going for half hour dramas, and Weeds sucks. And you didn't find one in FNL? Tami Taylor not good enough for you?
Weeds does suck but the female lead has at least a little interest in her. Tami Taylor all too often fell into the wife mother box.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 03-17-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Weeds does suck but the female lead has at least a little interest in her. Tami Taylor all too often fell into the wife mother box.
Tami Taylor is a godsend and you should shut your damn mouth.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-17-2013, 11:17 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Skylar from BB has been downright awful for past 2 seasons.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-17-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Skylar from BB has been downright awful for past 2 seasons.
I think the breakdown of he psyche is interesting they could have explored it a little better but I think it was well written. But even if I decided to agree with you it just furthers my point. Female characters suck for the most part. The only show I watch on a regular basis that is both still in production is game of thrones if you want to deny me Breaking Bad. So the female characters sucking is not unique to TWD even among "critically acclaimed" series.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 03-18-2013, 07:54 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This episode wasn't bad, if you ask me, not nearly as bad as last week or three weeks ago, anyway. It was all set up for the next two weeks, but at least they planted the seed in the storyline that Tyreese is questioning an alliance with the governor and (if you think Milton is the guy) Milton may be mulling a detraction from Woodbury, or at least showing some backbone and actually going against the Governor's orders and doing what he believes is right. It was a big time set up episode, but that's really all it was. It got the ball rolling for the end of the season, but last night it was only rolling extremely slowly.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Milton is the shows best character.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Could be, for sure, in time. Honestly, right now, the best character is the Governor to me, based on how he has been used. The writers seem to be putting so much focus on making him a bad guy and bringing you into his psyche that not enough focus is put on the rest of the cast. But I really hope they develop Milton well, he is already a compelling character, but could become an integral part of the show soon as well.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Could be, for sure, in time. Honestly, right now, the best character is the Governor to me, based on how he has been used. The writers seem to be putting so much focus on making him a bad guy and bringing you into his psyche that not enough focus is put on the rest of the cast. But I really hope they develop Milton well, he is already a compelling character, but could become an integral part of the show soon as well.
I like The Governor but I think he could be even more badass with a better actor. There will little moments during the last episode that were well written but the delivery seemed off. I actually kind of liked this past episode. Not great but certainly better than a lot of the episodes of the show. Though predictable the suspense was built well and set up needed to happen.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I like The Governor but I think he could be even more badass with a better actor. There will little moments during the last episode that were well written but the delivery seemed off. I actually kind of liked this past episode. Not great but certainly better than a lot of the episodes of the show. Though predictable the suspense was built well and set up needed to happen.
To me it kinda seems like the actor who plays the Governor is trying very hard to mold himself after Liam Neeson, which is ok, but it comes through too much. He's playing a role, rather than playing a person, sometimes. I liked a lot of this episode, actually, I thought the interactions between Tyreese and the Governor were good and the confrontations with the father (can't remember his name right now for some reason) from his group were good, as well as the scene where the Governor asked him about the gasoline.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
To me it kinda seems like the actor who plays the Governor is trying very hard to mold himself after Liam Neeson, which is ok, but it comes through too much. He's playing a role, rather than playing a person, sometimes. I liked a lot of this episode, actually, I thought the interactions between Tyreese and the Governor were good and the confrontations with the father (can't remember his name right now for some reason) from his group were good, as well as the scene where the Governor asked him about the gasoline.
I completely agree. I was pleasantly surprised. Still problems but I would not call this a bad episode at all.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Daryl still the best.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-18-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Daryl still the best.

Daryl is the ******* man! Followed closely by Maggie. Very disappointed neither were in last night's episode. :(

These last two episodes are gonna be crazy!! Can't wait!

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Daryl still the best.
He has been kind of weak this season imo. He is still one of the few characters I don't want to die and actually like but his character just seems to have gotten worse since season one. I am all about character development but he is kind of developing into a ***** with the occasional awesome Darryl moment.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

So from the reactions in this thread, I assume we would all are feeling this way towards Andrea's situation...

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-18-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the Talking Dead last night, Laurie Holden (the actree who plays Andrea) gave a bit of insight into her character. She talked about why she does some of the things she does and even talked about a few deleted scenes that give a bit more clarity to her character. It made me hate her less. I still don't like her, but I no longer want her to die.

One part of the episode really pissed me off though:

Andrea: I'm going to kill the Governor.
Milton: You'll never get close enough.

Later in the episode, Andrea has the Governor in her sights. Milton stops her from killing him. Well dammit Milton, she was just close enough to kill him and you stopped her. Jackass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
On the Talking Dead last night, Laurie Holden (the actree who plays Andrea) gave a bit of insight into her character. She talked about why she does some of the things she does and even talked about a few deleted scenes that give a bit more clarity to her character. It made me hate her less. I still don't like her, but I no longer want her to die.

One part of the episode really pissed me off though:

Andrea: I'm going to kill the Governor.
Milton: You'll never get close enough.

Later in the episode, Andrea has the Governor in her sights. Milton stops her from killing him. Well dammit Milton, she was just close enough to kill him and you stopped her. Jackass.
They would have quickly discovered that Andrea did it and killed her and potentially Milton. I am surprised with all the things you defend about the show you took issue to that scene.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I also don't think Milton wants the Governor dead. He wants the governor to leave the people in the prison in peace (possibly from meeting them during the last episode).

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 03-18-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I also don't think Milton wants the Governor dead. He wants the governor to leave the people in the prison in peace (possibly from meeting them during the last episode).
Milton is just a really good guy. Plus he knew Gov before he became a monster and I think wants to save him, help him become a good person again, cure him lile he wants to cure zombies.