Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-18-2013, 02:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Noel's talent is undeniable but I read that this is actually his second major surgery on the same knee. It said something along the lines of he could potentially have some kind of issue that the knee mishaps will be persistent throughout his career.

Something to keep an eye on pre-draft.

Also I'm love with Kyle Anderson as a nice bench player.
Is it really undeniable? Good shot blocker, but his offense is raaaaaaaaw. I'm not as big a fan as I was going into the season. Watching him play turned me off some.

But he could be a fit on a team that doesn't ask him to be a big scorer.

Orlando Magic's version of Serge Ibaka?

Last edited by D-Unit : 03-18-2013 at 02:59 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Is it really undeniable? Good shot blocker, but his offense is raaaaaaaaw. I'm not as big a fan as I was going into the season. Watching him play turned me off some.

But he could be a fit on a team that doesn't ask him to be a big scorer.

Orlando Magic's version of Serge Ibaka?
Agree on Noel.

I was very disappointed the first few times I watched him play. Yes he goes out there and blocks shots, but i don't see a developed player at ALL. Even before the knee injury, I would have thought a 2nd year at Kentucky would be huge for him. As we all know, that just wasn't going to happen before or after knee injury.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:29 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I've soured on Noel because of the injuries. Orlando needs a sure thing but the NBA draft seems to be all about potential.

That's really just a sad, sad roster.

Really looking for Poythress, McAdoo, or Olynyk to be sliding when LAC is on the clock.

Last edited by tjsunstein : 03-18-2013 at 03:33 PM.
tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Yeah, I've soured on Noel because of the injuries. Orlando needs a sure thing but the NBA draft seems to be all about potential.

That's really just a sad, sad roster.
It's sad in the sense that they aren't able to compete at a high level. But there's some excitement in watching them develop. You can tell they have something with a few of those guys. They really need a floor general to get it all going and that's why I like Burke so much. I think he's the kind of answer they need.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's sad in the sense that they aren't able to compete at a high level. But there's some excitement in watching them develop. You can tell they have something with a few of those guys. They really need a floor general to get it all going and that's why I like Burke so much. I think he's the kind of answer they need.
They'd benefit greatly from trading down with a team like Cleveland if the lottery balls are kind to Orlando. Cleveland could pick up Muhammad in the top 3, Orlando goes Burke/McAdoo. Just spitballing here.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
They'd benefit greatly from trading down with a team like Cleveland if the lottery balls are kind to Orlando. Cleveland could pick up Muhammad in the top 3, Orlando goes Burke/McAdoo. Just spitballing here.
I agree trading down is in the Magic's best favor.

Are people still high on Shabazz? Oladipo has passed him up imo.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:03 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
I agree trading down is in the Magic's best favor.

Are people still high on Shabazz? Oladipo has passed him up imo.
Personally, I'm not. I'd take Oladipo, McLemore, Porter, and probably Bennett over him. But pairing him with Kyrie, I think he'd make a solid 2nd option in the NBA.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Also I'm love with Kyle Anderson as a nice bench player.
I hope for Kyle and UCLA's sake that he stays in school. He's a very uniquely skilled player, but his complete lack of a jumpshot and bulk will hurt him a lot as a sf/pf in the pros. I think its best for him to stay and polish up his game.

As far as Shabazz goes, as someone who has watch every one of his games, I'm not in love with him as a pro prospect. He's a very good spot up shooter and good in transition, but he's not a very creative scorer. Right now he get's by on the fact that he's bigger/stronger/more athletic than his competition, but that won't be true in the pros. Almost all of his points come either in transition, on spot ups, or on put backs. He has the tools to be good, but his game needs a lot of work if he's going to be a dominant scorer at the next level.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:51 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
I hope for Kyle and UCLA's sake that he stays in school. He's a very uniquely skilled player, but his complete lack of a jumpshot and bulk will hurt him a lot as a sf/pf in the pros. I think its best for him to stay and polish up his game.

As far as Shabazz goes, as someone who has watch every one of his games, I'm not in love with him as a pro prospect. He's a very good spot up shooter and good in transition, but he's not a very creative scorer. Right now he get's by on the fact that he's bigger/stronger/more athletic than his competition, but that won't be true in the pros. Almost all of his points come either in transition, on spot ups, or on put backs. He has the tools to be good, but his game needs a lot of work if he's going to be a dominant scorer at the next level.
I have the same type of feelings towards Shabazz that I did towards OJ Mayo when he came out. I know they are two different body types, but as far as scoring they remind me of the same type player. They get by on their natural ability and at times they just liked to jack up shots and go the easy route instead of taking it to the rim and being creators like you mentioned.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 03-18-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

I compared him to Demar Derozan before the season started and got roasted for it. Now I'm thinking Derozan might be his ceiling. lol.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
I compared him to Demar Derozan before the season started and got roasted for it. Now I'm thinking Derozan might be his ceiling. lol.
People forget how highly touted Derozan was coming into USC.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-18-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm probably completely homertastic right now, but does anyone see TJ Warren coming out this year? I would imagine the stock for Lorenzo Brown and CJ Leslie have taken quite a hit this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still like Lorenzo Brown tbh at least maybe as a back up.. yet could have played better as well as Leslie.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Very disappointed in Leslie when I've watched NC State this year. I think he is a big reason they under performed this season. He definitely did not build off monster tournament last year.

On a sidenote - Scott Wood is straight deadly from outside.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-18-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't think I see the Derozan comparison to be honest. I'd say Shabazz is a lot better spot up shooter than Demar coming out (Shabazz is very good in this regard), but Demar has more of a mid range game and is a better shooter off the dribble. Shabazz doesn't have much of a mid range game. If he's dribbling, he's trying to get to the basket. Demar is also probably a better athlete, although Shabazz is no slouch. Shabazz is a bull though. He's way stronger than Derozan.

My main concern for Shabazz is that he isn't a creative scorer or facilitator in the half court. He's very good in transition and shooting in spot up situations as well as off screens. Outside of that he pretty solely relies on his ability to overpower and out jump his competition. When he drives he pretty much just tries to go through his opponents. He also gets quite a few points on putbacks.

One thing I will give him, the guy is relentless, plays really ******* hard, and has a great work ethic. At times that ferociousness works against him and he will bark at his teammates if he doesn't get the ball when he feels like he should.

To be honest, his game just lacks a lot of polish, which is actually pretty understandable when you remember that he's a freshman. The tools are all there. Good athlete, great strength, good shooter, strong in transition, and the tenacity and work ethic to really improve his game. He's not quite the elite prospect that he was made out to be coming out of school, but he's still a good player and should continue to improve.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 03-18-2013 at 11:33 PM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
It's okay, I know what I picked. You will all see my reign of dominance commence soon enough. And hey, at least I contributed to the thread by mentioning a prospect.

Also, Nerlens Noel= Ben Wallace 2.0 and he'll be a huge asset for whoever drafts him, Mike Muscala will be the biggest sleeper, Trey Burke will be the best PG, no one is as bad as Austin Rivers in the lottery this year and I was wrong last year about Drummond.
Thats already been taking by Bismackkkkkkkkk

76ers currently 11th, but if they go to 13th the pick goes to the Heat.

Personally, I am a McAdoo fan. I feel that in a uptempo offense he would flourish, using his quickness and length (7'1 wingspan on a 6'9 frame) and jumping ability. But then again, I was big on Brand Wright too.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:07 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

I still think Brandon Wright can be successful in the NBA. Everytime he has been given extended minutes, he has put up stats. ...... I don't get it.

I don't think McAdoo is as good as John Henson coming out last season.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 03-21-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone help me out. The Wolves need a 2 guard to play off Rubio/Love. Who fits the bill best for where they might be picking? I really like Oladipo.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Someone help me out. The Wolves need a 2 guard to play off Rubio/Love. Who fits the bill best for where they might be picking? I really like Oladipo.
Brodeur will tell you to **** off since he wants Oladipo in Detroit. I think he will fare well at the next level. Some things he needs to shore up such as his ball-handling, but he's a solid shooter with the potential to be a fantastic perimeter defender. Can probably even play the 3 in small spurts.

Since he's such a hard worker off the ball, he and Rubio could be straight sex together.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I still think Brandon Wright can be successful in the NBA. Everytime he has been given extended minutes, he has put up stats. ...... I don't get it.

I don't think McAdoo is as good as John Henson coming out last season.
This is a tough one. First off Wright was a boss and I mean it took him awile but he can play in the league.

And McAdoo is not polished, you are right.. he is a little stronger than Henson is even now probably. Really has the body already to play in the league.

What you guys think of PJ and Reggie?
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:44 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want mavs to go after Tony Mitchell

I got to see him play here at my school and he's a monster.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:04 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Mitchell is outrageously gifted, but he's also severely lacking upstairs. That being said, if you have a mid-late 1st you could totally justify the gamble.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brody, did you book your flight yet?
Old 03-28-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mitchell is outrageously gifted, but he's also severely lacking upstairs. That being said, if you have a mid-late 1st you could totally justify the gamble.
Yeah, but is it because he doesn't care for school or is he really that stupid. Maybe a little of both but who needs to be smart for basketball.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote